• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Abilities Addition Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Previous thread is now old and sick. It's time to restart the discussion with a summary of the new things:

Luffy

• Social Influencing for Luffy. According to Mihawk, Luffy possesses the most dangerous ability in the world: the ability to recruit allies to his side everywhere he goes. He's able to turn the man-hating Boa Hancock into liking him. Before he met Luffy, Jinbei initially had no intention of building a relationship with him, only wanting to accompany him through Impel Down and Marineford to appease Ace's wishes. However, after getting to know Luffy, Jinbe quickly developed a deep respect for him, and risked his life to get Luffy out of Marineford safely.
  • Limited Resistance to Power Nullification: Ok, I know this is hard and I can't find the official translation but this has been happening since Luffy was put in Wano's prison and a lot of theories came out BUT in chapter 935, Babanuki stated that while the Seastone cuffs are working, Luffy's and I quote "ignoring the laws of physics", meaning that even if the cuffs are doing its work, they ain't doing it efficiently because of Luffy's huge willpower, making him able to fight when the Seastone should make him so weak that he should be struggling to do his slave work (which he obviously does at a way he's not expected to). Manga+ doesn't show the chapter anymore for some reason, but if someone knows where I can read the most recent chapters with the official translation I'll post the scans.
  • Limited Explosion Manipulation via Red Hawk.
  • Enhanced Senses for Luffy (Smell and instinct).
  • Regenerationn for Luffy ([His current justification], can regrow a tooth by drinking milk).
Tesoro

• Extrasensory Perception: Using his Awakening he can connect with all the gold he has touched in Gran Tesoro through something akin to a sensory network. Through it, he is able to detect any attempted break-ins/attacks on the city. Though the gold does need to be damaged for him to notice.
Vergo

Trebol

Daz Bonez
He'd get a second key to add these abilities. If he has something to scale him from, we'll discuss it in another thread.

Hancock

Others

• Fusionism for Devil Fruit Users with Haki that can create the spiral pattern in their bodies. We have three characters so far who have shown this ability: Luffy, Katakuri and Big Mom. Users of this ability can fuse their Haki with their Devil Fruit powers, manifestating the Devil Fruit through Haki, instead of using them as separate entities. In Luffy's case his armoured body keeps the elastic properties, while Katakuri's Haki becomes adhesive just like regular Mochi does when he uses his Zangiri Mochi, something similar happened during the wedding when Katakuri stopped Luffy mid-air when he attempted to break Mother Carmel's photo. Big Mom gave us a hint of her power, but since it's still an unknown I'd only argue that it's a possibility (she has Fusionism for her Homies, anyway so this'd just change the description).
  • Enhanced Senses to Fujitora: Hears Nami's thunder from miles away, which neither Doflamingo or Law heard.
  • Exceptional Willpower for people who have resisted Conqueror's Haki.
  • Limited Adaptation for the other Strawhats who went to Skypiea (Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Robin): In the first thread we added this to the Monster Trio, but I said that I'll eventually come back with this. The four of them fought in a place with less oxygen than the average, and it was stated that people from the blue seas shouldn't be able to fight back.
  • Longevity for Giants. Most Giants can live up to 300 years. The two old giants in Big Mom's flashback have lived for 400 years.
  • Chinjao has the three types of Haki.
  • Sai has Observation and Armament.
  • Social Influencing to Kalifa for using her sex appeal to deceive opponents to lower their guards.
  • Momonga has the normal two types of Haki.
  • The CP9 members have Haki Post-TS but considering only Lucci and Kaku have made an apparition since then, we should wait on adding it to the other members.

This stuff looks fine and I agree with all the editions to Tesoro

I know I suggested this a lot but I think Monet should have a higher tier via her shields ( far higher or 7-A+ is fine with me.)

All looks fine. Just a bit iffy on Luffy's last resistance. I believe he's able to resist to some extent the effects of seastone because he's so powerful by this point that even his absolute weakest state still looks ridiculous to your average fighter.

Luffy

• Agree
  • Agree - The Greatest Swordsman in the World Mihawk highlights Luffy's charisma himself.
  • I will try to look for it. Sound interesting
Tersoro

• It should be Limited Extrasensory Perception since if the info above is correct, Gild only notice when someone damage his gold.
  • Agree
  • Agree
  • Agree
  • Agree
  • Agree
Others

• Skipping this one since technically I'm the one that brought this up.
  • If I remember correctly, that is due to the Vinsmoke having exoskeleton for skins correct, if so, then they should get it, with the exception of Sanji of course.
  • I definitely agree with this
@Js250476 - Monet should definitely have a higher tier via her snow walls though it would only scale to her durability.

@Dziga while that's a likely option, Babanuki stated that the thing that was making Luffy resists the effect of the cuffs wasn't his physical prowess but his insane willpower. Granted, he's not using his Gomu Gomu powers, but with the showings of what Seastone has done to Luffy in previous instances where he was barely able to stand still, this is an insane difference and should be count as Limited Resistance as the bare minimum.

This is probably the same case with Kid who has showed similar feats, but if accepted he should get Possibly Limited Resistance instead.

@Js I think you should put that suggestion on the general revisions, so we can use this thread to add abilities instead.

I agree on the Fusionism

As for the Limited Resistance to Power Null, most of the scans I see have "ignoring the laws of nature". I believe if we were to have the official Japanese scan and have someone translate it directly, it would be much better imo.

EDIT: Forgot to comment on the Monet's Forcefield Creation and I agree. Her attacks are shown to create powerful snow walls/barriers that can protect her from harmful attacks.

@Calaca

Would it be okay to add Enhanced Senses for Fujitora to the list. Evidences being:-

As well as Resistance to Low Temperatures for Vergo. Evidences being that he didn't seem affected by the cold atmosphere after taking off his uniform and cloak as he begun beating Law and Rosinate and draped only his uniform over his shoulders open:-

correct me if I'm wrong but fail smile users lose their feelings excluding happiness, right? Should not this guarantee resistance to Empathic Manipulation? If I'm right, Killer should have this on his profile

This is the same we argued for the Vinsmoke siblings and we concluded that we have not enough evidence to give them such resistance.

@Plum

>Fujitora

First one is legit. Second one might be Observation Haki.

>Vergo

I think it's legit and I hate you for showing me that part of the manga that made me hate Vergo.

@ PlumCrayfish I'm in the same boat as Calaca on Fujitora and Vergo.

@ReiRubro Hmmmm, that is very interesting. Failed Smile user can only expressed only happiness, meaning if they feel sad, they smile and laugh instead and etc. I guess so. Want to see the others response to this.

6EA9CE40-35BE-4EAE-9923-ED9706483BF4
So why doesn't some characters have this ability????

I know for one I remembered Luffy having it as well as Doffy but I could t find it

Failed SMILE users can presumably still feel those emotions; they're just incapable of expressing it. So I don't think they'd be resistant.

Non-Physical Interaction shouldn't be on any Haki users page. Right now the Haki page puts it as 'Limited Non-Physical Interaction' but it should really be 'Limited Intangibility Negation' or 'Limited Elemental Intangibility Negation'.

Enhanced Senses for Fujitora is fine.

It can be all of them Damage^ it's more NPI than intangible negation cause I never heard of that and haki basically gives you NPI for intangibility unless you believe some logias aren't intag

Elements can be intang for sure and this site has it like that. Light is literally intang.

There's a type of NPI which basically covers what Haki grants so the general term is accurate but it only applies to Elemental Intangibility atm.

We use the Haki page to list those powers. Otherwise we'd need to edit tens of profiles with powers and abilities that are already listed on the page.

I don't think that's Attack Reflection. I think it's more like he punched an unyielding wall unexpectedly which caused damage to himself.

You'd hurt your own hand if you punched a wall at full force.

So, is this the consensus?:

Luffy

• Technique Mimicry - Okay
  • Social Influening - Okay
  • Limited Resistance to Power Null - ???
Gild

• Limited Extrasensory Perception - Okay
  • Electricity Manipulation - Okay
  • Explosion Manipulation - Okay
  • Limited Light Manipulation, Energy Manipulation and Energy Projection - Okay
  • Weapon Creation - Okay
  • Stats Amplification - Okay
Others

• Fusionism for Luffy and Katakuri and possibly Big Mom - Okay
  • Resistance to Blunt Force Resistance for Vinsmoke Siblings except for Sanji - Okay
  • Forcefield Creation for Monet - Okay
  • Ehanced Senses for Fujitora - Okay
  • Resistance to Cold Temp for Vergo - Okay
  • Resistance to Empathetic Manipulation for Failed Smile Users - Rejected
  • Attack Reflection for Bartolomeo - Rejected
  • Size Manipulation for Bartolomeo - Okay

The generally accepted abilities are in the OP so Staff members have an easier read so it'd be better to conclude which abilities should we add before we call the staff members.

For once I want to note that Luffy should have Explosion Manipulation with Red Hawk. We see an explosion coming from inside Hody's body and Luffy's profile literally depicts it as an explosion.

For the Limited Resistance for Power Null, the closet I could find is "don't abide by the law of nature".

>Explosion Manipulation for Luffy

Yeah, it does look like an explosion

The Cage isn't a Barrier tho. Or at least not in the way I think what a Barrier is. The Spider Web has holes and it wouldn't protect Doffy fron non-physical attacks.

Spiderman has Barrier Creation with webs but his are able to protect him from such types of attacks and even from water. This isn't the case.

Large Size for Gild Tesoro's Golden Tesoro; Type 2 I think

Size Manipulation for Pica, can create and alter the varying sizes of Stone Golem depending on the amount of Stone available

EDIT: Limited Resistance to Disease Manipulation for Usopp, Luffy and Sanji: They never once in their life been sick or have a fever, Luffy even ask if being sick painful - https://********.org/chapter/57078/6

Possible Pressure Points for Lao-G and maybe Law: I mean there this whole diagram which points out the various points in the human body there as he teach Law how to fight. So they should know where are the pressure points in the human body - https://********.org/chapter/309406/16

I don't think that never being sick counts as Resistance.

It doesn't.

I'm also not sure about adding PP even as a Possibly. We see no instance where that is slightly suggested except for that detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back