• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Unova Legends scaling has been bugging me for a hot minute (possible revision: 3-A -> 5-B, at LEAST 6-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so. Most of the 3-C, likely High 3-A legends scale to Zygarde 50% who, in the manga, was dealing damage to Ultra Necrozma. And yes, it was 50% that was fighting Ultra Necrozma. The reason there are two tiers, isn't because they could be anything in between these two tiers, but because it is one or the other. If the Pokemon Multiverse is Finite, then the it's 3-C. If the Pokemon multiverse is infinite, as in there are an infinite number of universes within the multiverse, then the feat requires an infinite amount of Three Dimensional energy, thus making it High 3-A. It's just that the Pokemon multiverse is ... a bit vague on how many universes there are in its cosmology. There is a possibility there are infinite, but it's not certain. Hence the Creation Trio being 2-B, likely 2-A for creating/embodying aspects of the multiverse. If the multiverse is finite, they're 2-B if it's infinite they're 2-A. Make sense?

So yes, the wording could be redone on some profiles, but the scaling works.

So yes, the wording could be redone on some profiles, but the scaling works.
If that is the case, I think physical calcs should be cited and attached on the pages that we look to revise.

This meme doesn't even make sense. The likely High 3-A stems from the overall Pokemon cosmology, which is a countless, likely infinite structure (2-B, likely 2-A)

Basically, the 3-C is if it's a 2-B structure and the High 3-A is if it's a 2-A structure.
So when I cited the basic 'it takes less to destroy than to create' thing, this is what you meant?

I'm so confused, but I think your biggest issue is with 50%Z being 3-C at the same time 100%Z is?

Maybe if we use specific numbers it will become more clear why they can both be 3-C.

Firstly, lets look at the wiki's AP energy values: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Potency

3-C starts at 1.053*10^66

Now lets look at Necrozma's calculation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ecrozoma:_Absorbing_the_light_of_the_universe

Necrozma's energy is at 1.198368*10^68J

Therefore, we say Necrozma is 100 times baseline 3-C.

So, if 50%Z can harm Necrozma, then we can say he's relative to 10^68 joules, but lets say 50%Z->100%Z is a 2 time AP difference. Then even if 50%Z is 100 times weaker, which is a massive difference for being relative btw, he's still 3-C, albeit barely.

So as we can see, both 50%Z and 100%Z can both be 3-C as Necrozma is 100x baseline. IF necrozma was calced at 10.53*10^66 (exactly baseline), then being relative to him would more than likely be 4-A+, So you can see it depends on the values the feats are calced at. And obviously, under the interpretation Pokemon has a 2-A cosmology, any percentage of high 3-A is high 3-A, I hope that's not too much of an issue.

I hope this clears up your misunderstanding.

I'm so confused, but I think your biggest issue is with 50%Z being 3-C at the same time 100%Z is?

Maybe if we use specific numbers it will become more clear why they can both be 3-C.

Firstly, lets look at the wiki's AP energy values: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Potency

Now lets look at Necrozma's calculation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ecrozoma:_Absorbing_the_light_of_the_universe

Necrozma's energy is at 1.198368*10^68J

Therefore, we say Necrozma is 100 times baseline 3-C.

So, if 50%Z can harm Necrozma, then we can say he's relative to 10^68 joules, but lets say 50%Z->100%Z is a 2 time AP difference. Then even if 50%Z is 100 times weaker, which is a massive difference for being relative btw, he's still 3-C, albeit barely.

So as we can see, both 50%Z and 100%Z can both be 3-C as Necrozma is 100x baseline. IF necrozma was calced at 10.53*10^66 (exactly baseline), then being relative to him would more than likely be 4-A+, So you can see it depends on the values the feats are calced at. And obviously, under the interpretation Pokemon has a 2-A cosmology, any percentage of high 3-A is high 3-A, I hope that's not too much of an issue.

I hope this clears up your misunderstanding.

Much better, thank you. Ngl that whole thing about 'not asking for AP calcs' hasn't really aged well, because I think this is the best way to go about it (not to mention it proves that the High 3-A thing has quantifiable values). If we're supplying calcs this way, it sets an example for the rest of VS wiki. We're modding one of the bigger verses, after all.

Speaking of which, just got this intel from an acquaintance:

NairobiUni.png

Oh, and:

10.53*10^66 (exactly baseline), then being relative to him would more than likely be 4-A+

1.053 < 10.53

Is this a typo?

Anyway, about the AP sections, here are my edits with new scans:

Mega Mewtwo: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Vastly superior to its base form. Managed to fight against 50% Zygarde despite being weaker)

Reshiram: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Superior to base Kyurem and is said to have world destroying powers. Should be superior to Shiny Genesect and the upgrades made to it from the Team Plasma due of it being used from their domination plans). It can ignore durability to some extent with Dragon Rage

Zekrom: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Superior to base Kyurem and is said to have world destroying powers. Should be superior to Shiny Genesect and the upgrades made to it from the Team Plasma due of it being used from their domination plans). It can ignore durability to some extent with Dragon Rage

Xerneas: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Equal to 50% Zygarde and Yveltal)

Yveltal: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Equal to 50% Zygarde and Xerneas)

50% Zygarde: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Despite being weaker, could still manage to fight against Ultra Necrozma)

100% Zygarde: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Fought and knocked down Ultra Necrozma)

Kyurem (base): At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (As is used from the Team Plasma for their world domination attempt, it should be superior to Shiny Genesect and the technology used to upgrade it), higher without limiters (Its true power is superior to Reshiram or Zekrom, however is bound from the ice on its body. From breaking free from said ice, it could overpower Reshiram/Zekrom)

Shiny Genesect: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Fought and damaged Mega Mewtwo Y)

Regular Genesect: Planet level (Capable of fighting Mewtwo)

Resolute Keldeo: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Was able to match and almost defeat a full power Black Kyurem), Can ignore conventional durability with Secret Sword

Cobalion: At least Small Country level+ (Stronger than the rest of the Swords of Justice including an unawakened Keldeo), possibly Galaxy level to High Universe level (Offset one of Kyurem's attack)

Victini: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (While Zekrom and Reshiram had to take out a pillar at time, it could disable all of them at once) (Gfycat stuff again)

Ash Ketchum (2nd key): Varies from Mountain level to Large Mountain level (Has multiple fully evolved Pokemon and some of his lower stage Pokemon have kept up and beaten Pokemon such as Incineroar and Exeggutor. Ash's Pikachu and Dragonite have kept up with and beaten Mega-evolved Pokemon. Defeated Gary, Paul and went toe-to-toe against Alain. Towards the end of Advanced Generation, he was able to enter in the Battle Frontier and compete against the Frontier Brains), higher with Z-moves and Gigantamax, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with Sparking Gigavolt and 10'000'000 Volts (Overpowered Guzzlord along with Naganadel. One-shotted Merged Lusamine)

Pikachu (Anime) (3rd key): At least Large Mountain level (Stronger than before. Overpowered and vaporized a combined Hyper Beam from a well-trained Gyarados and Tyranitar), likely higher (Caused Lugia to flinch with a Thunderbolt), higher with Z-Moves or when absorbing electricity, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (Overpowered Guzzlord with Naganadel. One-shotted Merged Lusamine. Overwhelmed and defeated Tapu Koko's Guardian of Alola Z-Move)

Merged Lusamine: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Fused with Nihilego and overpowered Dusk Mane Necrozma)

Nihilego: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Lusamine could use its power to overpower Dusk Mane Necrozma. Along with the other Ultra Beasts, it threatened Alola to the point where 50% Zygarde saw fit to leave Kalos and come to Alola)

Kartana/Guzzlord/Celesteela/Xurkitree/Blacephalon/Stakataka: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Comparable to Nihilego. Along with the other Ultra Beasts, it threatened Alola to the point where 50% Zygarde saw fit to leave Kalos and come to Alola)

Poipole (2nd jey): At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Could overpower Guzzlord with Pikachu's 10'000'000 Volts. Fought Tapu Koko even after being injured beforehand)

Tapu Koko: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Able to face against Stakataka). Ignores Durability with Nature's Madness and the Z-Move Guardian of Alola (Always gets an opponent to a half/quarter of their health)

Tapu Lele/Fini/Bulu: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Compatable to Tapu Koko). Ignores Durability with Nature's Madness and the Z-Move Guardian of Alola (Always gets an opponent to a half/quarter of their health)

In short scaling is basically this:

Basically everyone should be 3-C/High 3-A since:
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma > Solgaleo/Lunaala/Base Necrozma = Baseline 3-C/High 3-A
  • Ultra Beasts > Dusk Mane Necrozma
  • Xerneas/Yveltal = 50% Zygarde = Ultra Beasts = Tapus
  • Unrestricted Base Kyurem > Reshiram/Zekrom > Restricted Base Kyurem > Mega Mewtwo ≈ Shiny Genesect
  • 50% Zygarde > Mega Mewtwo ≈ Dusk Mane Necrozma
  • Swords of Justice = Therian Form Kami Trio = Restricted Base Kyurem > Mega Mewtwo
  • Mega Rayquaza > Mega Mewtwo
  • Black Kyurem > Resolute Keldeo > Reshiram/Zekrom
  • Victini > Reshiram/Zekrom
So in short anyone who isn't the base forms of Light Trio (aka baseline) is at very least equal/above to Dusk Mane Necrozma who's above such.

Last edited:

OK, looking good. A few small things:

Poipole (2nd jey): At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Could overpower Guzzlord with Pikachu's 10'000'000 Volts. Fought Tapu Koko even after being injured beforehand)

Just say Naganadel? 'jey'/Poipole just looks sloppy.

Merged Lusamine: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Fused with Nihilego and overpowered Dusk Mane Necrozma)

Good exculpatory evidence, but not entirely needed? Not when base UBs are on this scale anyway, which the Tapu's box on the regular (both have lost to Ash with 10mil anyway). Add the AP scans if you insist.

higher with Z-moves and Gigantamax, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with Sparking Gigavolt and 10'000'000 Volts

English Translation is Gigavolt Havoc. Don't worry, I watch sub too.

50% Zygarde: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Despite being weaker, could still manage to fight against Ultra Necrozma)

100% Zygarde: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Fought and knocked down Ultra Necrozma)

This one I think requires AP scans or a explicit multiplier just so the gap is made clear. Wording changes are good, though.

If we're not giving these a planet level base / lower form that is only tier 5, what Alder said about planet busting is entirely irrelevant. Might want to take these quotes off and stick to scaling chains. Plasma's world domination attempt with base Kyurem should be taken off accordingly.

Unrestricted Base Kyurem > Reshiram/Zekrom > Restricted Base Kyurem

OK, just for prosperity's sake, how much would an amp to Fused Kyurem forms actually be? You briefly mentioned Black Kyurem eeking out Resolute Keldeo, I'm guessing White Kyurem scales?

Other than that, yeah, good work.

Actually, add a couple of others @StrymULTRA:

Cobalion: At least Small Country level+ (Stronger than the rest of the Swords of Justice including an unawakened Keldeo), possibly Galaxy level to High Universe level (Offset one of Kyurem's attack)

I think the offset should be under the Small Country note, because you're saying that's stronger than the unawakened Keldeo when said Keldeo was the only one to not get frozen in the movie you're referencing. Might want to review that.

Swords of Justice = Therian Form Kami Trio

Citation please?

Good exculpatory evidence, but not entirely needed? Not when base UBs are on this scale anyway, which the Tapu's box on the regular (both have lost to Ash with 10mil anyway). Add the AP scans if you insist.
Except that up to now is completely unbacked, with this description now it is.
This one I think requires AP scans or a explicit multiplier just so the gap is made clear. Wording changes are good, though.
These multiplers aren't linear, since 10% Zygarde definitely isn't Tier 3.
If we're not giving these a planet level base / lower form that is only tier 5, what Alder said about planet busting is entirely irrelevant. Might want to take these quotes off and stick to scaling chains. Plasma's world domination attempt with base Kyurem should be taken off accordingly.
Supporting feats are a thing.

OK, just for prosperity's sake, how much would an amp to Fused Kyurem forms actually be? You briefly mentioned Black Kyurem eeking out Resolute Keldeo, I'm guessing White Kyurem scales
Would still be weaker than Black/White forms
I think the offset should be under the Small Country note, because you're saying that's stronger than the unawakened Keldeo when said Keldeo was the only one to not get frozen in the movie you're referencing
That's why the possibly rating.
Citation please
It was on the profiles yeah, ask to @ProfessorKukui4Life since he's the one who made this upgrade.

A last thing would be about Victini, why is it still Rel+? Would be really weird to say that the legendary dragons would blitz it despite the better feat.

A last thing would be about Victini, why is it still Rel+? Would be really weird to say that the legendary dragons would blitz it despite the better feat.
This was a power/AP thread, not a speed thread.
Might want to ask that elsewhere.

I don't think staff are needed for this, since this "downgrade" was never even a downgrade to begin with. It was just requesting evidence and scans to be posted in the justifications, which we seemed to have solved now.

Theres no point dragging this out even longer if there's not an actual genuine issue with the tiers and scaling.

I don't think staff are needed for this, since this "downgrade" was never even a downgrade to begin with. It was just requesting evidence and scans to be posted in the justifications, which we seemed to have solved now.

Theres no point dragging this out even longer if there's not an actual genuine issue with the tiers and scaling.
So, is it already possible to add the new justifications?

It was an either/or, that turned into a rewording session. I don't think this should be closed until the rewording has actually been applied to the pages in question.

I mean obviously the changes should go through first on the given pages. I was saying that we don't need staff for something thats not actually that problematic. Just alter the justifications with the better rewording, and the scans, and then we're done here.

Victini only has their AP for dealing with the pillars much more easily than the Dragons. There's nothing indicating Victini should match their speed. Every legendary in the verse as far as I'm aware of gets their speed scaling via fighting one another. Victini doesn't have that luxury iirc.
What about "At least Relativistic+, possibly MFTL+ to Infinite" then

What about "At least Relativistic+, possibly MFTL+ to Infinite" then

I know this is a bit rich of me given I said this was solely an AP thread, and I won't drag this out - but where does "infinite speed" even come from, anyway? How is it achieved, and what puerile instance in the Pokemon verse can be pointed to as proof?

I know this is a bit rich of me given I said this was solely an AP thread, and I won't drag this out - but where does "infinite speed" even come from, anyway? How is it achieved, and what puerile instance in the Pokemon verse can be pointed to as proof?
Ultra Necrozma's light up feat to TLDR it.

If the pokemon cosmology is infinite, then the amount of space it lit up is infinite. And to light up an infinite amount of space in a finite time requires infinite speed. And Ultra Necrozma uses its light to attack so for other pokemon to not get blitzed easily they gotta keep up.

It's another feat that depends on the disagreement we have on the cosmology.

Ultra Space is a "dimension" where there are the portals each one leading to their own universe. Since universes are infinite, there are infinite portals and thus Ultra Space is infinite. Solgaleo, Lunaala and Ultra Beasts can cross all the Ultra Space, thus infinite distance.

Plus what Xit said.

Can people seriously just read the freaking threads where the upgrade happened? Like no offense but the fact that so many questions about the tiers and stats are being asked without people even reading the threads where they come from is starting to get a little annoying.

Can people seriously just read the freaking threads where the upgrade happened? Like no offense but the fact that so many questions about the tiers and stats are being asked without people even reading the threads where they come from is starting to get a little annoying.
We would do if this wasn't a forum with god knows how many users spanning thousands of series and topics, and with the clutter to match. If people were more willing to cite those threads as evidence, these ["repeat"] threads wouldn't be nearly as long.

Personally I’m not sure if I would scale Mewtwo’s AP to Zygarde, only durability. But meh.
No, there's no reason to think his AP doesnt scale for reasons already brought up here and in the previous threads. Mewtwo is clearly weaker, but his strength is outright acknowledged to be able to fend off Zygardes attacks, which is more than enough as his AP would need to be in the same realm of power in order to do that at all. So he just downscales.

Especially since Zygarde only managed to overwhelm Mewtwo so much because Lysander abused Mewtwo's weakness of being linked with Blaines, so when the latter was attacked, the former would be indirectly damaged.

He’s never really shown dealing any meaningful damage to Zygarde.
Also not sure what makes this different from other examples of outlier status.

Anyway, about the AP sections, here are my edits with scans:

Mega Mewtwo: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Vastly superior to its base form. Managed to fight against 50% Zygarde despite being weaker)

Reshiram: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Superior to base Kyurem and is said to have world destroying powers. Should be superior to Shiny Genesect and the upgrades made to it from the Team Plasma due of it being used from their domination plans). It can ignore durability to some extent with Dragon Rage

Zekrom: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Superior to base Kyurem and is said to have world destroying powers. Should be superior to Shiny Genesect and the upgrades made to it from the Team Plasma due of it being used from their domination plans). It can ignore durability to some extent with Dragon Rage

Xerneas: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Equal to 50% Zygarde and Yveltal)

Yveltal: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Equal to 50% Zygarde and Xerneas)

Kyurem (base): At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (As is used from the Team Plasma for their world domination attempt, it should be superior to Shiny Genesect and the technology used to upgrade it), higher without limiters (Its true power is superior to Reshiram or Zekrom, however is bound from the ice on its body. From breaking free from said ice, it could overpower Reshiram/Zekrom)

Shiny Genesect: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Fought and damaged Mega Mewtwo Y)

Regular Genesect: Planet level (Capable of fighting Mewtwo)

Resolute Keldeo: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (Was able to match and almost defeat a full power Black Kyurem), Can ignore conventional durability with Secret Sword

Victini: At least Galaxy level, possibly High Universe level (While Zekrom and Reshiram had to take out a pillar at time, it could disable all of them at once) (Gfycat stuff again)

Ash Ketchum (2nd key): Varies from Mountain level to Large Mountain level (Has multiple fully evolved Pokemon and some of his lower stage Pokemon have kept up and beaten Pokemon such as Incineroar and Exeggutor. Ash's Pikachu and Dragonite have kept up with and beaten Mega-evolved Pokemon. Defeated Gary, Paul and went toe-to-toe against Alain. Towards the end of Advanced Generation, he was able to enter in the Battle Frontier and compete against the Frontier Brains), higher with Z-moves and Gigantamax, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with Sparking Gigavolt and 10'000'000 Volts (Overpowered Guzzlord along with Naganadel. One-shotted Merged Lusamine)

Pikachu (Anime) (3rd key): At least Large Mountain level (Stronger than before. Overpowered and vaporized a combined Hyper Beam from a well-trained Gyarados and Tyranitar), likely higher (Caused Lugia to flinch with a Thunderbolt), higher with Z-Moves or when absorbing electricity, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (Overpowered Guzzlord with Naganadel. One-shotted Merged Lusamine. Overwhelmed and defeated Tapu Koko's Guardian of Alola Z-Move)

Nihilego: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Lusamine could use its power to overpower Dusk Mane Necrozma. Along with the other Ultra Beasts, it threatened Alola to the point where 50% Zygarde saw fit to leave Kalos and come to Alola)

Kartana/Guzzlord/Celesteela/Xurkitree/Blacephalon/Stakataka: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Comparable to Nihilego. Along with the other Ultra Beasts, it threatened Alola to the point where 50% Zygarde saw fit to leave Kalos and come to Alola)

Tapu Koko: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Able to face against Stakataka). Ignores Durability with Nature's Madness and the Z-Move Guardian of Alola (Always gets an opponent to a half/quarter of their health)

Tapu Lele/Fini/Bulu: At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Compatable to Tapu Koko). Ignores Durability with Nature's Madness and the Z-Move Guardian of Alola (Always gets an opponent to a half/quarter of their health)

In short scaling is basically this:

Basically everyone should be 3-C/High 3-A since:
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma > Solgaleo/Lunaala/Base Necrozma = Baseline 3-C/High 3-A
  • Ultra Beasts > Dusk Mane Necrozma
  • Xerneas/Yveltal = 50% Zygarde = Ultra Beasts = Tapus
  • Unrestricted Base Kyurem > Reshiram/Zekrom > Restricted Base Kyurem > Mega Mewtwo ≈ Shiny Genesect
  • 50% Zygarde > Mega Mewtwo ≈ Dusk Mane Necrozma
  • Swords of Justice = Therian Form Kami Trio = Restricted Base Kyurem > Mega Mewtwo
  • Mega Rayquaza > Mega Mewtwo
  • Black Kyurem > Resolute Keldeo > Reshiram/Zekrom
  • Victini > Reshiram/Zekrom
So in short anyone who isn't the base forms of Light Trio (aka baseline) is at very least equal/above to Dusk Mane Necrozma who's above such.
Premise: I didn't read all the replies to this scaling, I'm just going to judge the list.

I can't say that personally I agree with the way this scaling is done, but chain-wise if makes sense.

Honestly it doesn’t even look like fully Mewtwo’s strength, if anything it looks more like the spoon is doing the brunt of the tanking.

There are characters who were downgraded for fighting and taking hits from, but not dealing meaningful damage to, higher tier characters, or characters who aren’t scaled higher because of outliers (i.e Doflamingo, Sonic), and I feel like Mega Mewtwo should be a similar case. Especially when Mega Mewtwo arguably does have anti-feats in Mystery Dungeon, where he is one-shot by 4-A characters and fails to fully stop the Tree of Life from moving even when assisted by hundreds of other Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back