• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The famed witcher, Geralt of Rivia, up and stumbles into the cursed and horrific world of
0l0w31J.png
and he has a one off encounter with the young devil slayer and hero Denji, The Chainsaw Man.

Who will be victorious on this unfortunate encounter between two misunderstood and scarred individuals?
  • Their High 8-C keys are in use. (Euphoria mutation Geralt and Chainsaw Man Denji, meaning 6.6687376076 tons of TNT for Geralt and 7.45281559395 tons of TNT for Denji respectively)
  • Speed is Equalized (Supersonic+ vs Massively Hypersonic+)
  • Geralt has his standard equipment of bombs, potions, oils, etc. with the set bonus of having Aerondight in his inventory. (Makes sense since this is the B&W key)
  • Denji also has his standard equipment of the trigger pin which can go bzzt bzzt into the chainsaw man.

Geralt of Rivia, The Butcher of Blaviken: 0
Denji the Chainsaw Man: 7 (GRACE)
How about a round of Gwent?: 2

Last edited:
I have very little knowledge of the witcher so let me ask

Does Geralt have any counters to Denji's regeneration?
By making him lose a lot of blood?

Denji while has a damn impressive regenerative capability, it is hindered by the fact there's a certain threshold where he cannot regenerate if he losses a lot of blood. He still needs blood to properly regenerate and this shown to be the case in chapter 126. As is the best option for Geralt is either to fire him up with igni (not sure how effective it actually is on Denji) or just slash him with his swords (which is risky for Geralt due to his unpredictability).

By making him lose a lot of blood?

Denji while has a damn impressive regenerative capability, it is hindered by the fact there's a certain threshold where he cannot regenerate if he losses a lot of blood. He still needs blood to properly regenerate and this shown to be the case in chapter 126. As is the best option for Geralt is either to fire him up with igni (not sure how effective it actually is on Denji) or just slash him with his swords (which is risky for Geralt due to his unpredictability).
Denji literally just eats whoever he fights so that's not a valid reason

Yes he can run out but that occurs when an enemy is vastly stronger than him and forces him to use up his blood supply IE the case in that panel

So I ask again what can Geralt do against his regeneration?

Denji literally just eats whoever he fights so that's not a valid reason

Yes he can run out but that occurs when an enemy is vastly stronger than him and forces him to use up his blood supply IE the case in that panel

So I ask again what can Geralt do against his regeneration?
Man, I am the OP so it seems counter-intuitive to bring up arguments but because I am fan of both verses I'll bite in.

You already stated one counter to Denji's regeneration and that was eating his opponent. Now I don't mean Denji isn't getting blood from eating his average opponent but this particular opponent, the Geralt of Rivia, has a potion that's excursively against that: Black Blood.

It is specifically brewed against monsters and other supernatural entities that drink and consume human flesh, it turns the blood of witchers into poison. And no this isn't like a devil tasting another devils blood, we have seen higher vampires who also have regenerative capabilities drink black blood and be severely crippled and depowered.

Man, I am the OP so it seems counter-intuitive to bring up arguments but because I am fan of both verses I'll bite in.
I ask cause I'm not well versed in the witcher
You already stated one counter to Denji's regeneration and that was eating his opponent. Now I don't mean Denji isn't getting blood from eating his average opponent but this particular opponent, the Geralt of Rivia, has a potion that's excursively against that: Black Blood.

It is specifically brewed against monsters and other supernatural entities that drink and consume human flesh, it turns the blood of witchers into poison. And no this isn't like a devil tasting another devils blood, we have seen higher vampires who also have regenerative capabilities drink black blood and be severely crippled and depowered.

That is a very valid counter

However as this is with no prior knowledge Geralt would have no reason to know to drink the potion beforehand until Denji actually showcases his regeneration

So what I see him doing is keeping distance between him and Denji since he has good senses and could probably sense Denji has some sort of supernatural powers

However, seeing as his ranged options are finite I see him running out before he puts Denji down for good

Denji then takes it close range where once again he is outmatched by Geralt's sword skills

HOWEVER Denji has Immortality type 3 which would allow him to tank Geralt's strikes for a time and land some strikes of his own which are far more effective towards him

Denji also drinks blood and showcases his healing abilities for the first time

Here is where it can go either way

Denji could use his far superior LS to just overpower Geralt altogether and just inflict enough damage to kill Geralt

Or

Geralt could blast Denji Away with Aard and apply black blood to neutralize Denji's advantage

Both of these are valid ways for either to win however is see it is far more likely that the first happens than the second

Even if the second happens as well Geralt has to now deal with the injures he has sustained while Denji just heals and goes back on the offensive

Geralt may now hurt Denji with his blood but It doesn't really matter if he can't put up enough of a fight in order to force Denji to resort to that in the first place

Denji also can heal multiple times on a single serving of blood

All in all I see Denji taking this more times then not

My vote goes to Denji

I ask cause I'm not well versed in the witcher

That is a very valid counter

However as this is with no prior knowledge Geralt would have no reason to know to drink the potion beforehand until Denji actually showcases his regeneration

So what I see him doing is keeping distance between him and Denji since he has good senses and could probably sense Denji has some sort of supernatural powers

However, seeing as his ranged options are finite I see him running out before he puts Denji down for good

Denji then takes it close range where once again he is outmatched by Geralt's sword skills

HOWEVER Denji has Immortality type 3 which would allow him to tank Geralt's strikes for a time and land some strikes of his own which are far more effective towards him

Denji also drinks blood and showcases his healing abilities for the first time

Here is where it can go either way

Denji could use his far superior LS to just overpower Geralt altogether and just inflict enough damage to kill Geralt

Or

Geralt could blast Denji Away with Aard and apply black blood to neutralize Denji's advantage

Both of these are valid ways for either to win however is see it is far more likely that the first happens than the second

Even if the second happens as well Geralt has to now deal with the injures he has sustained while Denji just heals and goes back on the offensive

Geralt may now hurt Denji with his blood but It doesn't really matter if he can't put up enough of a fight in order to force Denji to resort to that in the first place

Denji also can heal multiple times on a single serving of blood

All in all I see Denji taking this more times then not

My vote goes to Denji
I think I'm actually at fault for not specifying this because I had forgotten Geralt had two modes for his High 8-C key one being Euphoria (6.6687376076 tons of tnt) and Bloodbath (6.864876949 tons of tnt). Geralt normally is actually 8-C+ bordering High 8-C, with only these two does he becomes a proper High 8-C. I'll edit it to make it into the Euphoria key.

The reason I mention this is because these two activate very differently. Bloodbath increases over time with each blow but also loses it's power upon taking damage meanwhile Euphoria activates upon Geralt poisoning himself with potions. Black Blood is one of Geralt's standard potions due to abundance of necrophages in general and in Toussaint, the abundance of vampires.

But otherwise I agree with your argument that Geralt really doesn't have any idea of how Denji fights or works until they go ham on each other. Denji has a regeneration capability which isn't hindered as long as he tries to not consume Geralt and his lifting strength is 4 times better than Geralts absolute best (Which isn't really a problem for Geralt as he's fought stronger).

I've also forgotten to mention that Geralt can freeze Denji with Piercing cold and Northern Winds. Piercing Cold is upgraded Aard that can freeze opponents solid and Northern Wind is a bomb that has similar effect but only has a set quantity of them.

As I see it, this fight boils down on how fast they put down each other. The longer fight drags the more Geralt will understand and predict Denji, he's basically Kishibe on that front in both experience and fighting capability. Actually now thinking about it, Geralt is basically a roided up and mutated Kishibe that casts spells and has dry humor. While Denji by being more aggressive and less hungry can overpower Geralt and deal enough damage that it becomes harder for Geralt to recover.

But because Geralt has a bigger and more versatile equipment and abilities even with his standard set, it appears the former seems to be the most likely scenario of happening with either scenario's being High-Diff victories.

I think I'm actually at fault for not specifying this because I had forgotten Geralt had two modes for his High 8-C key one being Euphoria (6.6687376076 tons of tnt) and Bloodbath (6.864876949 tons of tnt). Geralt normally is actually 8-C+ bordering High 8-C, with only these two does he becomes a proper High 8-C. I'll edit it to make it into the Euphoria key.

The reason I mention this is because these two activate very differently. Bloodbath increases over time with each blow but also loses it's power upon taking damage meanwhile Euphoria activates upon Geralt poisoning himself with potions. Black Blood is one of Geralt's standard potions due to abundance of necrophages in general and in Toussaint, the abundance of vampires.

But otherwise I agree with your argument that Geralt really doesn't have any idea of how Denji fights or works until they go ham on each other. Denji has a regeneration capability which isn't hindered as long as he tries to not consume Geralt and his lifting strength is 4 times better than Geralts absolute best (Which isn't really a problem for Geralt as he's fought stronger).

I've also forgotten to mention that Geralt can freeze Denji with Piercing cold and Northern Winds. Piercing Cold is upgraded Aard that can freeze opponents solid and Northern Wind is a bomb that has similar effect but only has a set quantity of them.

As I see it, this fight boils down on how fast they put down each other. The longer fight drags the more Geralt will understand and predict Denji, he's basically Kishibe on that front in both experience and fighting capability. Actually now thinking about it, Geralt is basically a roided up and mutated Kishibe that casts spells and has dry humor. While Denji by being more aggressive and less hungry can overpower Geralt and deal enough damage that it becomes harder for Geralt to recover.

But because Geralt has a bigger and more versatile equipment and abilities even with his standard set, it appears the former seems to be the most likely scenario of happening with either scenario's being High-Diff victories.
All of this is very valid

Especially now that I know in this form Black Blood is active by default in this state

However I still believe Denji has a higher chance of taking this

Geralt's only real wincon here is wearing Denji down from afar since Denji basically ignores damage when he fights close range

And like before a chainsaw to any part of Geralts body is gonna be a serious problem for him, the same can't be said for Denji

Geralts spells would come in handy to even the playing field but they can only do so much to slow Denji down

Denji by default can heal at least once without using any blood from his enemies (This was shown in the bat devil fight)

So if Geralt does wear him down from afar he can just regenerate and go in close after he's used up his ranged weaponry

If Denji does drink Geralt's blood it would be debilitating yes but I have reason to believe Denji could power through it

And last of all even if Geralt does outrange him for a long time Denji has his own ranged attacks in the form of his Chains which can reach tens of meters which is farther than most Geralts spells

And if Geralt gets caught it's pretty much game over with the LS advantage

All in all both have valid wincons

But Denji has the significantly easier to accomplish Wincons like LS crush, just dealing lethal damage with his chainsaws, grabbing with his chain, and being able to ignore lethal damage with his type 3 Immortality to just go apeshit on him

2 of those things Geralt has no good counter to

While Gerlat's wincon's relies far more on strategy by outranging and wearing down Denji to where it forces him to get close and try and drink Geralt's blood (Which still is risky for Geralt), and incapacitating him through use of spells (Which Denji does have a counter for)

I'm gonna go with Denji

The scene in case anyone wants to see it

Edit: extra examples because why not

It's funny how this wasn't even the main highlight of the chapter, not even the second or third even. Denji being an extra pervert and wanting Asa's ass and the fakesaw man actually appearing properly and ripping falling devils guts out.

However, remaining on the threads topic, this indeed gives Denji more advantage going toe-to-toe with Geralt because this chapter solidifies that Denji has a damn broken type 3 regeneration capability and counter-attack while getting bloodied while Geralt can only do so if he activates the first mode of Quen which does break after a few hits so Geralt has a higher risk with a lesser reward.

It's funny how this wasn't even the main highlight of the chapter, not even the second or third even. Denji being an extra pervert and wanting Asa's ass and the fakesaw man actually appearing properly and ripping falling devils guts out.

However, remaining on the threads topic, this indeed gives Denji more advantage going toe-to-toe with Geralt because this chapter solidifies that Denji has a damn broken type 3 regeneration capability and counter-attack while getting bloodied while Geralt can only do so if he activates the first mode of Quen which does break after a few hits so Geralt has a higher risk with a lesser reward.
Half the chapter was just Denji being horny

So I've been wondering, is the host actually allowed to vote in? Saw a thread which implies that it is allowed for the OP to vote.

Asking this because I wanna grace this match.

Iirc there's nothing against it rulewise. It' just badly seen most of the time since it makes it look like OP is biased towards one of the characters.

Back