• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This ain't no april, FOOL! Rei Ogami vs Natsu Dragneel. Fire users fight for superiority.

I mean "to ash" is just a saying. He burns stuff to nothingness (otherwise he would have covered the city in a **** ton of ash), so i guess he burns nothingness to nothingness....doesn't sound any better does it?

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Context might be appreciated, cuz this sounds like a total bull without it.
"Nullification" also called "nothingness", it is something created when special power blood meets rare kind blood. It will erase everything without a trace.

With all 7 flames combined to make the white flame, he managed to burn this. So can burn type 1 non existent practically.

How does this even work?

Ap wise Natsu's weakest is low 7b while the fellow above is low 7c, this I suppose can be written off because dude seems to ignore durability.

Primary issue then becomes speed, Natsu at his slowest is MHS+ while Rei is either speed of sound or SOL (does no one else find this a ludicrous gap between potential speeds?) so Natsu either blitzes and one shots or gets blitzed and oneshot. U can equalise speed but then it becomes a stomp since Natsu will definitely try and eat the flames removing literally any opportunity for him to actually fight back, u can give him knowledge on the flames but then he just closes the gap and oneshots.

TLDR; there hardly seems anyway to make this a fair match, it's a mismatch

About the first part yes, dura neg.

Natsu is at most Sub-rel+....which i for some reason was thinking of Rel+. Might equalize speed then.

So we're using Natsu's best form? Again that doesn't make anything better, it's now 6b vs low 7c. Equalised speeds is literally just handing Rei the win, giving Natsu knowledge so it isn't an immediate stomp is just making it a stomp in Natsu's favour, this isn't a match that works

Hmm, giving Natsu knowledge not to eat the flames i guess.

But why would that make it a stomp? He just knows to avoid or not get hit. Doesn't mean he can pull it off no?

I mean, this Natsu already has Resistances to Existence Erasure and also burn an EE attack as well. I would say he can eat the Blue flame just fine.

Then it's a sniping game.

SBA means they both start several km from each other, Natsu has enhanced senses that allow him to track ppl cross country, to a flying mobile fortress, using nothing but the faint scent of drugs from a small teacup. He can pin point ppl from km away with his hearing (and can snipe with just as much accuracy.)

They're both aware of each other, Natsu knows he has to make the first move, he will find Rei first due to the aforementioned senses and he will pick him off in a single move. Either that or he scorches everything for km- Rei has flame resistance but has he countered 6b flames b4?

I honestly don't think this is a good match

>6-B flame

Is that supposed to be a reason why fire doesn't get burned? It's not like burning or EE-ing fire is an AP feat.

The fire in question can already burn EE itself, it can also burn death magic, time and apparently burn souls, saying it's 6b was just to outline the sheer ap gap between them but ok let's ignore that.

I mean, that was just to say that the blue flame can burn his fire.

Even somehow assuming that won't work for whatever reason Belphegor (power burning fire) will burn it just fine.

Yeah, except Natsu's is limited. This is just burning "all" abilities away, he burned even time hax away when it was used to reverse time on him.

Riiiight just like when Natsu burned through time stop, and burned through Zeref's time based abilities among which was time reversal

First one: Time was stopped- Natsu burned through it to oneshot the stopper

Second one: Natsu fights his immortal brother who has complete mastery over time magic (including the ability to reverse time so as to recover from vaporisation) Natsu burned through that to beat him.

And these were accomplished in weaker forms btw

Davidsteel1 said:
First one: Time was stopped- Natsu burned through it to oneshot the stopper
Second one: Natsu fights his immortal brother who has complete mastery over time magic (including the ability to reverse time so as to recover from vaporisation) Natsu burned through that to beat him.

And these were accomplished in weaker forms btw
That's kinda different from power nulling though. He burns through the magic that people are using to achieve the effects. It's just his fire can burn magic in fairy tail. If magic isn't the medium he can't do that.

If belphegor is used on people they will not be able to use powers and the power will be absorbed:

Can burn away people's special powers sucking them away

RatherClueless said:
"Tainted with the seven deadly sins". Is Natsu's flame tainted though?
That apparently means any ability in the series. So yeah don't mind that.

Time hax, gets burned. Random ice, gets burned. Sound gets burned.

@Zackra

Type 1.

Verse equalisation handles that though, as long as the source of energy isn't wildly different from FT magic it falls under this particular rule and in consequence is susceptible to Natsu burning.

Davidsteel1 said:
Verse equalisation handles that though, as long as the source of energy isn't wildly different from FT magic it falls under this particular rule and in consequence is susceptible to Natsu burning.
Not really. It IS wildly different. These guys do not have a medium for their abilities. It's plain hax. It is fueled by their life (if they use their powers too much they'll die). But it doesn't use any medium.

>"Time hax, gets burned. Random ice, gets burned. Sound gets burned."

giving that as a reason for Rei's flames > Natsu's flames makes it kinda obvious you haven't seen or read fairy tail.

RatherClueless said:
>"Time hax, gets burned. Random ice, gets burned. Sound gets burned."
giving that as a reason for Rei's flames > Natsu's flames makes it kinda obvious you haven't seen or read fairy tail.
That wasn't reason for Rei's flames > Natsu's. It was about the "only sinned powers get negged".

Zackra1799 said:
Than shouldn't Natsu's resistance to EE (Mind, Body, and Soul) allow him to tank and eat it.
The blue flame, yes. Since it does simple EE.

The white flame, EE which burns even type 1 Non-Existence not a chance. Also how did he "resist" it? If it's by burning the flames i'll slap someone.

Back