• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shortly after Geralt arrived in Tokyo Japan through a damned portal, utterly confused at the surroundings and seeming so out of place, confronts someone who also appears to be confused and equally out of place and out of time. But this person, with a gaze of a demon, saw someone who seemingly appeared to be as skillful with the blade as he was and felt in him to be a grizzled and experienced warrior. A chance not to be missed in his eyes. Geralt felt the same and they were ready to draw their blades and there would've been bloodshed had it not been for Tokugawa's intervention. He proposed a met up between the two, to know each other better before they fought in the arena. Geralt seeing he had no other option, accepted the invitation while the infamous and bloody swordsman smiled in delight.

Upon settling in the Tokugawa's house, sitting down for a hot cup of tea, they greeted each other and discussed terms. The White Wolf introduced himself as "Geralt of Rivia" while the grizzled swordsman introduced himself as "Musashi Miyamoto", two names to be remembered. When Geralt asked the old man for what the rules for the underground arena were, Tokugawa replied to the white wolf: "There are no rules in the underground arena. It is a fight to the death" Geralt clearly understood and was intrigued. As he was about to ask another question, Tokugawa instantly replied that both contestants can prepare and use their preferred weaponry to their liking and thus the old man asked the white wolf "Shall you fight the Legendary Swordsman, Musashi Miyamoto in the underground arena?"

Geralt nods and says: "Yeah, sure. I'll fight this legendary swordsman."

Musashi smiles widely "Haha! How wonderful a match!"

MATCH RULES
  • High 8-C Geralt against 8-B Musashi (Geralt upscales from the 6.65 tons of tnt via potions, swords, and items while Musashi upscales from the 15.24 tons of tnt. Roughly a 2.3x difference)
  • Both have a day of preparation
  • Musashi will have his dual wielded Katana's
  • Geralt will have Iris and his extended witcher arsenal
  • Speed will be equalized
  • The fight will be held in the Underground Arena
With the rules set, who shall cut who?

Musashi Miyamoto: 0
Geralt of Rivia: 7 (@noisyPitta, @Stillwinston, @DarkWraths, @Dinamic8000, @XSOULOFCINDERX, @Doggo, @SheevShezarrine)
Incon: 0
xJNXScE.png

Last edited:
I'm familiar with how Geralt fights but know nothing about Musashi. From what I can see he's a stock standard swordsman, does he have any tricks up his sleeve that would help here? This will definitely be a tough fight for Geralt, but unless this guy has something more than just high AP and exceptional swordsmanship, I think Geralt could win. He often goes up against creatures much stronger than him and survives, and his stamina/endurance/survivability is nothing to laugh at.

KLOL MA BOY!!!!

It's literally been ages since we've last talked to each other. I know this isn't exactly the best thread to greet each other due to derailing it but how have you been doing?
Doin great bruh, got back into football yet again and making moves for GoW now.

I'm familiar with how Geralt fights but know nothing about Musashi. From what I can see he's a stock standard swordsman, does he have any tricks up his sleeve that would help here? This will definitely be a tough fight for Geralt, but unless this guy has something more than just high AP and exceptional swordsmanship, I think Geralt could win. He often goes up against creatures much stronger than him and survives, and his stamina/endurance/survivability is nothing to laugh at.
Basically, they're on equal ground when it comes to sword fighting. They're the very best sword wielders of their own verses and have unparalleled skill with their blades.

Musashi's biggest advantage here is and for some reason isn't actually listed in the profile, Analytical Prediction and and somewhat Instinctive Reaction (Something that Geralt also possesses but at a lesser extent). When he gets serious he drops his swords entirely and somehow cuts with his own hands which is even more effective.

Tho, I gotta admit Musashi has a huge drawback as he usually lets opponents get a drop on him nearly 90% of the time, something that Geralt is fully capable of taking advantage of. He also has a weird ability of giving people the fear and pain of getting cut, which works as an intimidation method on weaker opponents and some stronger ones but has also had the drawback of giving him out on where he is going to strike.

I'd highly suggest reading through the respect thread.

Tho, I gotta admit Musashi has a huge drawback as he usually lets opponents get a drop on him nearly 90% of the time, something that Geralt is fully capable of taking advantage of. He also has a weird ability of giving people the fear and pain of getting cut, which works as an intimidation method on weaker opponents and some stronger ones but has also had the drawback of giving him out on where he is going to strike.
How long would he fight like this before taking it more seriously? The way I see it going is that he fights like this and Geralt takes it, while dishing out more damage than he's taken. At that point, Musashi has to get serious. How much does he rely on his "cutting someone with his hands" ability? Regardless of fighting skill and AP, an unarmed fighter going against a fighter with a sword is always going to be at a disadvantage, especially if they are equal speed and relatively equal skill.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if Musashi keeps his swords and fights for real, then its incon, leaning Musashi. If he goes for his cutting with his hands technique, I'd be leaning a bit more to Geralt.

How long would he fight like this before taking it more seriously? The way I see it going is that he fights like this and Geralt takes it, while dishing out more damage than he's taken. At that point, Musashi has to get serious. How much does he rely on his "cutting someone with his hands" ability? Regardless of fighting skill and AP, an unarmed fighter going against a fighter with a sword is always going to be at a disadvantage, especially if they are equal speed and relatively equal skill.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if Musashi keeps his swords and fights for real, then its incon, leaning Musashi. If he goes for his cutting with his hands technique, I'd be leaning a bit more to Geralt.
After rereading through the Musashi arc there's an advantage that Geralt has over Musashi and that is the possession of armor, Witcher Armor. Musashi is all over the place when It comes on how effectively and consistently he cuts through objects, at one moment he might slice a steel sword in half and in the other he has trouble to get through Kevlar clothes embedded with ceramic armor underneath.

Although, possibly the best example of how effectively he can cut is when he cut a man through his helmet. Note here is that he also said earlier in the chapter that he can't bifurcate it, meaning slice it into two pieces but still simply slice it while giving some effort. This means that Musashi can't exactly cut through Geralt's armor without some effort, Geralt on the other hand can counter-attack and slice Musashi due to him possessing no armor whatsoever.

Also a point to be made is that Musashi within the Baki the Grappler is a glass cannon. Not to say he isn't durable, far from it. He still is one of the more durable fighters and can take a lot of blunt trauma, but he's shown consistently that he can get sliced by even glass shards and get seriously injured by a broken glass bottle. He isn't nearly as durable as Pickle or Hanayama who are essentially bulletproof (Both of which gave Musashi a hard time to slice through) he's barely as durable some of the recurring baki characters.

His fighting with the blades also appears to be inconsistent, but boils down to how seriously he takes his opponents. He'll use blades if he finds his opponents as a foe but not a threat. If he sees them as a threat he seemingly drops his swords and goes full primal like he did with Yujiro and Baki.

Last edited:
After rereading through the Musashi arc there's an advantage that Geralt has over Musashi and that is the possession of armor, Witcher Armor. Musashi is all over the place when It comes on how effectively and consistently he cuts through objects, at one moment he might slice a steel sword in half and in the other he has trouble to get through Kevlar clothes embedded with ceramic armor underneath.

Although, possibly the best example of how effectively he can cut is when he cut a man through his helmet. Note here is that he also said earlier in the chapter that he can't bifurcate it, meaning slice it into two pieces but still simply slice it while giving some effort. This means that Musashi can't exactly cut through Geralt's armor without some effort, Geralt on the other hand can counter-attack and slice Musashi due to him possessing no armor whatsoever.
With that armour advantage, I feel confident in handing this win to Geralt, though still at very high difficulty.

Counted.

I like to add that Musashi is genuinely a masterful swordsman and not one of the generic shounen sword master wannabes that get their "swordmaster" status through statements alone while literally barely doing the basics of Kendo.

Like his fight with Pickle saw him be at a massive power disadvantage and his blade had trouble penetrating the near impenetrable muscles of the caveman, so he relied on his skills and strictly focused on slicing the weakest parts of his body. Itagaki writes characters who genuinely show that they are skilled and experienced in combat prowess which is why I goddamn adore Baki Grappler as a series. (minus the whole pissing part)

JWgA9XD.png

So I guess we're just ignoring that Musashi has precog, thought based pain manipulation that can bend Baki in two and a skill scaling chain that makes Geralt look like a first timer?

the way the fight goes realistically is: Musashi uses the 0.5s, mind-slashes, gg, Geralt is out, since I highly doubt that he has the pain resistance to tank something that knocked out Baki, the dude who can literally pull his own nails out without even cringing or fight Yujiro while having all his bones broken. I genuinely don't see a scenario where Geralt wins outside of Musashi letting him hit him, because he sure as hell won't be able to lay a hand on musashi unless he wants him to.

the way the fight goes realistically is: Musashi uses the 0.5s, mind-slashes, gg, Geralt is out, since I highly doubt that he has the pain resistance to tank something that knocked out Baki, the dude who can literally pull his own nails out without even cringing or fight Yujiro while having all his bones broken. I genuinely don't see a scenario where Geralt wins outside of Musashi letting him hit him, because he sure as hell won't be able to lay a hand on musashi unless he wants him to.
Geralt has insanely high pain tolerance. The mind slashes would definitely throw him off for a bit but it is by no means a wincon.

Geralt has insanely high pain tolerance. The mind slashes would definitely throw him off for a bit but it is by no means a wincon.
no yeah I don't think it comes even close to Baki's, and Baki looked like this after a single slash and was knocked out, as I said, baki can casually pull out his own nails, doesn't even whince at having his arm exploded from the inside out (as a literal kid, mind you, he's like 13 in these scans), can fight Yujiro while having all these injuries and not giving a single sign of pain, literally laughs off the pain of having one of his nerves cut with a fingernail and considers himself immune to pain, i'd be genuinely surprised if Geralt has any pain resistance feat that's even remotely comparable to these.

Last edited:
no yeah I don't think it comes even close to Baki's, and Baki looked like this after a single slash and was knocked out, as I said, baki can casually pull out his own nails, doesn't even whince at having his arm exploded from the inside out (as a literal kid, mind you, he's like 13 in these scans), can fight Yujiro while having all these injuries and not giving a single sign of pain, literally laughs off the pain of having one of his nerves cut with a fingernail and considers himself immune to pain, i'd be genuinely surprised if Geralt has any pain resistance feat that's even remotely comparable to these.

Not to sound like I am favoring a side but the last sentence really ticks me off as really wrong even while being a huge Baki fan.
OVubrur.png

These are just some of the visible scars Geralt has endured, some have completely worn off like the massive hole in his neck or his chest. This is due to Witchers unique physiology which makes most injuries they sustain heal off before they can leave a visible scar unless it's a nasty blow.

But that's not even impressive, Geralt like Baki has experienced these things and more and it doesn't phase them one bit. The more grizzly stuff that not anyone in baki really compares to is how Witchers basically mutilate their bodies to become... Well Witchers.

To start off lightly, Geralt literally drinks a potion that turns his enite blood stream into acidic poison so foul that it physically melts vampires and necrophages due to it's potency. To Geralt, it is a mild headache which goes away instantly.

Then there's the case of Kiyan, a witcher who was experimented for his witcher physiology and to quote the laboratory notebook "The subject has been tortured, poisoned, burnt, frozen, starved and dehydrated, and despite it all his body continues to function" we didn't know how far this torturing has gone off for but after encountering him in person, he turns out to be a walking living corpse. He was skinned alive and tortured for months until he succumbed and went mad.

SGpl7VC.png

The real ****** up shit that every witcher must endure is the Trial of the Grasses.

For what we've seen and is stated, the trial of the grasses subjects young candidates (7-12 years old) to one of the most painful and fatal trials a witcher must ever endure through. It is a combination of highly toxic chemicals called the grasses which upon the consumption/injection effects their nervous system and literally starts melting their insides into mush. What's even more ****** up the candidate despite being calmed before through drugs can still go mad from the pain of having his organs and body structure be literally liquefied from the inside. Although this process they are given mutagens which enhances their bodies and allows them to become witchers and as soon the trial ends, if it is successful, the witcher won't feel any pain. Potions only enhance their normal resistance to pain to the point where they become numb to physical feeling at all.

I definitely do not think Baki really compares to these when we discuss how much pain they can endure even if we bring Shinogi's nerve cutter, Yanagi's arm whips, or the Yujiro's ass whopping, etc.

Tho, Musashi's imaginary swords are kinda... weird? It's never properly established if they're superior or inferior to his actual swords. His imaginary swords cause pain to basically everyone (aside from Yujiro) but they don't exactly do any actual damage (most of the time) while his actual swords nearly killed off the entirety of the baki's cast but don't cause as much pain as the imaginary swords do, they barely phase most of the cast when it comes to pain come to think of it.

afaik the imaginary slashes inflicts the same amount of pain as if you were taking a normal sword slash. Is there anything to support the idea that an imaginary decapitation is any more painful than if you were actually decapitated? Because Geralt tanks a lot of slashing damage, and after the first couple of times of being imaginary cut and not taking any real damae from it, he would get used to it and be able to fight through it.

Characters in the baki cast have actually gotten cut by Musashi’s real blades but they’ve not been as physically effected as they are mentally by imaginary swords.

Baki was lightly cut in the abdomen and literally wasn’t even phased while Hanayama the absolute badass he is took several slashes without a flinch and one directly to his eye. Motobe seems the only one who apparently takes the physical attacks on the same pedestal as the imaginary ones.

However, one thing I remembered from the son and the father arc is the fact that a kick to the balls very much KO’s most of the verse, even Yujiro is not an exception to this.

I don't see Musashi's illusory sword strikes doing much to Geralt, but his actual slashes could do the trick provided Musashi is able to sever the fastenings on Geralt's armor. If Musashi uses 0.5 second unconscious, then he could get the openings needed to do so. But that's more of an if scenario than a when. And Geralt, while maybe not one-shotting Musashi, could definitely put him down in short order if openings permit. All in all, I'm voting incon for now

Not to sound like I am favoring a side but the last sentence really ticks me off as really wrong even while being a huge Baki fan.
OVubrur.png

These are just some of the visible scars Geralt has endured, some have completely worn off like the massive hole in his neck or his chest. This is due to Witchers unique physiology which makes most injuries they sustain heal off before they can leave a visible scar unless it's a nasty blow.

But that's not even impressive, Geralt like Baki has experienced these things and more and it doesn't phase them one bit. The more grizzly stuff that not anyone in baki really compares to is how Witchers basically mutilate their bodies to become... Well Witchers.

To start off lightly, Geralt literally drinks a potion that turns his enite blood stream into acidic poison so foul that it physically melts vampires and necrophages due to it's potency. To Geralt, it is a mild headache which goes away instantly.

Then there's the case of Kiyan, a witcher who was experimented for his witcher physiology and to quote the laboratory notebook "The subject has been tortured, poisoned, burnt, frozen, starved and dehydrated, and despite it all his body continues to function" we didn't know how far this torturing has gone off for but after encountering him in person, he turns out to be a walking living corpse. He was skinned alive and tortured for months until he succumbed and went mad.

SGpl7VC.png

The real ****** up shit that every witcher must endure is the Trial of the Grasses.

For what we've seen and is stated, the trial of the grasses subjects young candidates (7-12 years old) to one of the most painful and fatal trials a witcher must ever endure through. It is a combination of highly toxic chemicals called the grasses which upon the consumption/injection effects their nervous system and literally starts melting their insides into mush. What's even more ****** up the candidate despite being calmed before through drugs can still go mad from the pain of having his organs and body structure be literally liquefied from the inside. Although this process they are given mutagens which enhances their bodies and allows them to become witchers and as soon the trial ends, if it is successful, the witcher won't feel any pain. Potions only enhance their normal resistance to pain to the point where they become numb to physical feeling at all.

I definitely do not think Baki really compares to these when we discuss how much pain they can endure even if we bring Shinogi's nerve cutter, Yanagi's arm whips, or the Yujiro's ass whopping, etc.

Tho, Musashi's imaginary swords are kinda... weird? It's never properly established if they're superior or inferior to his actual swords. His imaginary swords cause pain to basically everyone (aside from Yujiro) but they don't exactly do any actual damage (most of the time) while his actual swords nearly killed off the entirety of the baki's cast but don't cause as much pain as the imaginary swords do, they barely phase most of the cast when it comes to pain come to think of it.
You're confusing "surviving pain" with "enduring pain", all of this stuff (outside of the acid thing, which, I mean, if his body is designed to resist the acid [as it obviously is, otherwise he would have turned into a puddle of gore], is it even quantifiable at all? ) is them merely surving pain, I really, highly doubt a witcher could fight properly or even be coherent during the processes of the trail of the herbs, same with the dude who got tortured, (you yourself said that he basically went mad and was merely still alive), on the other hand, this is how Baki looks while having all his bones broken, brain hemorrhages and bleeding from most of his organs, and he can fight as if nothing happened, it's not just about what he suffers, but how, the fact that it doesn't even make him whince, he doesn't even change expression, it doesn't make him slow down, doesn't even make him stop for a second; ever since he was a child Baki has had the capability of freely controlling his endorphines, which even IRL literally just shut down your pain receptors and in-verse they turn pain into pleasure and can keep dead people alive for a period of time, and this is how he looked after getting slashed once by a Musashi who wasn't even trying to kill him or hurt him too bad (Musashi can freely control how much his real sword cuts, which should obviously also apply to his imaginary swords since we've seen him cut normal humans without them suffering anything worse than sweats).

You're confusing "surviving pain" with "enduring pain", all of this stuff (outside of the acid thing, which, I mean, if his body is designed to resist the acid [as it obviously is, otherwise he would have turned into a puddle of gore], is it even quantifiable at all? ) is them merely surving pain, I really, highly doubt a witcher could fight properly or even be coherent during the processes of the trail of the herbs, same with the dude who got tortured, (you yourself said that he basically went mad and was merely still alive), on the other hand, this is how Baki looks while having all his bones broken, brain hemorrhages and bleeding from most of his organs, and he can fight as if nothing happened, it's not just about what he suffers, but how, the fact that it doesn't even make him whince, he doesn't even change expression, it doesn't make him slow down, doesn't even make him stop for a second; ever since he was a child Baki has had the capability of freely controlling his endorphines, which even IRL literally just shut down your pain receptors and in-verse they turn pain into pleasure and can keep dead people alive for a period of time, and this is how he looked after getting slashed once by a Musashi who wasn't even trying to kill him or hurt him too bad (Musashi can freely control how much his real sword cuts, which should obviously also apply to his imaginary swords since we've seen him cut normal humans without them suffering anything worse than sweats).
I am not sure why you got so deep into the whole pain endurance/resistance on Baki when I simply replied that witchers are as easily capable of enduring abnormal amounts of pain as the baki's gang are.

To not repeat what I've said, Witchers even normally have abnormal pain resistance as Geralt despite having a gaping hole in his chest simply ignored it and managed to counter-attack. It is even noted by Roche that witchers in general have high pain resistance after Geralt was jailed and beaten. If they properly go into combat, witchers either drink a potion or go in a trance like state where they hypnotize themselves and have no sense of pain whatsoever. After fights Witchers are totally unaware of the damage they've taken while in combat, Geralt even had a injury so severe in his neck that it was so cut up badly his insides could be seen.

And to properly asses the previous points, the acidic blood and potions in general give witchers high amounts of toxicity which in fact drains their vitality but don't really get bothered by the pain they experience. Kiyan went mad due to a multitude of reasons. He was tortured, starved, dehydrated, etc. for months before he succumbed and even after that he can still get up and fight toe-to-toe against Geralt. Trial of the Grasses more so plays to the fact what happens to the candidate afterwards as the process itself takes a total of seven days to complete, in each of these candidates experiences never ending pain as they are being melted from the inside. Once the trial completes the new witcher literally forgets the pain he experienced from said trial which speaks for the pain resistance that they have.

I also don't understand why you bring up Baki when we have Hanayama and Motobe as prime examples of what happens to people who Musashi cuts. (I mean, Musashi actually properly fought these two unlike baki who only half-assess it)

Hanayama was being butchered by Musashi and he had full intents of finishing him off, thing is that it barely phased Hanayama one bit even when Musashi tries to use his imaginary swords it is stopped when his real blades aren't capable of cutting through his hand. Then there's Motobe who actually got seriously cut by Musashi but he still manages to fight him until he managed to choke him.

And to top it off, Baki isn't completely inprevious to pain. Sure he gets more and more resilient in each fight but he still goes out screaming when Musashi kicks him in the balls, Yujiro isn't immune to this technique either.

Back