• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Turtle Masters duke it out

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Master Oogway vs Master Roshi. They battle to see who the greatest turtle master is.

Speed is equal. Oogway's Hero's Chi is restricted, and this is 8-B Roshi, bloodlusted.

Who wins and why?

Master Oogway: 8

Master Roshi:

Inconclusive: 1

Well... This took way longer to get to than expected.

Between the second I.P address I reached this wiki using, to school, to other threads, I just sorta lost track time time I guess ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Well, Oogway has the AP advantage (36 tons to 34 tons) and is pressumably better with pressure points than anyone else in his verse (as in better than Roshi), along with an experience advantadge. Even while being Bloodlusted, I see this as a pretty decisive victory for Oogway

GyroNutz said:
Pretty sure it does. Plus Oogway could reflect the attack or take Roshi out before he uses it.
No it does not. It killed Roshi's master, but Roshi spammed the shit out of Mafuuba in ToP and threatened to use it on Piccolo should the need call for it. Roshi for all intents and purposes is superior to his master and therefore is able to survive the Mafuuba.

The Mafuuba cannot be reflected in the way Oogway does it since it isn't a projectile or something that could realistically be reflected. We've seen how it works and it more just sucks the target into the urn or object. Oogway would have to take Roshi before he attempts the Mafuuba as the moment it starts, Oogway will immediately begin getting sucked into the technique's vortex. We've also seen that AP means jack all to the Mafuuba since it works on opponents WAAAAY out of Roshi's league so it's not like he could out-damage it or something.

Edit: Correction, he did die. Sorry on my part.

Also in what way has Oogway actually shown superior pressure points? Objectively, Tai Lung's version is much more effective since it is basically a 1-shot rather than Oogway's 3 point thingie. And Roshi could also always just force Oogway asleep. Heck, Goku should've stayed down for a couple of days if it weren't for Goku's plot armour powers.

Experience advantage is very iffy as both have stopped actively "Training" themselves; Roshi chilling out in his island and Oogway more living the life of a recluse/meditator rather than an actual fighter.

So basically every reason for Oogway to win against Roshi is questionable and if I'm missing anything from Director's Documentary or something, please shoot it at me because I'm not seeing it.

Shifu taught Tai Lung the pressure points technique, and Shifu learnt everything from Oogway. To say that Tai Lung has superior pressure points is really underestimating Oogway.

Master Oogway literally invented kung-fu, mastered numerous forms of it, wrote and perfected the thousand scrolls of kung-fu, and fought against Kai who actively trained for 500 years. He's known as the greatest kung-fu warrior in history in Kung-Fu Panda, not just in his time.

" To say that Tai Lung has superior pressure points is really underestimating Oogway."

Never said Tai Lung had superior Pressure Points. Only that Oogway used a lesser one on Tai Lung when he displayed it.

"Master Oogway literally invented kung-fu, mastered numerous forms of it, wrote and perfected the thousand scrolls of kung-fu"

Roshi mastered several forms of Combat as well (Including Drunken Fist, known as one of the hardest martial arts to learn), became world-renown and created the Kamehameha (The thing that can blow up the moon?).

" He's known as the greatest kung-fu warrior in history in Kung-Fu Panda, not just in his time."

... So is Roshi?

After Oogway used his pressure point attack, Tai Lung was completely motionless. Compare this to Tai Lung's attack which left Monkey cracking in pain. Oogway's intention wasn't to kill or even fight Tai Lung, he simply wanted to stop him from getting the dragon scroll. Here, he is willing to kill, and is against a comparable opponent.

I still don't see how those experience + skill feats come close to Oogway's, but w/e.

From Roshi's profile: "Intelligence: At his time, the most renowned martial artist in the world."

Btw Oogway got a small buff in AP. He's 52 tons instead of 36 tons now

Back