• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i researched the kayran destroying the bridge thing and it was really disappointing because kayran destroyed the bridge by taking chunk by chunk, but what i found was intersting

Rock2

This was one of the chunks that kayran destroyed during the fight with geralt and i think we might scale this

And the material is clearly either limestone or slate

which both have a density of 2,700 kilograms per cubic meter and scaling the the Zweihänder in the back of the geralt the chunk should at least be 3, 4 or even 5 meters tall

alright because nobody is doing the calc for the chunk feat i'm doing it

Now because we can't really scale geralt to anything in witcher 2 we need to use his swords instead, and so i 've used geralts zweihander for example (Geralts sweihander is a lot smaller than most other zweihanders so the height for this one is 180 cm)

Rock3

Now the zweihander has 476 pixels while the chunk has 523 pixels

Note: this isn't the highest point of the chunk but if we used the higest point of the chunk for example it would largely inflate the results

Now the difference between 476 and 523 is 9.4094094094094% OR 9.8739495798319%

The total height difference between the zweihander and the chunk would be 196.93693693694 OR 197.7731092437 cm (rip 6'6 geralt)

Now using this website i managed to find the cubic meter to be 7735

and knowing the desnity of the materials and using this website to find the total weight of the chunk

The results are: 20,884.5 kilograms

Yeah kayran was literally taking chunks that weigh 20 tons casually and he was even able to throw them at geralt and geralt could tank multiple of them

>RIP 6ft 6 geralt

Not so fast, I haven't gotten the full shot of Ciri beside Geralt in the game yet.

Steve Rogers1 said:
It would be possible to calculate the kinetic energy if there was a reference speed for the throw.
If Geralt can survive the rocks slamming into him, y'all could just calculate the energy needed to frag it.

Debris looks small enough to qualify for v. frag.

Nah, the tackle was done by Regis, Dettlaff only tossed Regis around after being tackled. Here's the feat.

The feat's already calc'd and accepted and only a wording change was needed, fixed it already.

KLOL506 said:
Steve Rogers1 said:
It would be possible to calculate the kinetic energy if there was a reference speed for the throw.
If Geralt can survive the rocks slamming into him, y'all could just calculate the energy needed to frag it.
Debris looks small enough to qualify for v. frag.
He doesn't get hit by the rocks, but by the tentacle. The tentacle destroyed the bridge so he scales anyway

In game canon, even fodder humans are 9-A. In Gwent, a ragtag bunch of heavily drunk peasants of Fox Hollow (in Touissaint) were holding off a vampire horde which was attacking their village. Later, Vessemir arrives there due to happening to be in the area (indicated to be visiting his lover, the old lady you meet in the auction quest of Hearts of Stone) and teaches them the general weaknesses of any vampire. Later, armed with this knowledge and basic farming equipment, the peasants went on a counter offensive against the vampire horde stationed in Tesham Mutna castle, led by their leader Regis. Although Vessemir gets KOed at the gates of the castle by falling rubble, the peasants would still go on to complete the job. The vampires were slaughtered and Regis himself got cut into pieces and scattered. Due to this incident, Regis would swear to never drink blood ever again and in time, becomes the bro that joins Geralt's party pretending to be a barber and medic.

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Germain_of_Fox_Hollow

TacticalNuke002 said:
In game canon, even fodder humans are 9-A. In Gwent, a ragtag bunch of heavily drunk peasants of Fox Hollow (in Touissaint) were holding off a vampire horde which was attacking their village. Later, Vessemir arrives there due to happening to be in the area (indicated to be visiting his lover, the old lady you meet in the auction quest of Hearts of Stone) and teaches them the general weaknesses of any vampire. Later, armed with this knowledge and basic farming equipment, the peasants went on a counter offensive against the vampire horde stationed in Tesham Mutna castle, led by their leader Regis. Although Vessemir gets KOed at the gates of the castle by falling rubble, the peasants would still go on to complete the job. The vampires were slaughtered and Regis himself got cut into pieces and scattered. Due to this incident, Regis would swear to never drink blood ever again and in time, becomes the bro that joins Geralt's party pretending to be a barber and medic.
https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Germain_of_Fox_Hollow
Well the peasants took out Regis but that still doesn't explain why the people in Blood and Wine state that even armies would be nothing compared to Dettlaff's might, considering that Blood and Wine takes years after the books and by then all the world would already have been well-equipped for such stuff.

Witcher3 2020 02 13 21 51 19 107
Finally got a proper ingame shot of Ciri. And with heels, she's about...
183.22 cm. And Dandelion is more or less a head taller than her even then.

Lemme explain.

Yep, Ciri can't be less than a flat 183 cm or a strong 183 cm with his boots, that's why Geralt can't be less than a 197 or 198 cm.

Witcher3 2020 02 13 21 53 49 343 addition
Ciri (Green) is about 505px tall. That's 175.26 cm. The yellow line is lined up right at her heels so as to make the height measurement easier.
Her heels (blue) are 22px.

Heel height= 175.26/(505/22)= 7.966364 cm,

175.26+7.966364= 183.226364 cm.

Her head (blue) is 51px.

Head= 175.26/(505/51)= 17.7 cm.

The artwork has the hair of ciri drawn in such a way that the forehead is almost impossible to find. So I used the game models and voilla.

Also note that Djikstra isn't called to be flat-out 7 feet or 213.36 cm tall, but said to be close to it.

Now I just need to get to the point where she and Geralt meet. But I'm pretty sure I remember Geralt to be more or less the same height as Dandelion.

And Geralt w/ or without boots won't make a difference to his height. His boots are as flat as can be.

I checked by lining up against a wall, boots basically don't make any difference to height and doesn't make him appear any smaller or taller TBH. His height basically remains the same.

That's because his boots should be like Converse so about 1.5 cm. If Geralt is around 198 cm, he's 199,5 cm with his boots, at best.

I also removed his boots and checked up against a wall. Still no noticeable height difference.

Regardless, even without boots he'd still prolly be around 198-ish cm in height.

And just so y'all know, you can remove the boots, but Geralt's feet are... weird-looking to say the least.

Letho's feat only looks like he's separating the blocks, not fragmenting them.

He destroyed the whole wall, yeah. Frag because large pieces, he also destroyed the wooden part. Let's see if I can't take something out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back