• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Super Saiyan Speed Multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, so why are regular users are even here? Seems like power abuse. Realistically the people that are knowledgeable about the verse should have more value In thier votes than staff that aren't knowledgeable about the verse.
That's why I suggested that the staff read the opposing side's arguments after they read the OP's arguments to base their judgment on.

Obviously since this is Dragon Ball a lot of staff are gonna outright refuse to engage so...

That's why I suggested that the staff read the opposing side's arguments after they read the OP's arguments to base their judgment on.

Obviously since this is Dragon Ball a lot of staff are gonna outright refuse to engage so...
Aha, so regular users and knowledge people on a verse [doesn't matter which verse] holds less power than staff that happen don't know anything about the verse......
Isn't this just stupid? It all drops to the point an upgrade [no matter how legitimate it is] can be shut down by two staff that don't know anything about the verse....huh, quite fascinating.

Aha, so regular users and knowledge people on a verse [doesn't matter which verse] holds less power than staff that happen don't know anything about the verse......
Isn't this just stupid? It all drops to the point an upgrade [no matter how legitimate it is] can be shut down by two staff that don't know anything about the verse....huh, quite fascinating.
This is a normal CRT so it's prolly the opposite, if only staff opinion mattered it would be a Staff-only thread.

Why is this being ignored or has it already been brought up?
"Note: It has been stated numerous times across various sources in the series that a larger ki means greater statistics -- statistics such as strength[1] and overall power[2], speed[3], aerial capabilities[4], destructive capacity[4], and defense[4]."
It's so blatantly stated that an increase in battle power is an increase in ki, and an increase in ki increases all statistics.
"By controlling all the ki in your body... and amlify it... if you control it right, your power speed everything suddenly just go zoom."
By looking at this kaioken statement and how it works, kaioken increases all stats linearly, and it does by controlling ki, it also linearly increases power level. This proves that increasing ki means increasing all stats linearly as well as power level. Guess what also linearly increases power level?
main-qimg-6482b6d5d5adeb1045cbc45cccef6cbe

Any increase in one statistic would automatically scale to all the other statistics linearly.

This is a normal CRT so it's prolly the opposite, if only staff opinion mattered it would be a Staff-only thread.
Well, most knowledgeable people on the verse 99% of them disagreed plus one staff disagrees [who happens to be knowledgeable about it] against one staff that's knowledgeable and the others aren't.
And the odds doesn't seem to be in our favour .

"Note: It has been stated numerous times across various sources in the series that a larger ki means greater statistics -- statistics such as strength[1] and overall power[2], speed[3], aerial capabilities[4], destructive capacity[4], and defense[4]."
It's so blatantly stated that an increase in battle power is an increase in ki, and an increase in ki increases all statistics.
"By controlling all the ki in your body... and amlify it... if you control it right, your power speed everything suddenly just go zoom."
By looking at this kaioken statement and how it works, kaioken increases all stats linearly, and it does by controlling ki, it also linearly increases power level. This proves that increasing ki means increasing all stats linearly as well as power level. Guess what also linearly increases power level?

Any increase in one statistic would automatically scale to all the other statistics linearly.
I agree, also doesn't the statements about SSJ says "it increases the battle power 50x that's of a normal saiyan" or something like that ?

Which guidebook is this from?

Walks in thread
Sees that the reasoning for this downgrade is mental gymnastics and has already been proved wrong countless times
I sleep

In all seriousness, I disagree with this thread for the reasons Stefano and others have given. It's a much bigger assumption to say that SSJ doesn't increase speed by 50x than it is to say it does.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we see this kind of thing with Gohan vs Cell? Gohan was getting blitzed and having his shit rocked at first but when he went SSJ2, he blitzed Cell back. Then again, I haven't read the manga (I've only watched the anime), so I could be wrong.

I sleep

In all seriousness, I disagree with this thread for the reasons Stefano and others have given. It's a much bigger assumption to say that SSJ doesn't increase speed by 50x than it is to say it does.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we see this kind of thing with Gohan vs Cell? Gohan was getting blitzed and having his shit rocked at first but when he went SSJ2, he blitzed Cell back. Then again, I haven't read the manga (I've only watched the anime), so I could be wrong.
Yeah he was blitzing and one shotting Cell Jr and was kinda bullying cell

In the manga Gohan doesn't suffer quite as much as in the anime, but it's clear that Cell have the edge on him

just... stop calling staff that aren't even going to bother to read the thread.

Like what's the point in counting their votes if they're just going to walk in and say "idk what this is, but this looks fine" without even bothering to look at 2 pages worth of arguments 💀

I'm neutral tbh. Both sides have good arguments and I'm not really knowledgeable to give a fair judgement.

I am not knowledgeable on the franchise, but I can see where the OP is coming from and it seems reasonable.
WTF, how is this valid? Calling staff members that admitedly don't know anything about Dragon Ball and count their "votes" as if they mean something...

Edit: i apologize @Colonel_Krukov, i admit my comment was unnecesarily hostile

Last edited:
WTF, how is this valid? Calling staff members that admitedly don't know anything about Dragon Ball and count their "votes" as if they mean something...
relax, nothing is wrong with remaining neutral. what would be worse would be giving an uneducated opinion that could be contradicted for all he knows

Why people got to be antagonistic for no reason? Like, why is the first thing to laugh at my opinion and also claim I don't bother to look at the thread.

You don't know what it's like having to deal with irl problems and work on here as a hobby, only for people to treat (a staff member no less) like I'm not doing my job right, or just laugh at my opinion. I'm sorry if I can't bring much to help out, but at least be respectful...

Why people got to be antagonistic for no reason? Like, why is the first thing to laugh at my opinion and also claim I don't bother to look at the thread.

You don't know what it's like having to deal with irl problems and work on here as a hobby, only for people to treat (a staff member no less) like I'm not doing my job right, or just laugh at my opinion. I'm sorry if I can't bring much to help out, but at least be respectful...
This. We're antagonizing for no reason here.

Just... calm down, take a breather, and kindly ask the staff to check both sides of the coin thoroughly before giving any input. That's all.

Yeah, let's not antagonize people, please. They're allowed to express their opinions, regardless of which alignment, as much as others are. If you don't like it, then you don't. If you like it, then you do. That's that.

I get that the whole multiplier thing can lead to inflated results, especially with speed but that's completely unrelated to whether SSJ's multiplier is legit or not, hard disagree with OP, SSJ is so blatantly 50x everything, including speed, for the reasons stated already and more, from the whole Frieza thing to just basic narrative and basic comprehension and implication of statements. I can not in good conscience not toss my disagreement here.

We have scans that shows goku going from getting blitz by 50% frieza to being slightly above 100% frieza via going ssj....we have statements that states that ssj increases your battle power by 50x...
I'm still failing how someone can say no to this-

In any case, I contacted the remaining supporters on the DB page that are Staff members, namely DemonGod, UchihaSlayer and Elizhaa. Since everyone else seems to have given their two cents.

Let me ask you this way. What is the proof / counter arguments that SSJ doesn't increase your speed 50x? The burden of proof is on the other side

Most of those slower examples were due to having weak minds compared to their opponents not that they were physically incapable of moving at such speeds. Ginyu example was just knowing how to make use of Goku's Ki flight, but he didn't know how to make use of his Ki to amp muscles for strong punches and toughness. Though, it's hint of 90,000 Goku being faster than Ginyu. Watagash just drifts and doesn't really use Ki flight. Ozaru is a weird transformation that only multiplies strength and not speed. And Dyspo isn't that weak, he's still comparable to various 3-As and strong enough to knock around Hit. And his speed is very technique specific; he has a technique that amps his speed 1000x over for a few seconds.

Anyway, yes PL's aren't linear in itself, and there are examples of A being faster but B being stronger. But that's usually only among characters roughly in the same ballpark. But two characters using the exact same fighting style does grow stronger and faster linearly upon gaining PL.

Ginyu, in Goku's body, was faster than base Ginyu despite only having a power level of 23,000. Keep in mind, base Ginyu has a power level of 120,000.
Goku-Ginyu was injured and did not even attempt to follow them as they sped off.
Unless you were referring to the off-hand comment Ginyu made, which means little to nothing.
Goku was kicking Kefla into mountains and into the air with ease. What gave you the impression that Kefla was "physically stronger" than him? And even then, Kefla leapt towards him from another mountain. He had ample time to react and outmaneuver her.
Outmaneuvered, not outsped.
He is capable of evading an attack he saw from miles away and getting tagged by an opponent with far less mobility than him.
Not only is Goku shown here being slammed and dragged across the ground and coming out unscathed, but all he did was step back when she threw punching at him.
Toppo was standing still.
He also does not employ Ki Control.
Dyspo exists. Weak as hell but fast as **** BOI!
Dyspo smacked up Hit, tussled with Godku, and nearly defeated Ultimate Gohan and Golden Frieza. "Weak as hell?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back