• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Upgrade: Necrozma and High 3-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time's come for this to finally be brought up. Some of us already expected this to happen soon, so there's no point in beating around the bush with waiting anymore. Let's get this over with.

As many here already know by now, Pokemon has recently gotten it's 2-A upgrade finally. And as a result of that upgrade, it opens the door to potential new upgrades involving Necrozma's 4-B (now 3-C) feat that we use for his and a good number of other legendaries / ultra beasts tiers. This thread's purpose is to decide where those potential upgrades will end up. So without further a due, let's get started.

Upgrade 1: High 3-A

For those who weren't already expecting this, Necrozma's feat of using it's light to illuminate all of Ultra Space, the worlds Ultra Space connect to via Ultra Wormholes, and absorbing said light in it's base form, may be able to reach High 3-A. Because of the Pokemon Multiverse being now accepted as a 2-A structure, this would effect Necrozma's feat since Ultra Space would now become an infinite sized realm under these new circumstances.

And it becomes infinite due to the now considered infinite numbers of warp holes from infinite Ultra Wormholes inside of Ultra Space now conencting to an infinite amount of universes. It's light reaching these infinite worlds would mean Necrozma is unleashing infinite amounts of light, and we'd get the same result for Ultra Space being illuminated as Ultra Space would need to be infinite in scope for housing infinite Ultra Wormholes to connect to said worlds. In either case you choose to go with, High 3-A becomes a viable upgrade for Necrozma's light feat under the circumstances of the verse's new upgrade.

And hold on. An AP upgrade isn't the only thing that would become possible here either.

Upgrade 2: Infinite Speed

Necrozma's light feats, which grant the MFTL+ ratings for traversing Ultra Space, would arguably be able to reach infinite speed under these new circumstances too. A quick reminder of what our new definition and standards for infinite speed are:

"Infinite Speed (Able to travel anywhere instantly, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time."

Getting infinite speed nowadays is to either travel anywhere instantly, or being able to move across infinite distances within finite amounts of time. Which is what the case would be here for Necrozma and it's light. Ultra Space becoming an infinite sized realm, and connecting to infinite universes via Ultra Wormholes, would mean Necrozma's light is traversing across Ultra Space and all of these worlds in a finite amount of time across infinite distances. Aka, Necrozma's light would be moving at infinite speeds.

And from there the scaling is the same as it is now with MFTL+.

Results

Should both of these things get accepted, Necrozma and the legendaries that downscale from him would get High 3-A and Infinite Speed upgrades. But hold on just a second before some of you start celebrating. Let me clarify something here.

Neither of these upgrades are getting anything more than, at the absolute most, a "Likely" put on them. Since the 2-A upgrades for the verse were put as likely, and the fact that these upgrades here are also quite drastic, High 3-A and infinite speed wouldn't be applied to the pages as solid ratings. So the 3-C and MFTL+ ratings will still be staying on the pages one way or another.

If the upgrade goes through, we'd be getting "At least 3-C, likely High 3-A" and "At least MFTL+, likely Infinite" for these guys. Or something similar.

Update:

Ignore what's crossed out. In the middle of this threads discussion, we've decided on a new compromise for The Pokemon who would be scaling to this. Instead of everyone getting a "Likely" rating for High 3-A and Infinite speed, only some of them would be getting it. Others who downscale to the lowest extent from Necrozma will be getting a "Possibly" as a much more reasonable result to agree on.

Those who get "Likely" and those who get "Possibly" will be noted out below.

Scaling List

This here is to list the following legendaries that would be upgraded if this revision gets accepted.

Pokemon who get "Likely":
  • Ultra Necrozma (Self explanatory)
  • Dawn / Dusk Wings Necrozma
  • Base Necrozma
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Tapu Guardians (Tapu Koko, Bulu, Fini & Lele)
  • Sivally
  • Zeraora
  • Melmetal
  • Ultra Beasts (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Nihilego, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Naganadel, & Blacephalon)
  • Ash's Pikachu (Z-MOVE ONLY)
  • Zygarde (Perfect and 50% Forms ONLY)
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Dance (Mega Evolved Form ONLY)
  • Magearna
  • Bewear (Anime version only and doesn’t scale to anyone but her)
  • Lusamine (Merged ONLY)
Pokemon who get "Possibly":
  • Mega Mewtwo
  • Shadow Mewtwo (Mega Evolved ONLY)
  • Mew (With Transform ONLY; Ordinary AP stays 5-B)
  • Genesect (Shiny Genesect gets both the AP and Speed upgrade; Regular Genesect just get the speed upgrade and stay at 5-B)
  • Base Kyurem
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Black/White Kyurem
  • Victini
  • Keldeo (Resolute Forme only)
  • Cobalion
  • Terrakion
  • Virizion
  • Tornadus (Therian Forme only)
  • Thunderus (Therian Forme only)
  • Landorus (Therian Forme only)
  • Mega Rayquaza
  • Deoxys (SPEED ONLY; AP stays 5-B)
  • Hoopa (Unbound ONLY)
No one outside of this list is getting this upgrade at all, so please do not clutter this thread by mentioning them here.

And with that, here we go.

Last edited:
My precious Tao Trio getting High 3-A was not something I had on my 2021 bingo card. Anways, this seems fine.

Last edited:
Well not "opposite". It said "other side". And I don't recall us using things like this to disagree with realms infinite in scope.

Im going to bed now, so before I turn in for the night I'll give the voting numbers

Agree: 8 (Psychomaster35, Garchomp777, Crimson_Shadow101, GlaceonGamez471, StrymULTRA, Planck69, Waka1979, ArchangelSiege)

Disagree: 1 (The_real_cal_howard) though Cal said he didn't care so....unsure if vote counts or not but listing his anyway.

Neutral:

Im going to bed now, so before I turn in for the night I'll give the voting numbers

Agree: 8 (Psychomaster35, Garchomp777, Crimson_Shadow101, GlaceonGamez471, StrymULTRA, Planck69, Waka1979, ArchangelSiege)

Disagree: 1 (The_real_cal_howard) though Cal said he didn't care so....unsure if vote counts or not but listing his anyway.

Neutral:
Take Cal as Neutral if they don't care.

Neutral
A part of me thinks that Tornadus, Virizion or Melmetal getting such a massive AP boost is a bit ******** even if it ""makes sense"".

Last edited:
Looks good to me, as for the “other side arguments”, infinity is relative. DC for instance has infinite positive matter universes and infinite anti-matter universes. In other words the infinite anti-matter universes are on the “other side” of the positive matter universes within the totality of the multiverse.

So let me get this straight since I am not at all knowledgeable on the verse.....
The last 2A thread used infinite space and MWI theory to get 2A upgrades....
So using that as foundation and proof..
We get that each universe is infinite in size...
So there are infinite stars in the universe...
So there is infinite light ...
Necrozoma absorbs and also unleashes all the light in the universe under finite time....

So tldr;
High3A and infinite speed right??

To debunk that being just 2-B/2-A range and to support the whole "Necrozma's light attacks = Necrozma's light speed", it can use the energy it absorbs to attacks as lasers, as confirmed also here, aka as the light which travels through the Ultra Space can perfectly be redirected as attacks. Not to say that the Ultra Beasts can travel through the Ultra Space with no actual limit, and is pretty much implied that they can access to any Ultra Wormhole, otherwise Giovanni's goal wouldn't make sense.

So let me get this straight since I am not at all knowledgeable on the verse.....
The last 2A thread used infinite space and MWI theory to get 2A upgrades....
So using that as foundation and proof..
We get that each universe is infinite in size...
Not strictly each universe being infinite in size but also there being an infinite amount of universes because of said MWI and infinite quotes. But yeah you pretty much got it right.
So there are infinite stars in the universe...
So there is infinite light ...
Necrozoma absorbs and also unleashes all the light in the universe under finite time....

So tldr;
High3A and infinite speed right??
Not strictly stars. The point is that Ultra Space is infinite in size for housing infinite ultra wormholes and connecting to infinite universes. Necrozmas light traverses Ultra Space and all of these worlds.

Which would give us these upgrades.

Not strictly each universe being infinite in size but also there being an infinite amount of universes because of said MWI and infinite quotes. But yeah you pretty much got it right.

Not strictly stars. The point is that Ultra Space is infinite in size for housing infinite ultra wormholes and connecting to infinite universes. Necrozmas light traverses Ultra Space and all of these worlds.

Which would give us these upgrades.
Yeah then a solid agree....👍

Current Vote count:

Agree: 11 (GiverTheProtoAngel, Greenshifter, Rikimarox2, Psychomaster35, Garchomp777, Crimson_Shadow101, GlaceonGamez471, StrymULTRA, Planck69, Waka1979, ArchangelSiege)

Disagree:

Neutral: 2 (NeoZex6399, The_real_cal_howard) though Cal said he didn't care so....unsure if vote counts or not but listing his anyway as neutral.

Also I just want to reiterate something again for new people coming to this thread.
But hold on just a second before people start celebrating. Neither of these upgrades are getting anything more than a "Likely" put on them. Since the 2-A upgrades for the verse were put as likely, and the fact that these upgrades here are also quite drastic, High 3-A and infinite speed wouldn't be applied outright. So the 3-C and MFTL+ ratings will still be staying on the pages one way or another.

If the upgrade goes through, we'd be getting "At least 3-C, likely High 3-A" and "At least MFTL+, likely Infinite" for these guys. Or something similar.
Like I said in my OP, neither High 3-A or infinite speed is 100% replacing the current ratings.

They are both not getting anything more than a “likely” rating at best, before people start getting the wrong ideas.

Ik that only the mods opinion truly matters here but might as well say that i agree.
Also would make sense of Eternatus infinite energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back