• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Among many other things, he turned everything and everybody darker and edgier, made Spider-Man make a deal with Mephisto, and greatly lessened the focus on coherent continuity for the editorial department.

Not as far as I know. He resigned recently though.

Also, he was extremely rude and crude to Paul Lewitz, and bullied Peter David to extremes for a very minor freedom of speech issue. He seems like a narcissistic, and completely irresponsible juvenile asshole.

Last edited:
He died a few years back, and was apparently plagued by extremely ruthless opportunistic parasites towards the end of his life.

One of them literally sold his blood for money, and another accused him of sexual harrassment despite that he was far too old and frail for that to ever have worked for practical reasons (she was much stronger than him physically).

He did not seem to die in peace but in pain after the death of his wife. It was very sad. 😔

He died a few years back, and was apparently plagued by extremely ruthless opportunistic parasites towards the end of his life. He did not seem to die in peace but in pain after the death of his wife. It was very sad. 😔
As long as we remember Stan he’ll never die. He’ll only truly die when the marvel company fails and is forgotten.

Because Ant

authors may die but the memories and their beautiful Works they worked so hard on will live on forever in the minds of the people.

I do not remember their names anymore. My apologies. You might find them in old Bleeding Cool article archives though.
That’s okay and thanks for telling me where I could find it.

Also one last thing for Stan, Ant

C1-E0-B832-D856-4116-B5-FA-FA5981-CDED35.jpg

Supposedly sales figures were terrible near the beginning, but really popped off after issue 30.

Idk after that.

Al Ewing, and that's pretty much it.

Jonathan Hickman and Kieron Gillen have technical skills but horrible dystopian, morbid, and amoral values instilled into their works.

Donny Cates' Thor run was occasionally entertaining, but the power levels were all over the place.

Let's be honest, there's dozens of good writers on Marvel right now.

Marvel is just way too big for anyone but the biggest fan to read everything.

I also think Donny Cates is pretty good (Silver Surfer: Black was god tier), for example. But half of you probably have no idea who that is.

This was fast
w650

Is Captain Marvel seeling so well? A new run starts right after Kelly's end
I think that her comic book has been restarted more frequently than any other Marvel Comics comic book over the years, since Marvel's movie division really really wants to promote her as the strongest and bestest (and most bland, pointless, and boring) superhero ever.

I also think Donny Cates is pretty good (Silver Surfer: Black was god tier), for example. But half of you probably have no idea who that is.
Yeah but does marvel good quality control

I disagree from everything I have seen, but I mostly like the more coherent, nostalgic, and friendly old stuff.

Anyway, Dan Slott's She-Hulk comic book was pretty awesome, so he has skills when he really tries, but Tom Brevoort apparently continuously bullies him, and Dan is not doing fun comic books nowadays.

Last edited:
I guess that's where we disagree. I prefer the more experimental stuff.
Well, I am a far left libertarian. I do not particularly mind disagreements, but will usually speak my mind about my own views, and do not like when others try to twist them into something far worse than what was intended.

I remember you have talked to this guy before.

also this sounds like Tom is a jerk
Tom is a major twofaced jerk, yes. He has even personally insulted me a few times in the past, and went to completely overboard exaggerated extremes in his sheer venomous intensity in that regard. Although I was admittedly much more confused and unbalanced back then than I am currently.

Oh yes, and he out of nowhere tried to publicly humiliate his own son in front of tens of thousands of Twitter followers because they politically disagree with each other. That seems like perfectly sensible behaviour...

Yes. I personally prefer comics that are friendly, idealistic, hopeful, reasonably logically coherent, and non-political.

I just meant that left libertarians don't tend to be politically authoritarian and intolerant.

Tom is a major twofaced jerk, yes. He has even personally insulted me a few times in the past, and went to completely overboard exaggerated extremes in his sheer venomous intensity in that regard.

Oh yes, and he out of nowhere tried to publicly humiliate his own son in front of tens of thousands of Twitter followers because they politically disagree with each other. That seems like perfectly sensible behaviour... (sarcasm) FTFY
Humiliating his own son.

that sounds extremely petty. Something very childish to do

what did you do to him for him to be so venomously insulting to you, this seems to be the kind of guy who seriously overacts to anything/let’s his emotions get in the way, can’t take criticism, believes he can do no wrong/better than everyone else, and etc.

I feel like ant, there’s a special place in hell for guys like him.

Let's calm down on the Tom Brevoort angle.

Anyway, to me personally, it doesn't matter if they're friendly, idealistic or hopeful.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like them if they're done right (Captain America Vol 3 is a good example). But I suppose I gravitate towards the more sci-fi, fantasy (as in Silver Surfer and Galactus kind of fantasy, not Marvel in general) and arcane side of Marvel, which can include a lot of dystopia/dystopic elements.

Eh. He is nowhere near bad enough to deserve hell. He just completely lost his composure and started hysterically yelling at and accuse me for all sorts of extremely horrible things just because I sent him links to a few articles I had read recently and that had contents that worried me that had some sort of conservative bent, as a response to some very politically out there comic book story that Marvel Comics had released at the time. It might have been the one with Captain America as a Nazi that I had just read, but I likely misremember.

Mind you, I have changed my mind a lot since back then, and am also far less unbalanced and confused in general, but nevertheless, Tom could have handled it a lot better.

Eh. He is nowhere near bad enough to deserve hell. He just completely lost his composure and started hysterically yelling at and accuse me for all sorts of extremely horrible things just because I sent him links to a few articles I had read recently and that had contents that worried me that had some sort of conservative bent, as a response to some very politically out there comic book story that Marvel Comics had released at the time. It might have been the one with Captain America as a Nazi that I had just read, but I likely misremember.

Mind you, I have changed my mind a lot since back then, and am also far less unbalanced and confused in general, but nevertheless, Tom could have handled it a lot better.
Understandable ant

Back