• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sailor Moon Anime deserves profiles.

Hello, I'm hoping to explain why the Sailor Moon anime deserves to be tiered along with the Manga.

Okay, the Sailor Moon anime is extremely well known. Even more so than the manga actually. And in most vs battles, the Sailor Moon anime is used rather than the manga. I think it would be helpful to include it aswell.

The Sailor Moon anime is totaly different from the manga. To the point its another story almost. Also, the power levels in the anime are very different from the manga. You would'nt be able to say Anime Sailor Moon is as strong as Manga Sailor Moon.

Non canon profiles aren't allowed here afaik. Only a few composite verse and dragon ball GT are exceptions

Why is the Sailor Moon anime any different? Its Non-canon but well known enough to be considered needed.

Same reason dragon ball, naruto, one piece anime are not made. You can ask the admins, I doubt this will be accepted. But good luck

I understand. I'm currently rewatching the anime, so I will have a lookout for possible feats.

IIRC the big stuff is:

Silver Crystal is stated to be a planet-destroyer (all over the place)

Silver Crystal warps reality on planetary scale (End of Season 1)

Senshi basically tank energy that was going to lifewipe the entire earth, Moon easily counters it (End of Season 2)

Fodder Daimon is as strong as beginning of season 3 Silver Crystal (Beginning of season 3)

A bunch of cosmic level stuff with Pharaoh 90 (End of Season 3)

Super Sailor Senshi survive the Full Power of the Golden Crystal which is supposedly Star-Bursting (near the End of Season 4)

Sailor Galaxia and Sailor Starlights fight across the galaxy creating explosions much larger then star systems (near the End of Season 5)

Metalia and Nehelenia both also have eclipse feats IIRC

If you are including the movies then you can also add

Xenian flower gives it's user the ability to destroy planets and it can tank the epicenter of planetary explosions. The Silver Crystal casually destroys it (R-Movie)

Super Sailor Moon with the power of most of the other Senshi destroys a comet thing they keep calling a star (S-Movie)

Super Sailor Moon and Super Sailor Chibi-Moon destroy this thing that they keep calling a Black Hole but doesn't act like a Black Hole (Super-S Movie)

I see. I will begin work on the profiles with that in knowledge, and upgrade them based on feats I find within the anime after rewatching it.

If wanted I can get citation for any of that. Make sure that it's alright first. Versus wiki has a policy about non-canon stuff

Oh, yes, the citation would be needed. And ofcourse, a big reason I think this is needed is because of how much more well known the anime is than the manga.

Pharaoh 90 is as big as a galaxy. Also I believe he becomes a living pocket universe. Cause the space he's from expands from just a tiny egg into a large area with multple galaxies. He's shown inside the dimension to be as big as the galaxies. When he's ready to come out he expands and fills the entire space.

IkaniL said:
And in most vs battles, the Sailor Moon anime is used rather than the manga. I think it would be helpful to include it aswell.

I'm sure not. Anime is known but not many people are actually very familiar with it.

As far as I know, the old TV series probably has more feats and it's basically a completely different storyline than the manga. I personally do not see major problems with profiles.

DarkLK said:
IkaniL said:
And in most vs battles, the Sailor Moon anime is used rather than the manga. I think it would be helpful to include it aswell.
I'm sure not. Anime is known but not many people are actually very familiar with it.

As far as I know, the old TV series probably has more feats and it's basically a completely different storyline than the manga. I personally do not see major problems with profiles.It
Does this mean you're okay with profiles for the anime version being made?

Alrighty. Btw, can I upgrade the SM Verse page with universe category? Since the Manga for sure has several universes within it.

Nephillim99 said:
What do you mean by that?
I've noticed that some Verse pages list the amount of Universes within the Verse if there are multiple. I was just thinking Sailor Moon might need the same.

Antvasima said:
Here are our policies for alternative canon profiles:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Alternative_Canon_and_Composite_Profiles

I am always extremely busy with lots of different tasks, so I do not remember them so well, but I think that we allow them as long as they are different enough, and have a distinctive storyline.
Yes. The anime should qualify for gaining profiles with how much more well known it is. And the massive differences between it and the Manga. The power levels are even more different aswell.

I can link you to pages of the wiki that explain this if needed.

Well, I think that it can probably be allowed. To quote from the above linked regulation page:

"The key issue overall is notability/relevance. If a spin-off version of a character is very popular, prominent, and distinctive from the original, with a sufficient number of feats or descriptions to scale from, it can generally be featured.

However, if it is obscure, does not have enough of a distinctive story to even qualify as a separate character (such as if it originates within a fighting game), and very limited information to scale the statistics from, it should likely not be featured."

However, you should probably start a content revision thread regarding the statistics first, and the staff is currently extremely busy with a massive striking strength revision project.

Antvasima said:
Well, I think that it can probably be allowed. To quote from the above linked regulation page:
"The key issue overall is notability/relevance. If a spin-off version of a character is very popular, prominent, and distinctive from the original, with a sufficient number of feats or descriptions to scale from, it can generally be featured.

However, if it is obscure, does not have enough of a distinctive story to even qualify as a separate character (such as if it originates within a fighting game), and very limited information to scale the statistics from, it should likely not be featured."

However, you should probably start a content revision thread regarding the statistics first, and the staff is currently extremely busy with a massive striking strength revision project.
I see. Can I begin with simply starting the thread in order for others to share their opinions on this? I noticed there are several other knowledgable Sailor Moon fans who could help out.

You could, yes, but it is a very bad time for the staff to help out much.

Antvasima said:
You could, yes, but it is a very bad time for the staff to help out much.
I understand. I simply desire to see the input of other fans on adding in the animes profiles.

It would perhaps be easier to make anime-exclusive characters first. I was about to make a few such as ones from the movies and game-exclusives but even then there is a lot of plot conveniences to reliably scale off from. Probably the games (such as Another Story) will you be able to dig up legit multiversal feats I am certain.

In Another Story there is the Tower of Time which IIRC contains all timelines and not only does the boss Apsu shake and crumble the thing, but in her stronger Form Demon Apsu she actually replaces the whole thing.

Back