• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to do that because Netflix blew up popularity of the universe, discuss anything Witcher related, books, games, Gwent et cetera

Perhaps we should discuss a concrete durability rating for Quen? It's currently listed as only "higher", when it used to have a concrete durability rating of "Small City level". Not saying definitely go back to that, but we should probably discuss it here, since idk if it's quite large enough to get a CRT all to itself, should slot into a discussion thread just fine tho

SpookyShadow said:
Tfw when people only make Geralt matches and forget about other sick characters ;_;
Rakudai matches are Ikki 80% of the time, the other 20% shared between Stella and Edel. So I get you.

For real, but in Rakudai's case people like to see shitfest.

Geralt is by far the second most interesting Witcher character in VS Debating imo so it's justified but meh, something new would be welcome

I wonder if there should be profiles for monsters like Djinn, Bane, Kraken, Golden Dragon, Goliath etc.

Well, there are also the gods and folklore guys like Hemdall but too little is known about them. I remember him being really OP as he could solo entire armies of demons and other monsters and stop the Skellige Ragnarok

Guys i think i might have a huge upgrade to sorcerers

now anyone remembers the mission "echoes of the past"

In that mission yennefer states that the explosion made by the Avallac'h was so powerful it destroyed the entire forest

And good news, we know how much of the forst they destroyed because it's visible in the map

and i actually went on and got a number out of it

From start point to the end is exactly 242 feet long

i can't do the math right now but if anyone is willing to make it would be great help

ThaTSayMarine said:

In that mission yennefer states that the explosion made by the Avallac'h was so powerful it destroyed the entire forest

And good news, we know how much of the forst they destroyed because it's visible in the map

i can't do the math right now but if anyone is willing to make it would be great help
You can try to ask to calc request thread.

Nevermind i did the calculations myself

The Diameter as i said was 242 feet

the Circumference is about 760 feet

The Total Land Area effected is 0.00427317 Sqaure Kilometers

For a any type of explosion to cover that amount of area it needs to have a blast force of 100+ tons which would place any powerful mage and sorcerer in 8-A Range of power

but i've seen online that witcher 3 exact Distance to quest marker isn't based on feet

and they figured it was 0.9 meters which would mean now the Area effected by the blast is 0.02253807 sqaure kilometers which would make it a 300+ ton blast radious which is 8-A+

tho i am certain i got some things wrong

ThaTSayMarine said:
Nevermind i did the calculations myself

The Diameter as i said was 242 feet

the Circumference is about 760 feet

The Total Land Area effected is 0.00427317 Sqaure Kilometers

For a any type of explosion to cover that amount of area it needs to have a blast force of 100+ tons which would place any powerful mage and sorcerer in 8-A Range of power

but i've seen online that witcher 3 exact Distance to quest marker isn't based on feet

and they figured it was 0.9 meters which would mean now the Area effected by the blast is 0.02253807 sqaure kilometers which would make it a 300+ ton blast radious which is 8-A+

tho i am certain i got some things wrong
Do a blog and see if the calc is accepted. Geralt should probably scale to 8-A+ too.

As soon as i actually find a proper equation that calculates the power of a explosion by it's radius because what i essentially did was scale to similar explosions which while gave some good results they're not completely accurate

Well i wouldn't say they scale to geralt because that literally one shotted everything in sight

ThaTSayMarine said:

Nice catch, though I'm not sure if it would apply to sorcerers as a whole. Aen Saevherne seem to be treated separately from common sorcerers.

Speaking of sorcerers, can someone share the digital copy of Lady of the Lake with me? I think I found something very cool, but working solely on audiobook is a pain in the ass.

If we finally make Vilgefortz scale to also games then yeah :p Though he would scale a lot above that. Vilgefortz is far more powerful than Yen.

Vilgefortz is still mentioned in Blood and Wine to have splattered Regis, who is 9-A. That feat is key to the plot of the expansion, otherwise Regis wouldn't have the kind of bond he does with Detlaff.

Geralt haxstomps Kiryu doe, with or without equipment even with speed equalized

It definitely wasn't an outlier, the calc was wrong or something.

There are countless lightning feats in Witcher so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back