• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
a few seconds is more than enough time for demo to tap them once.
Note the 3 of them
lets say i take a pistol, and i name it john.

is this now conventionally different from an unnamed pistol? no its not. its just a pistol with a name, the same applies here, its a katana with a name. (That also insta kills anyone else using a katana
You are right, but the Half-Zatoichi especifically says that kill in onde hit people with another Half-Zatoichi, not any katana

Is like you enchanted your John to kill anyone holding a John

Is like you enchanted your John to kill anyone holding a John
I cant believe john would do such a thing.
Note the 3 of them

You are right, but the Half-Zatoichi especifically says that kill in onde hit people with another Half-Zatoichi, not any katana
description of the Half-Zatoichi says other wise
This weapon has a large melee range and deploys and holsters slower
Gain 50% of base health on kill
No random critical hits
Honorbound: Once drawn sheathing deals 50 damage to yourself unless it kills.
Soldiers and Demos
Can duel with katanas
For a one-hit kill
they say katanas, not just the Half-Zatoichi.

they say katanas, not just the Half-Zatoichi
Well, **** me, guess you are right them... Trough the shouguns should still overwelm him, he could kill one, but the other 2 would end him right after, not to mention why would Demo charge with his katana first move if he think they can also one shot him?

Well, **** me, guess you are right them... Trough the shouguns should still overwelm him, he could kill one, but the other 2 would end him right after, not to mention why would Demo charge with his katana first move if he think they can also one shot him?
demoman is a dumbass thats why. he does some very questionable things, charging at people he thinks can one shot him sounds like something this drunk man would do.

also, chances are he could take them all out himself, scout is more like dead weight here since once he hits the shoguns, he heals 50% of his HP on kill, which means them overwhelming him is gonna be hard when he just has to poke them to get half his HP back.

demoman is a dumbass thats why. he does some very questionable things, charging at people he thinks can one shot him sounds like something this drunk man would do.

also, chances are he could take them all out himself, scout is more like dead weight here since once he hits the shoguns, he heals 50% of his HP on kill, which means them overwhelming him is gonna be hard when he just has to poke them to get half his HP back.
The thing here, shouguns aree one special tabs unit graced with the power to dodge, they would just dodge demoman atacks, aproche, atack, dodge again, that is how they fight

The thing here, shouguns aree one special tabs unit graced with the power to dodge, they would just dodge demoman atacks, aproche, atack, dodge again, that is how they fight
watched some gameplay of it (which i should have just opened the game and used it but oh well) and his dodge is a hit and miss sometimes, sometimes it dodges too late and gets hit and sometimes he dodges and lays on the floor for a bit, i dont think its dodge is too good considering the time frame between its dodges.

watched some gameplay of it (which i should have just opened the game and used it but oh well) and his dodge is a hit and miss sometimes, sometimes it dodges too late and gets hit and sometimes he dodges and lays on the floor for a bit, i dont think its dodge is too good considering the time frame between its dodges.
It's more thanks to the nature of the game, youtuber normaly only use the fumbest clips, his dodge and dash (not hurricane slash) are pretty good

It's more thanks to the nature of the game, youtuber normaly only use the fumbest clips, his dodge and dash (not hurricane slash) are pretty good
i will not let you twist the image of the shogan. you damn well know he is a majestic noodle boy

ah, i see. but regardless they seem to try and use hurricane slash a LOT to a point it can put them in danger for demoman to one tap them.

also, doing the math the shogun needs 2~ seconds to charge Hurricane slash. demo's katana attack lasts 0.8 seconds, assuming he is successful with his charge and can hit one of them (which would kill due to his death manip) his two other attacks he'd need to do would take 1.6 seconds to throw out, meaning he can arguably kill the shogun before they use hurricane slash.

also, doing the math the shogun needs 2~ seconds to charge Hurricane slash. demo's katana attack lasts 0.8 seconds, assuming he is successful with his charge and can hit one of them (which would kill due to his death manip) his two other attacks he'd need to do would take 1.6 seconds to throw out, meaning he can arguably kill the shogun before they use hurricane slash.
are you counting end lag? and the shouguns don't start with hurricane slash, they normaly take 3 to 5 atacks before using It(and befor using they get even more away)

are you counting end lag? and the shouguns don't start with hurricane slash, they normaly take 3 to 5 atacks before using It(and befor using they get even more away)
I got the attack time from the official TF2 wiki so I would presume it counts end lag.

and, I've seen Shoguns use the attack right in front of people, they don't really go too far away from their opponent before using it, and even then If it isn't their first move Demoman still has Scout to harass them with projectiles while demo cuts them down.

I got the attack time from the official TF2 wiki so I would presume it counts end lag.
Fair
and, I've seen Shoguns use the attack right in front of people, they don't really go too far away from their opponent before using it, and even then If it isn't their first move Demoman still has Scout to harass them with projectiles while demo cuts them down.
They can block projectiles and atack at the same time, scoutt wouldn't be a problem, and yes, they backing up woudn't save all, but would be enough to make demo be destroyed by the other 2

they backing up woudn't save all, but would be enough to make demo be destroyed by the other 2
who would be fighting a full hp demo, who would still be charging due to the tide turner gaining 75% chargeback for killing. meaning he's just gonna ram the other two right after.

who would be fighting a full hp demo, who would still be charging due to the tide turner gaining 75% chargeback for killing. meaning he's just gonna ram the other two right after.
The shouguns could just dodg the first charge, and whem he kill one of them during their charge, the other 2 would stop demo charge with paralizes

The shouguns could just dodg the first charge, and whem he kill one of them during their charge, the other 2 would stop demo charge with paralizes
which takes two seconds to charge, and we've gone over that demo can kill all three within the time frame needed to avoid the paralysis.

The point is other here, they are now scarted enough to not be all killed in quick sucssection
why would they? if three of them are there and he rams one, the other two are still left standing next to him. he would need to ram all three of them at the same time for that to happen, which would make it an insta gg due to his death manip.

also, im pretty sure they are going to start with hurricane slash instead of walking over because of the distance.

which does concrete my point even more, demo charges, kills one, uses the last few moments to kill the other two in quick succession

Even I was underestimating the shougun dodging powers, the simulation will be uploaded soon, remenber, this isn't me saing "this is how the battle woulld ocour" sinse the TABS phisics are in the way, but It will work to show how the Shouguns deal with similar oponents

The video is 97% uploaded

Here

I have putted so much damage on It that It can kill basically any unit in the game, so It work great to simulate the death hax
why would you even simulate it in tabs? neither scout nor demo work on those kinda fucky gravity they're on. its like if i mentioned 'well demoman can do this so clearly he just runs over there and taps them all gg ez'

its illogical.

yeah no that still makes about as much sense as sticking a wrench up your ass.

it wasn't even similar opponents, nobody in tabs fights similar to the tf2 mercs so trying to make a comparison in TABS doesn't make sense.
Oh, sorry mr "Demo is a drunk man that would just charge into them and swing It's katana into them"

Yes, They don't have 1 to 1 cops of the Mercs in tabs nor can be made, an exeption is the demo knight, IDK if you even saw the simulation, but, It's basically a guy who charges into the oponent, has enough helth to tank multiple strikes, high atack and movement speed and can one shot the shouguns to simulate the death hax.

And that is bassically the description demo has in this fight, just look the damn thing and you will understand, at least take It as a way to see that they can dodge all demo atacks without much problem instead of just ignoring what is showed

Oh, sorry mr "Demo is a drunk man that would just charge into them and swing It's katana into them"
yeah but he aint gonna fall down and look like the god damn family guy dead pose everytime-
And that is bassically the description demo has in this fight, just look the damn thing and you will understand, at least take It as a way to see that they can dodge all demo atacks without much problem instead of just ignoring what is showed
except for the fact he can dodge, has his grenade launcher, and doesn't have the chance for TABS physics to **** him in the ass.

yeah but he aint gonna fall down and look like the god damn family guy dead pose everytime-
This wan't a factor in most fights... And worked more into thee shouguns disavantage... Also never said he would, .ost of times he fell was from being ataked...
except for the fact he can dodge, has his grenade launcher, and doesn't have the chance for TABS physics to **** him in the ass
Stick launcher, not his granade ones (yes, he has 2 secondaries here) and It is more against him them anything thanks to the shouguns deflection atacks, If he try to use It he will be overwhelmed as said before, and again, you are focusing to much in my "simulated demo" and little in the shouguns

(yes, he has 2 secondaries here)
how dare they? how could they do this? what in ***** name is this sin against god and my left ******* is this? I'm actually going to analyze the wood in your house to dox you just because of this.
Stick launcher, not his granade ones (yes, he has 2 secondaries here) and It is more against him them anything thanks to the shouguns deflection atacks, If he try to use It he will be overwhelmed as said before, and again, you are focusing to much in my "simulated demo" and little in the shouguns
regardless, the stick launcher is used for area denial, and due to the space between them, he can easily put up some sticky grenades in front of himself. and either A) camp them out as that's a viable strategy he can use or B) run in and one-shot them all. both are things he can do but the question is which he actually does, its unknown which he'd go for and both can reasonably kill them

ngl I kinda forgot he had the sticky grenade launcher

regardless, the stick launcher is used for area denial, and due to the space between them, he can easily put up some sticky grenades in front of himself. and either A) camp them out as that's a viable strategy he can use or B) run in and one-shot them all. both are things he can do but the question is which he actually does, its unknown which he'd go for and both can reasonably kill them

ngl I kinda forgot he had the sticky grenade launcher
As said before, they can very reasanable dodge all his atack and counter atack with increadable speeds (remenbering that speed still isn't equalized, so their dashings are still faster) the stick bomb yes z still his best wincon, trough the shouguns can still move around It eithout much problem thanks to their dodge and dash speed (mostly dash)

Last edited:
Back