• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Real World Discussion Thread

Yo guys, I'm trying a little click bait here. Is this match title good for gathering attention?

excuse me i know it would belong in the real world discussion but can make a thread specifically about dinosaurs?

Blue whale is the strongest animal alive today but what is the strongest animal of all time?
Dang, you're back.

And what happened to your discord? Some hacker was just trying to scam me with an "accidental report".

On your question, depends on how you measure strength. In terms of raw power, Blue Whale and Perucetus Colossus are high contenders.

Dominance? The human race.

excuse me i know it would belong in the real world discussion but can make a thread specifically about dinosaurs?
vvv
This thread is for talking about things that exist in the Real World such as guns, swords, improvised weapons, flying machines, things designed to explode, things that were not designed to explode but did anyway, things with bones, things without bones, things so small they're probably living in bones, things that look alive but don't count, and things that also look alive but also don't count.

Scan request (IRL Animals Calcs)​

Rules​

• Make sure they follow these regulations for credible IRL source.
  • Only calcs with enough information for a doable calc may be done on it.
  • Not all sections have to be filled or calced if a specific piece of information needed for the calc to be done can't be found.
    • Note that all the calcs here are primarily for AP.
  • Making the calcs for me is optional, but help is appeciated.
  • Average sizes for these animals only unless specified
Spoiler: List
forgot to bump this.

So uhh... This could be added to the list of calcs to be evaluated: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Blue_Whale_GPE
I know I'm no calc group member, but this would set a weird example among the rest of the type 0-1 large-sized animals (and potentially more calcs of aquatic fictional characters of similar size).

The main point of large size calcs is to determine how strong X entity is based on how much their body's legs supports their weight against X solid surface.

This, however is a vastly different case.
  • The weight remains the same in this circumstance.
  • Unlike the Peruvutus Colossus (or however you spell that name), the whale isn't pushing against something solid. It's effectively using buoyancy instead to fight it's weight from sinking in the water.
If we want accurate scaling on the blue whale, we could just... upscale from the sperm whale since they're both whales, and the blue whale is larger. This calc sounds like something that should be in the calc group discussion thread.

So uhh... This could be added to the list of calcs to be evaluated: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Blue_Whale_GPE
I mean... KE still COULD be included since they COULD move relatively quick in a sense (about speeds comparable to a slow car), not sure if they've ever used it to defensively ram threats though:

"The traveling speed for blue whales ranges from 5–30 kilometers per hour (3.1–18.6 mph)." (which is 8.3333... m/s at max)
"In March 2014, a commercial whale watch boat operator recorded an incident involving a group of orcas harassing a blue whale in Monterey Bay. The blue whale defended itself by slapping its tail."

(granted, just after that sentence there's another account of orcas killing an 18-22m long blue whale, but still worth mentioning)

So, using the travelling speed and the max mass for blue whales (173 to 199 tonnes)... 1/2 x 173000 or 199000 x 8.333 = 720804.5 to 829133.5 joules aka 7.208045x10^5 to 8.291335x10^5 joules... which yeah still puts them at lower end of 9-B Wall level so honestly there's not much difference but no idea how fast or heavy the whale's tail slap is so welp.

I mean... KE still COULD be included since they COULD move relatively quick in a sense (about speeds comparable to a slow car), not sure if they've ever used it to defensively ram threats though:

"The traveling speed for blue whales ranges from 5–30 kilometers per hour (3.1–18.6 mph)." (which is 8.3333... m/s at max)
"In March 2014, a commercial whale watch boat operator recorded an incident involving a group of orcas harassing a blue whale in Monterey Bay. The blue whale defended itself by slapping its tail."

(granted, just after that sentence there's another account of orcas killing an 18-22m long blue whale, but still worth mentioning)

So, using the travelling speed and the max mass for blue whales (173 to 199 tonnes)... 1/2 x 173000 or 199000 x 8.333 = 720804.5 to 829133.5 joules aka 7.208045x10^5 to 8.291335x10^5 joules... which yeah still puts them at lower end of 9-B Wall level so honestly there's not much difference but no idea how fast or heavy the whale's tail slap is so welp.
It's supposed to be a standard on-site to only scale animals to their KE if they're made to and frequently use it.

The blue whale isn't Moby Dick by any stretch. It's head would get destroyed if it rammed itself to an immovable wall at full speed.

I know I'm no calc group member, but this would set a weird example among the rest of the type 0-1 large-sized animals (and potentially more calcs of aquatic fictional characters of similar size).

The main point of large size calcs is to determine how strong X entity is based on how much their body's legs supports their weight against X solid surface.

This, however is a vastly different case.
  • The weight remains the same in this circumstance.
  • Unlike the Peruvutus Colossus (or however you spell that name), the whale isn't pushing against something solid. It's effectively using buoyancy instead to fight it's weight from sinking in the water.
If we want accurate scaling on the blue whale, we could just... upscale from the sperm whale since they're both whales, and the blue whale is larger. This calc sounds like something that should be in the calc group discussion thread.
By the way, speaking of calcs, are we allowed to use pain scales as evidence for Pain Manipulation for various creatures?

https://paindom.fandom.com/wiki/Pain_Scale (Kings Of Pain scale)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale (chilli pepper and other substance spiciness/pungency rating)

It's supposed to be a standard on-site to only scale animals to their KE if they're made to and frequently use it.

The blue whale isn't Moby Dick by any stretch. It's head would get destroyed if it rammed itself to an immovable wall at full speed.
Makes sense, though I was not fully sure about its ramming capability or durability, other than being hunted by both orcas and humans with harpoons and other weapons/tools.

Did anyone see the composite human feat?
Which feat?
By the way, speaking of calcs, are we allowed to use pain scales as evidence for Pain Manipulation for various creatures?

https://paindom.fandom.com/wiki/Pain_Scale (Kings Of Pain scale)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale (chilli pepper and other substance spiciness/pungency rating)
The problem with pain is that it's a very subjective experience and everyone has a different tolerance to it.

Pain resistance should be judged by common sense.

Which feat?

The problem with pain is that it's a very subjective experience and everyone has a different tolerance to it.

Pain resistance should be judged by common sense.
I was gonna say, isn't poison manip (since pain is usually caused by envenomation in insect stings) completely unrelated to durability anyway?

Uhh... Can someone give me a crash course on how our perception guidelines work again?:

Because this is one of those videos that make me forget.

1: he's aim dodging

2: reactions and perceptions rely on time unlike distance/time for regular speeds. There is a reason why I said Superhuman perceivable speed to the Humboldt squid's 2 m/s attack speed.

I feel like dolphins are in that middle zone between having the level of conscience required to devise elaborate plans and tactics (for the better or the worse) but also being controlled by their selfish instincts, which causes them to do devious and outright cruel things.

934.png

Apparently, The Human Race might just have access to limited resurrection. This is a pretty controversial experiment, so read at your own risk:

A scientist named Sergei Brukhonenko ran an experiment with a machine to test organism revival. He decapitated a few wolves, and then hooked these heads up to the machine, which sent oxygenated blood into them. Eventually, they seemed to show response to touch and noise. The heads didn't seem to be moving out of pure muscle memory, but instead were seemingly alive due to the blood supply. Still, they only survived for a few days (proof here).

Last edited:
Apparently, The Human Race might just have access to limited resurrection. This is a pretty controversial experiment, so read at your own risk:

A scientist named Sergei Brukhonenko ran an experiment with a machine to test organism revival. He decapitated a few wolves, and then hooked these heads up to the machine, which sent oxygenated blood into them. Eventually, they seemed to show response to touch and noise. The heads didn't seem to be moving out of pure muscle memory, but instead were seemingly alive due to the blood supply. They remained active for at least a few hours before dying, and this blood-pumping machine seemed to work on hearts as well. (proof here).
Okay... Apparently that's possible. Then again, they tried that before but with electricity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanism

Although does it count as resurrection if the body is just going apeshit?:

Apparently, The Human Race might just have access to resurrection. This is a pretty controversial experiment, so read at your own risk:

A scientist named Sergei Brukhonenko ran an experiment with a machine to test organism revival. He decapitated a few wolves, and then hooked these heads up to the machine, which sent oxygenated blood into them. Eventually, they seemed to show response to touch and noise. The heads didn't seem to be moving out of pure muscle memory, but instead were seemingly alive due to the blood supply. They remained active for at least a few hours before dying, and this blood-pumping machine even managed to bring a non-decapitated yet clinically dead dog back to its regular state as if nothing had happened (proof here).
Last time I checked on one of the CRTs on the human race, the human race's abilities should be a general capability of what each nation should be able to do on average. The main reason why is to not give out composite human vibes. Even though in a sense, we're in a canonical human race via time and history. And our human race isn't a contradictory mismash of everything.

Once the composite+general/average nation capability issue I pointed out in the last paragraph is resolved. We can decide if we should CRT the human race like this.

I don't think simply making the body move independently counts as resurrection. Some animals, like fish, keep moving out of pure muscle memory, even after being clearly deceased or even skinned to death. That machine that revived the canines pretty much functions as an artificial body that uses lungs and a supply of blood to keep the body not just moving, but also alive.

Last edited:
This machine used in the experiments I was talking about is called the Autojektor, and is actually something called a heart-lung machine. Heart-lung machines are also known as cardiopulmonary bypass, and are actually a very familiar tool used in hospitals around the whole world. By sending oxygenated blood into the body, it temporarily replaces the job of the heart when it needs to be stopped for a surgery or when lungs are being transplanted. I don't really know what ability this would be, so I could use some suggestions.

Last edited:
I mean, we technically already have Ressurection through defibrulators since those ar for restarting hearts.
I mean, it is widespread across nations by virtue of western influence. But it depends on how it compares to a normal person's CPR.

Since it uses electricity to restart a person's heart, that should make it worth putting on the human race's page.

I even recalled "Roachman" something had a sandbox on the real world's human race, but I haven't seen implemented on-site.

Sorry, this is to help with notifications (honestly feel like Ant and staff could just let us ping each other (with reasonable restrictions) welp), I want to hear your thoughts on this cause this might change a lot in the profile.

Since we're talking about a composite human....
Should we add archaic humans...?

(selected these due to them being possibly physiologically better in some aspects to modern humans due to more robust bodies and thus suggesting to add traits from them into the Composite Human page that would be beneficial, despite the archaic humans being psychologically relatively worse due to higher cases of trauma and less brain development)

Sorry, this is to help with notifications (honestly feel like Ant and staff could just let us ping each other (with reasonable restrictions) welp), I want to hear your thoughts on this cause this might change a lot in the profile.

Since we're talking about a composite human....
Should we add archaic humans...?

(selected these due to them being possibly physiologically better in some aspects to modern humans due to more robust bodies and thus suggesting to add traits from them into the Composite Human page that would be beneficial, despite the archaic humans being psychologically relatively worse due to higher cases of trauma and less brain development)
Dude...

We already have archaic humans. We even have a reason why the Neanderthal stays on-site while prehistoric homo sapiens aren't on-site in the former profile's notes. If you want more archaic hominids, realistically scale based off of the hominid's physical build, compare it to other similar hominids, look up if your question is asked on-forum already, etc first before asking.

If you have a question regarding profiles in the real world verse, use the site's search function, use the "Ctrl+F" tool to skim the IRL page/category, etc

Dude...

We already have archaic humans. We even have a reason why the Neanderthal stays on-site while prehistoric homo sapiens aren't on-site in the former profile's notes. If you want more archaic hominids, realistically scale based off of the hominid's physical build, compare it to other similar hominids, look up if your question is asked on-forum already, etc first before asking.

If you have a question regarding profiles in the real world verse, use the site's search function, use the "Ctrl+F" tool to skim the IRL page/category, etc
No, I meant should we add the traits of archaic humans to the composite human? (Sorry for being unclear)

Since technically they're still human, if the composite human is just the Homo genus rather than specifically the Homo sapiens species.

Back