• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki First Holy Grail War (Season 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[@Owari and we've seen Shiki, both Ryougi and Tohno, can't instantly win against opponent with similiar speed range and/or number advantage (i have both the number and the similiar speed). And i can just deflect your blade by simply hitting it from the side and it won't have any effect on me since nothing were cut. NBK is only an anti-army in a way that's possible for NBK to be used that way, used with only a few numbers, its Prana upkeep isn't that high. And i really don't have to worry about Prana upkeep considering Servant like Iskander can use IH with a master like Waver, Zerosassin can use his max number of 80 with a master like Kirei, and Shirou with a battery from Rin manage to hold UBW up for a good few minutes, that's a freaking RM hes using. Its actually your NP that arguably cost the most Prana here since its just basically a wish granting grail which is a greater form of Magecraft even better than a general RM]

[>Being lancer is suffering

.-. how did you know my life is hell lmao (then again i'm in hell's kitchen)]

The fight between Saber has gone for several minutes already. I tried blocking one of her slashes to see if there's something special about her weapon or ability. And i got my right arm cut off for that, and suddenly that armless body also dissapear. Well at least now i know what's with her sword. I don't really plan to increase my number since that'll blow my cover up. And then there's this guy whose apparently Saber's ally, he pointed his hand here, and then there's a lightning bolt. That guy must be a Caster or something. Either way, im lucky even though i fighting a losing fight.

That seemingly Caster can also fly it seems. Now its a 2 vs 1 fight. But my other me has disappear. So i decided to put up an act.

Fab 1 : Looks like things have turned badly for me. If it come down to this

I put my hand on my chest and act like i wrote something. I activated my 2nd NP and i also canceled my other body which was negotiating with Avenger, dude must be surprised, not like i care anyway.

Fab 1 : let's see how you guys will fare against my master's secret weapon ! Me, the enhanced familiar based on Assassin !

Let's see if i can take 1 Servant down with me. In any case, i should also share the information i just got with Rider and Saver

[I think that if Saber cut off your arm, she'd manage to hit a line of death and insta-kill that body]

[And what was the bit about writing something?]

[Maybe make it so you (as an assassin, skilled in the knowledge of death) recognise her eyes, and when she is about to cut your arm you cut it off yourself to null the lines of death on it?]

[BTW, this is what the lines of death look like. They aren't quite so prevalent as to be able to kill you if you are hit anywhere, but there are definitely there.
LoD
What the lines of death look like

[I just let off a large pink glow of energy and magic from the top of 432 Park Avenue (on the corner between Midtown East, Lenox Hill and Hell's Kitchen) so that should be easily sensed by any servant]

I will be spending the next 5 - 6 hours wandering through Central Park and then wandering through Upper West Side looking for an appropriate tunnel underground. Once I've found one, I will be activating all 9 chapters of my manuscript, allowing me to gain the NP and Skills I want, all but garaunteeing my survival in this war.

[See here for what that will let me do]

[See the 9th chapter here to guess what abilities I'm getting ]

[So if anyone wants to kill ruler, this is about your only (and seeing as I no longer have God-Hand, best) chance to kill me]

[Remember you don't need to kill me to win, and I just need to survive, so its fine if you don't. This is just for anyone feeling murderous, or who want the crystalized mana of my command seals, or who want to be able to fight during the day without getting a bounty]

[I'll take that offer thank you (though murder or not meh idk yet just wanna meet ATM)]

"Oh right i forgot something i wanna check in Central Park" *Manages to reach Central Park and sees a peculiar person there deciding to call him out* "Yo"

[Are we supposed to be voting on the fight outcome? Has it been established what From Hell stats in a populated New York area are? Or how strong the clones are compared to the original?]

Monarch Laciel said:
[Maybe make it so you (as an assassin, skilled in the knowledge of death) recognise her eyes, and when she is about to cut your arm you cut it off yourself to null the lines of death on it?]
[I won't know anything about her eyes. Only that i won't let any her sword to hit me in general. And now i know that her sword can kill with a single cut although i don't exactly know why, so that's useful information for me. And i already know about that thing about death line]

Fabtastic Glasses said:
[Its actually your NP that arguably cost the most Prana here since its just basically a wish granting grail which is a greater form of Magecraft even better than a general RM]
[You're overesmating me a little. Song of Grail will grant a temporary wish, not permantly wish. It has lower range than IH (about half, i'm talking about true area of effect, not that magical energy i release in the story) and can be used up to maximum of 20 people at a time. So, basically, your NBK is its best counter.]

[Not to mention, Monarch forbid me from using my wish. I can only use Irisviel's wish (which is the variation of the SoG). And in rank, it's still a B rank Magecraft, lower than Rin's Jeweled Zelretch Blade rank (A++) and we've seen how Rin used that Blade and can still continue fighting.]

[Anyway, i don't quite understand about this part: "I put my hand on my other me's back and act like i wrote something. I activated my 2nd NP and i also canceled my other body which was negotiating with Avenger, dude must be surprised, not like i care anyway.", you're activating From Hell, right?]

[I and Ramesses have both voted for Saber (and by extension archer) winning their figh with Assassin's two bodies, but if he activates From Hell that might change, considering you are in a very populated area. And the same time though, it is day, And you are in a very populated area, so if you turn into a giant demon, there will be bounties added to your head]

As I make my way through Central Park I sense a servant approaching. I ready TTBB, just in case I need to run. The servant approaches trough the trees, carrying a red spear (I suspect it is either Gae Bolg or Gae [whatever zero lancer's red spear was]). My True Name Discernment activates. Name, Redgrave. Class, Lancer. Skills, battle continuation (if we fight I'll need to put him down permanently, otherwise he'll keep coming) and Magic resist. Stats: Strength B, Agility A+, Endurance B, Magic B, Luck D, NP B+ (EX! - he must have a powerful weapon besides that spear).

I stand ready, and wait for his response.

Monarch Laciel said:
[I and Ramesses have both voted for Saber (and by extension archer) winning their figh with Assassin's two bodies, but if he activates From Hell that might change, considering you are in a very populated area. And the same time though, it is day, And you are in a very populated area, so if you turn into a giant demon, there will be bounties added to your head]
[I don't think he'll fear having a bounty on his head when almost half of the Servants on his side, though. So, how will that bounty work?]

[ I use my command seals to telepathically tell every master and servant (except assassin and his master) that Assassin now has a bounty on his head and whoever kills him gets a ++ multiplier (X3) to one stat of their choice (this time's reward. It might be different next bounty)]

"I just wonder what class are you. You seem to be that non-fighter but extremely dangerous if left alone kind. So what class are you" *Starts to silently charge Ea in case of a fight with it behind his back*

[You're underselling wish granting too much. Its still something thats generally greater than a RM even if its not your wish or its only temporary. And using Jewel Sword is bad for comparison. And there's also a B ranked NP that have the same, if not cheaper, than a generally low ranked NP. So the reasoning for the cheap Prana cost of your NP because its a Ranked B Magecraft is moot considering wish granting is still wish granting and its still a relatively something higher in the ladder of Magecraft all things considered]

[My demon form is relatively small. Only slightly bigger than average normal human. And what's good at adding a bounty to someone that's gonna die anyway. My initial plan is to try to bring 1 Servant down with me using From Hell amp because i know that body will die anyway]

Monarch Laciel said:
[ I use my command seals to telepathically tell every master and servant (except assassin and his master) that Assassin now has a bounty on his head and whoever kills him gets a ++ multiplier (X3) to one stat of their choice (this time's reward. It might be different next bounty)]
[That reward isn't enough for his men to betray him... I was thinking about retreating if that reward was enough for his teammate's betrayal. Guess i've to take them down]

Monarch Laciel said:
[How big of a demon is this? They're fighting in an abandoned building(probably a big one considering the location), unless his head is breaking through the roof, a few floors, or something to that effect it shouldn't cause a huge commotion right?]

Fabtastic Glasses said:
[You're underselling wish granting too much. Its still something thats generally greater than a RM even if its not your wish or its only temporary. And using Jewel Sword is bad for comparison. And there's also a B ranked NP that have the same, if not cheaper, than a generally low ranked NP. So the reasoning for the cheap Prana cost of your NP because its a Ranked B Magecraft is moot considering wish granting is still wish granting and its still a relatively something higher in the ladder of Magecraft all things considered]
[No, i'm not underselling it, you're overselling it. Have you ever thought why a temporary wish granting NP like Song of Grail was rated B rank Magecraft like that? BECAUSE THE WAY IRIS USE IT! Her wish is pure, sincere and simple which can be done easily by Magecraft from the same rank. And you're underselling Rin's Jeweled Blade , too. "The sword is capable of the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon, allowing the user to draw in potentially infinite magical energy. The kaleidoscope-like jewel blade creates a small opening to the same area in another parallel world, though any further interference is impossible, and it draws in all of the magical energy from that space. Magical energy channeled into the blade can be fired off in a blinding stream of light.". This won't cost much mana, you say?]

[You're thinking way too much about the "wish granting" part. If i used it for my wish, sure, it's gonna cost a lot depend on the wish. However, i can only use Iris's wishes and her wishes aren't hax, so it won't cost much]

Lancer Redgrave asks me what class I am.

"I am Ruler class. I was summoned directly by the Grail itself to supervise this war and preserve its secrecy and sanctity. If you choose to attack, I will release against you the full power of the Grail"

I lift my book, its pages glowing ominously, and in the same motion allow my sleeve to slip down, revealing my 17 remaining command seals. Hopefully he won't realise I am (mostly) bluffing with the book.

"There is no need to kill me to win this war, and I have no need to kill you. Turn back now"

His EX rank NP stat is becoming stronger, overwriting the B+ stat, and he holds something behind his back. He is doing something, preparing an attack.

I point at him and allow my command seals to begin shining, but do not activate them.

"Stop whatever you are doing"

Fabtastic Glasses said:
[Not that big. My height is around 178 to 180 cm so my demon form would be around 2 to 2.1 m in height]
[You're in an abandoned building aren't you? Should be fine to go demon then]

[Ffs. Wish granting is still a wish granting. The fact that Iri's sincere wish makes it into a B rank wish granting doesn't change the fact that its still a wish granting. And even then, her wish is still strong enough revive someone albeit temporarily. You're reading that ? REVIVE SOMEONE. Something that's not even possible with True Magic and in the case of Solomon Temple, it drained Fou, the Beast IV, so much to the point that hes now nothing more but a mindless fluffy cat like creature pet mascot of F/GO that can't even think or talk. And you say that her wish granter isn't hax ? Also you're reading that wrongly. Kaleidoscope only let its user to fire the energy from the hole, not the entire process itself, Rin doesn't even possess 2nd Magic. It doesn't cost too much Prana because the Prana itself is drawn from paralel timeline by the sword and not drawn by the user. If Rin try to fire that much Prana with only her own Prana reserve that it won't be possible and if she try to force it it'll just kill her. So yes, the thing with Kaleidoscope is not Rin being a super amazing Magus but its the Kaleidoscope being a super amazing artifact. What you're telling me right now is basically Rin is a Magus with much more Prana reserve than someone like Illya or Flat or someone connected to the Grail and that's totally false]

[Song of Grail]

[Apart from Black Grail, these are the variations he can use, and no more. I recognise Wish Granting is powerful, but it is still a B rank, and still very specific effects]

[Owari, you can use song of grail 5 times before you need to recharge your mana, twice if you activate MEoDP first (though cutting lines takes no mana). And vice versa, so no using 4 SoG and then activating MEoDP. MEoDP costs 3 "mana stocks", each SoG costs 1 "mana stock". You have 6, but if you hit 0, you fade and die. I will implement this "mana stock" system more in depth in any future games, but for now, that is your limit]

[These are the variations you can use. Also, there is an activation time, so none of them are instant effect

1. White Grail: By activation, me and the people you choose (up to 20) will be healed and grant "unkillable" for a while - this does not resurrect!!

2. Blue Grail: By activation, freeze all targets for a while. This is ice from a B rank spell, so anyone with higher strength or equal strength can break out in a few moments (long enough for you to cut their LoD, but I still felt the need to impose the limit)

3. Rusted Grail: By activation, prevent NP activation of all targets for a while. This is going to work on a similar principle to Ramesses Temple. Anyone with B or higher divinity (or divine construct) can resist having their NP sealed, anyone with C will get their NPs back in a minute, anyone with D or lower divinity recieves the full effect (5 minutes)

4, Red Grail: By activation, lower all targets's rank for a while. Same principle as Rusted Grail.

5. Tin Grail: By activation, remove any special effect (buff or debuff) on all targets and prevent new special effect added for a while. Same principle as Rusted Grail.

Furthermore, Magic resist applies to all of these. This is a B rank NP. Anyone with B rank or higher magic resist is going to nope it.

Are we good?]

['k, i want this to end quick but you don't want to do so.]

Right at the moment he put his arm on his chest and write some thing, my Connection to the Root screams: "STOP HIM! NOW! OR YOU SHALL PERISH!". This is not something i can underesmate easily. For the very first time in this war, i fear. Without a doubt, he's about to release his NP. I have no other choice. Just one second, i need one second to take him down before whatever he's trying to do become real. I get away from him and tell Archer to buy me some time. Then, i start channeling my mana and chant:

- Freeze, O' Blue Grail!

With that chant, my Song of Grail activated. The Grail slowly come out from my body and shine with a blue aura - corresponding with my Blue Song.

Editted because there's an activation time.

[welp]

┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

[Ok, my votes is staying with Owari, because I don't see assassin escaping the ice quickly enough to not get his LoD sliced.]

[You are still alive though FabtasticGlasses. These are only two of your bodies after all. You still have more (right? Tell me you didn't cancel them all)]

[Hey, I just remembered. You are right there Blah! You don't want to help? Either of them? Helping out would probably make them more willing to form an alliance]

[Oh btw, as a caster you have 10 mana stock. Uomo Universale costs 5. Also, while you can fire it normally/instantly as an EX, you can also have an activation time of about 30 seconds for it to gain whatever properties it needs to penetrate the target's defenses]

Fabtastic Glasses said:
[Actually i've already used From Hell. The writing on my chest part was just an act so they would think its my ability as a familiar of masta]
[Wait, when did you turn into a demon? So there is no start-up time? It is just *transforms into a demon*?]

[Also, you know they can sense servants right? They know you aren't just familiars, at least now you have released presence concealment]

[Oh okay, I figured Saber's a battle junkie (or at least wants a "good fight") based on her earlier actions, so she wouldn't want me to jump in unless it seems dangerous. From Hell seems dangerous.]

I sense an increase in the magic coming from one of Saber and Archer's opponents. Maybe I shouldn't leave this alone after all. I say to my master "I should probably go check up on that fight, stay here and talk to the birds or something, oh or him," I point to Saber's master.

I cross the street and rush into the building,once I approach the top I see a demon looking being, Saber, Archer, and a third servant. Is he the Assassin who revealed his presence earlier?. Saber looks like she's preparing to attack.

As I start preparing Uomo Universale to use on the demon, I call out to Saber and Archer "You guys need any help with that… thing? If you don't want me to help I can just watch."

[@Fab How many of there are you right now? I can't keep track. One or two fighting Saber and Archer, and how many else?]

[Wait, when did you turn into a demon? So there is no start-up time? It is just *transforms into a demon*?]

[Also, you know they can sense servants right? They know you aren't just familiars, at least now you have released presence concealment]

[Earlier i also lied about it. I said that my body is a familiar created by my master's Magecraft based on the real me the Servant. So after this confrotation, they'll better off investigating my master. In other word, im just basically luring them right now]

[Currently 3. 1 in my own base, 1 with Rider, 1 demon fighting aganist Saber, Archer, and Caster. I've canceled all my bodies earlier so i can use From Hell without endangering my master]

Fabtastic Glasses said:
Fab 1 : let's see how you guys will fare against my master's secret weapon ! Me, the enhanced familiar based on Assassin !
[I understand. Good trick]

[Ok, so you aren't gone even if your demon one is killed, Nice]

[I love how this fight that's been going on for "several minutes" has also been going on for a couple hours according to me, and has taken an entire day cycle + the end of the previous night cycle for in game time. Any way we can avoid stuff like this later?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back