• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Personally, I do kind of think there's a larger version of Asgard, but not in the way you're suggesting, or at least not in a way that applies to 616 Thor. More like how Darkseid has a godhead.

That isn't really proof. It just means that certain objects are vessels of Asgard's power. Asgardians themselves aren't put under the same category.

It's from Ultimates. I've seen it.

Personally, I do kind of think there's a larger version of Asgard, but not in the way you're suggesting, or at least not in a way that applies to 616 Thor. More like how Darkseid has a godhead.

It's from Ultimates. I've seen it.
Yes exactly. I am not saying there exists somekind of thor that is infinite dimensional or anything.

Also in some older comics Asgardians are stated to be formless beings. But again, hard to find the scans for that era of comics.

Formless beings is also a modern concept. They exist in the form of energy, shaped by the ideas of living things (i.e humans) in a weird atemporal way.

Formless beings is also a modern concept. They exist in the form of energy, shaped by the ideas of living things (i.e humans) in a weird atemporal way.
It's not really modern. In the original of the god eater it was explained how gods were created from the energy of the dead elder gods and shaped by human mind.

That's why I said also. I was referring to 'in some older comics'.

It's been a thing since at least the 70s, to my knowledge.

Isn't there a comic where Adam Warlock with Living Tribunal's power destroys Eternity just by waking up or something?

@ByAsura
Toaa>tiamut (after gaining freedom)>Never queen>Nyx>fallen stars>tiger god>pheonix force>The beyonders>oblivion>eternity>logos=living tribunal>infinity>death>order=chaos>most celestials>Galactus>=in-betweener>dormammu>=skyfathers=Hell lords>=watchers

Thoughts on my marvel cosmic ranking

TLT is definitely above Eternity (whether universal or multiversal), and Infinity is equal to Eternity.

Eternity can't go into the Outside because he's the abstract personification of something that's not in the Outside.

She didn't make time as a whole, she gives birth to moments in time via probability. There'd still be time if she were around, but it wouldn't have infinite branches.

Eternity can't go into the Outside because he's the abstract personification of something that's not in the Outside.

She didn't make time as a whole, she gives birth to moments in time via probability. There'd still be time if she were around, but it wouldn't have infinite branches.
That's fair but even than never queen should still be above eternity since beyonder is above it (arguably)

I'd personally rank them as roughly equal in both the Seventh and Eighth Cosmos (since she was also destroyed and reformatted when the Incursions got rid of the concept of probability).

She's an outside part of the cosmic hierarchy, but equally important, and quite literally a former version of Eternity.

I'd personally rank them as roughly equal in both the Seventh and Eighth Cosmos (since she was also destroyed and reformatted when the Incursions got rid of the concept of probability).

She's an outside part of the cosmic hierarchy, but equally important, and quite literally a former version of Eternity.
Yeah that's true

She's also atm seen as a face of reality along with eternity and griever

What should we do with Mangog getting killed in the sun and Mjolnir destroyed in the sun?

I think for Mangog we can just say he has very bad heat and fire resistance but we seen Mjolnir in the sun multiple times so i'm not sure what's up with that though.

The second scan is four variations of Thor performing a God Blast, which already scales to Odin-level characters. This is why it only lasts for a few seconds.

Thor killed Exitar with Jarnbjorn, which is specifically enchanted to pierce through the armour of Celestials that he can hardly scratch normally. This is meaningless in terms of AP for even Jarnbjorn itself, and utterly illogical when even God Blasts can't harm opponents on the level of a Fourth Host Celestial (whom Exitar is far, far superior to).

Last edited:
Thor killed Exitar with Jarnbjorn, which is specifically enchanted to pierce through the armour of Celestials that he can hardly scratch normally. This is meaningless in terms of AP for even Jarnbjorn itself, and utterly illogical when even God Blasts can't harm opponents on the level of a Fourth Host Celestial (whom Exitar is far, far superior to).
I was referring to the old comic where he killed Exitar.
And to be fair tho, Jarnbjorn was amped by thor's blood.

Firstly, what Thor actually did was make a small breech in Exitar's armour and perform a God Blast on his brain. It's telling that a God Blast was needed in the first place.

Secondly, just piercing their armour isn't necessarily that impressive when they're not defending themselves. The armour is just a container for their hyperspace forms, and pretty consistently gets pierced by beings far lesser than Celestials.

And lastly, I'm sorry, but it's a major outlier for Thor to have even scratched his armour in the first place. Exitar would mollywop the Fourth Host, and we've seen how that showdown went for Thor. Plus, even an amped Sentry that stomped Thor wouldn't have been able to harm Exitar.

It wasn't amped, it was enchanted, and a normal blow still has the same impact on a non-Celestial. This is like saying the Winchesters from Supernatural are 2-A because their blood was used in a ritual to kill God. Like why would something 'amped' by Thor be able to harm an opponent that Thor couldn't harm?

Last edited:
Not one that I can find. But I have two possible alternatives.

A) the writer has stupid brain.

B) the writer had like 5 minutes to wrap up the story, and just went '**** it, it's not real.'

Back