• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sanji Vinsmoke
v
Minato Namikaze

-
-
7A Keys Only
Distance: 20 Feet
Speed Equalized

Minato
: Nomnoms, Pop, Demon, Soul

Sanji: TheElderich

Incon: Tempest,Joshpiece

Last edited:
Sage mode. But i don't think his sage mode is as good as he states but it's still sage mode.
Sage Mode was never stated to sense invisible people. Only Dojutsu was stated to be able to sense it.

Hiding with Camouflage Technique (Meisaigakure no Jutsu)​

• Ninjutsu, A-rank, Supplementary
  • User(s): Taiseki
Fusing with the landscape, concealing one’s breath, erasing one’s shadow!!

This is one ninja escape technique among others. One controls how light is reflected around their body with chakra inflections. Donning such an escape gear, one might as well not be there at all. Perceiving the caster’s position is impossible with normal eyes, and only Sharingan, Byakugan and the like can see through it.

Concealing himself, he sneaks up behind the enemy!!

Useable on any terrain.
Only Shima (Ma Toad) was shown to be the only with Sage Mode to be able to sense invisible users.

Sage Mode was never stated to sense invisible people. Only Dojutsu was stated to be able to sense it.

Only Shima (Ma Toad) was shown to be the only with Sage Mode to be able to sense invisible users.
false because sensory ninja could already track a invisible person

Naruto Chapter 560 Page 7

right here is one Onoki stating sensory ninja can watch Mu who can turn invisible

Who said it was because of his invisibility that they could sense him?

Heck, Minato couldn't even sense his son getting a Bijuu ripped out of him until Kurama told him to change his chakra into sensory mode.

From what I know, he needs to use 1 mode at a time, and if he's too busy kneading chakra instead of fighting, he's getting kicked. And he would still need to see the attack in order to counter it.

I'm pretty sure Minato scales higher in terms of AP than Sanji (Sanji scales from Vergo, who scales to Pica [377.58 Megatons], and Minato scales above Jiraiya. Itachi stated he wouldn't be able to even defeat in his base Jiraiya, and Itachi matched Hebi Sasuke, who managed to destroyed the Uchiha Fortress using Kirin [about 600 Megatons]}. So I'd say Minato ,at the very least, is double Sanji in terms of AP.

The main problem is Stealth Black. I'm not sure if Sanji will immediately go invisible. If he does, then Minato will definitely struggle. However, I think with Minato's experience and intellect, he could probably outsmart Sanji or locate him with the use of Sage Mode. I'm not saying that Sage Mode will be able to sense him while invisible (whether he can or cannot, idk), but since in Sage Mode Minato has enhanced senses, all of his sense are heightened. His vision, hearing will help him in the situation (hearing him move, or seeing his footprint on the ground. Seeing how it's the Whole Cake Island (I'm assuming they're fighting where Sanji fought Luffy), the grass will easily give Sanji away. That's enough time for Minato to quickly tag him. And go from there. Even if it wasn't on the grass, I don't think that would matter too much because of his enhanced hearing anyways. Now, if Sanji instead attacks in the air, instead of on the ground, then that will definitely tough for Minato. But I highly doubt Sanji will stay in the air the whole fight anyways, at least not before Minato tags him.

If he doesn't start with invisibility, Minato can just tag him with Flying Thunder God Technique. Now obviously, he won't start with tagging Sanji, but I think that with Sanji's haki and Air walk, he could easily dodge Minato, even with FTG Kunai's. I think Minato will realize that he will have to tag him to actually stand a chance. And with the tag, regardless of whether Sanji goes invisible or not, Minato can still tag him. And if he can't tag in base, then he'll simply just use Sage Mode, and the fight will go from there.

The only way I can possibly see Sanji winning is, of course him starting invisible, and just staying in the air and attacking from there. Because once he touches the ground, Minato (at least in sage mode) will find him and tag him.

Minato wins easy to mid difficulty

(Please correct me if I'm wrong in evaluating any of them, this is my first big answer x.x)

Edit: I understand that Minato's Sage Mode has very limited time, but I think in this situation he wouldn't even need to use it for so long, all he'd need to do is tag Sanji.

The main problem is Stealth Black. I'm not sure if Sanji will immediately go invisible. If he does, then Minato will definitely struggle. However, I think with Minato's experience and intellect, he could probably outsmart Sanji or locate him with the use of Sage Mode. I'm not saying that Sage Mode will be able to sense him while invisible (whether he can or cannot, idk), but since in Sage Mode Minato has enhanced senses, all of his sense are heightened. His vision, hearing will help him in the situation (hearing him move, or seeing his footprint on the ground. Seeing how it's the Whole Cake Island (I'm assuming they're fighting where Sanji fought Luffy), the grass will easily give Sanji away. That's enough time for Minato to quickly tag him. And go from there. Even if it wasn't on the grass, I don't think that would matter too much because of his enhanced hearing anyways. Now, if Sanji instead attacks in the air, instead of on the ground, then that will definitely tough for Minato. But I highly doubt Sanji will stay in the air the whole fight anyways, at least not before Minato tags him.
Sanji always goes invisible first.

Also, we see that Sage Mode doesn't sense invis/camo.

Also, Sanji can fly, so footsteps won't do much.

First of all that is imperfect sage mode second of all he is inside of it so he would be harder to sense
Can you prove that perfect Sage mode can sense invis?

The only thing bad about Jiraiya's sage mode is the amount of nature energy used and that it's not balanced. It never meant that it couldn't do what regular sage mode does.

And no, they couldn't sense the chameleon either. They needed Shima's jutsu to sense it, and Shima is not here.

Edit: Heck, Fukusaku and Shima couldn't even sense it until Shima used her jutsu. Fukusaku was the one who taught Naruto "mastered" Sage Mode, unless you wanna tell me that his is imperfect too.

Can you prove that perfect Sage mode can sense invis?

The only thing bad about Jiraiya's sage mode is the amount of nature energy used and that it's not balanced. It never meant that it couldn't do what regular sage mode does.

And no, they couldn't sense the chameleon either. They needed Shima's jutsu to sense it, and Shima is not here.

Edit: Heck, Fukusaku and Shima couldn't even sense it until Shima used her jutsu. Fukusaku was the one who taught Naruto "mastered" Sage Mode, unless you wanna tell me that his is imperfect too.
Perfect sage mode is superior to normal sensory capabilities that can sense Muu who erases his presense and is invisible
That Chameleon also was summoned by the rinnegan

Perfect sage mode is superior to normal sensory capabilities that can sense Muu who erases his presense and is invisible
Never stated, ever.
Never sensed Muu, ever.
That Chameleon also was summoned by the rinnegan
And it was stated to be a chameleon of a certain species so it's not special at all.

Like I sent above, it says camo can only be seen/sensed by Dojutsu, which they don't have. Even regular ninjas with Camo won't be sensed.

Now you're just using headcanon. Minato cannot sense him, and if he does, he won't be able to fight since he'll be focused on sensing.

Minato does not win.

Never stated, ever.
Never sensed Muu, ever.
Sensory ninjas sense Muu Sage Mode sensing has been shown to be vastly superior with range, sensing targets people without it can't sense
And it was stated to be a chameleon of a certain species so it's not special at all.

Like I sent above, it says camo can only be seen/sensed by Dojutsu, which they don't have. Even regular ninjas with Camo won't be sensed.

Now you're just using headcanon. Minato cannot sense him, and if he does, he won't be able to fight since he'll be focused on sensing.

Minato does not win.
A immortal chameleon from the rinnegan yeah not special at all

Sensory ninjas sense Muu Sage Mode sensing has been shown to be vastly superior with range, sensing targets people without it can't sense
Never shown to sense Muu, ever.
That was your headcanon which was never proven.
Even the sensory based group says they couldn't sense him.

Dustless Bewildering Cover (Mujin Meisai)​

• Ninjutsu, B-rank, Supplementary
  • User(s): Mu
Taking on the appearance of “nothingness”, becoming the sky

A technique method of invisibility like the moon on a rainy night!!

Water changes the appearance of everything, be it gaseous or solid, sometimes it distracts light, sometimes it bends it like a prism, imitating a phantom image. Mu’s forte is the manipulation of water, namely it means he subdues the light. By wearing water droplets, the user of the Dustless Bewildering Cover technique evades light, erasing his appearance. Like water, he becomes an existence that doesn’t exist…

By bending the surrounding light with water, the user can pretend not to be there. The mechanics are similar to optical camouflage.
So stop lying and saying they can sense him. You're being completely dishonest saying that those random fodder could sense him.

A immortal chameleon from the rinnegan yeah not special at all

Second Databook Jutsu Files

Hiding with Camouflage Technique (Meisaigakure no Jutsu)​

• Ninjutsu, A-rank, Supplementary
  • User(s): Taiseki
Fusing with the landscape, concealing one’s breath, erasing one’s shadow!!

This is one ninja escape technique among others. One controls how light is reflected around their body with chakra inflections. Donning such an escape gear, one might as well not be there at all. Perceiving the caster’s position is impossible with normal eyes, and only Sharingan, Byakugan and the like can see through it.

Concealing himself, he sneaks up behind the enemy!!

Useable on any terrain.
Only dojutsu is able to sense it.

And Sanji's stealth mastery plus his camo isn't getting sensed by Sage Mode or regular sensing.

I know you counted me already @Ashura, but I vote Sanji for internal damage, precognition (not just sensing like Minato), and invis that won't be sensed.

Never shown to sense Muu, ever.
That was your headcanon which was never proven.
Even the sensory based group says they couldn't sense him.
I have a scan saying that they can sense him from Onoki already on the thread
So stop lying and saying they can sense him. You're being completely dishonest saying that those random fodder could sense him.

Only dojutsu is able to sense it.

And Sanji's stealth mastery plus his camo isn't getting sensed by Sage Mode or regular sensing.
Sanjis stealth mastery is basically just his camo

You had a headcanon statement that you assumed was them sensing him, while other sources directly say that they can't sense him.
Headcannon statement that is a kage saying sensory ninja can sense him
No, he had stealth mastery far before his camo.
oh wait yeah anyways stealth mastery really isn't anything special without further clarification and pretty much all ninja have stealth mastery

Headcannon statement that is a kage saying sensory ninja can sense him
It says they can sense him, not sense him while he's invisible.
Heck, the user says that they can't sense him.

They sensed him while he was not invisible, which is why when they chase him, he's still visible.
oh wait yeah anyways stealth mastery really isn't anything special without further clarification
I quote.
  • Stealth Mastery for Sanji - Able to sneak into Rain's Base. In the Water Seven Arc, Sanji was able to infiltrated the Puffin Tom and rescue Usopp and Franky right under the noses of CP9, who were masters of espionage and stealth. Even Rob Lucci exclaimed his amazement at this feat

Trust me, I personally believe Minato could sense him (even without lack of proof), but I already told you the consequences of Minato sensing him prior.

It says they can sense him, not sense him while he's invisible.
Heck, the user says that they can't sense him.
Onoki says they can
also this is accepted for sage mode Extrasensory Perception (Can sense attacks without directly seeing them, allowing him to dodge appropriately and can detect targets over great distances) so lol he can sense his attacks anyways
They sensed him while he was not invisible, which is why when they chase him, he's still visible.

I quote.
  • Stealth Mastery for Sanji - Able to sneak into Rain's Base. In the Water Seven Arc, Sanji was able to infiltrated the Puffin Tom and rescue Usopp and Franky right under the noses of CP9, who were masters of espionage and stealth. Even Rob Lucci exclaimed his amazement at this feat
and how is that relevent literally regular ninjas do this all the time

Onoki says they can
Send the scan where it says "you can see him while invisible" because I just debunked it
also this is accepted for sage mode Extrasensory Perception (Can sense attacks without directly seeing them, allowing him to dodge appropriately and can detect targets over great distances) so lol he can sense his attacks anyways
"Sense attacks without seeing them" ≠ "Sense invisible attacks". It means behind your head, in blind spots, etc. not invisible.
and how is that relevent literally regular ninjas do this all the time
While invisible? Nope

Send the scan where it says "you can see him while invisible" because I just debunked it
They can sense not see get that through your head
"Sense attacks without seeing them" ≠ "Sense invisible attacks". It means behind your head, in blind spots, etc. not invisible.
You can't see either of them its literally the exact same thing
-Sensing attacks from a blindspot: cannot see them
-Sensing attacks from a invisible person: cannot see them
While invisible? Nope
It doesn't matter to them because he can already sense his attacks

They can sense not see get that through your head
Never said they can sense them
You can't see either of them its literally the exact same thing
-Sensing attacks from a blindspot: cannot see them
-Sensing attacks from a invisible person: cannot see them
Go check Enhanced Senses because it shows a huge difference.
It doesn't matter to them because he can already sense his attacks
Not proven. He gets kicked in his face

Regardless.

If he senses, he has to focus on sensing instead of fighting, and in that time where he's sensing, he gets kicked

Back