• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the question is simple.

Doctor Strange was never ever regarded as the Sorcerer Supreme during IW. That said, I suppose his powers should scale to the actual 700 years old Sorcerer Supreme.

The reason why is quite simple: she's, by all standards, far more skilled than Doctor Strange. Since he's no Sorcerer Supreme yet, it's hard to assume he's overcome her so quickly.

Also, her profile already scaler her to Strange in AP, but not powers.

OK, I realize she would not in-character use any of the abilities Strange's used in combat, but it's unlikely for her to not have them. After all, she "Had access to, and likely read every book of magic contained in Kamar-Taj's library, including ancient and advanced tomes which would make a lesser mage go insane upon trying to read it. Was not afraid to step beyond the boundaries of her own teachings, and explore esoteric, forbidden and dark schools of magic to further increase her abilities" (Ancient One's intelligence section).

Even if Strange was given time to read every book, and assuming he has already studied and mastered every way of magic the Ancient One knew, he wouldn't have surpassed her knowledge still.

My proposal's also quite simple: add Strange's power to the Ancient One's profile, even if she wouldn't use it in character (bloodlust's still a thing). After all, we add non combat-applicable powers to the profiles too, don't we?

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but you should ask Spino and Matthew to comment here.

That seems fine, but you still need to ask for input first.

Okay. Should I unlock the page for editing?

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

I have unlocked both Doctor Strange and The Ancient One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back