• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Let's calm down on the Tom Brevoort angle.

Anyway, to me personally, it doesn't matter if they're friendly, idealistic or hopeful.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like them if they're done right (Captain America Vol 3 is a good example). I suppose I gravitate towards the more sci-fi, fantasy (as in Silver Surfer and Galactus kind of fantasy, not Marvel in general) and arcane side of Marvel, which can include a lot of dystopia/dystopic elements.
Okay. That is obviously perfectly fine. I do not think that morbid and dystopian fiction is healthy for humanity as a whole though.

Anyway, we should skip any further Tom Brevoort discussion, yes.

Let’s just say ant that marvel has made plenty of fanon discontinuity things.

what I’m saying is, it’s canon. But these things are so bad that we might as well just pretend it’s not there.

Well, satire is not a valid argument in any case. It is usually simply used as offhanded demoralising straw man propaganda, and Seth McFarlane seems to be a horrible conceited, amoral, hollow, corrupted, spoiled, and gleefully sadistic human being going by his works.

Ant it’s Just like how I will always believe that quicksilver and Scarlet witch will always be the children of magneto even if marvel retconned it.

I really hate that retcon,

Okay. Never mind. I will shut up now then. I am just not at all a fan of people who only seem capable of spreading venomous, morbid, and corrupt destruction through their works in general.

Has Jason Aaron managed to get Thor's arm cut off again, due to being so in love with his nihilistic and dystopian alternative future, and its hollow and awful characters?

Because most of the writers seem to want everybody else to be indoctrinated with as awful mentalities as they have, in order to justify themselves rather than try to shape up their attitudes.

Because most of the writers seem to want everybody else to be indoctrinated with as awful mentalities as they have, in order to justify themselves rather than try to shape up their attitudes.
Sounds like the things are getting stale now and creativity is dying/getting sterile

since they’d rather do that then something new and better

Well, again, Al Ewing's two Defenders miniseries were both great, well-researched, and imaginative, and culminated several years of what he built up with his work in Marvel Comics, but naturally another writer retconned much of it a few months later in Avengers Beyond, since Marvel's editorial department barely even seems to try to keep things somewhat coherent anymore.

Well, again, Al Ewing's two Defenders miniseries were both great, well-researched, and imaginative, and culminated several years of what he built up with his work in Marvel Comics, but naturally another writer retconned much of it a few months later in Avengers Beyond, since Marvel's editorial department barely even seems to try to keep things somewhat coherent anymore.
Retcon it, well it’s comics ant, they’ll always retcon things and maintain the status quo.

Yes, and I can endure the incoherence up to a point, but once it all turns into such complete chaos that it almost comes across as dadaism to me, it has considerably passed that point.

Yes, and I can endure the incoherence up to a point, but once it all turns into such complete chaos that it almost comes across as dadaism to me, it has considerably passed that point.
There needs some more quality control in marvel.

people can’t just be allowed to write whatever they want.

honestly when did marvel start to decline anyway

They are collectively helping to corrupt and destroy the world in the process though, so I have extremely low respect for people who deliberately only tear down (and worsen the Kali Yuga) rather than build something constructive.

superman vs the elites and the comic about it explored the issue nicely a shame its been ignored even if it was from dc
Yes. It is one of my favourite comic book stories of all time. It is possible that the new DC movie verse will build up to such a conflict between Superman and The Authority.

Back