• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Queenslayer vs Raiden (Metal Gear Rising)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Late-Game Queenslayer vs MGRR Raide (Both Low 7-C)

Speed Equalised

Neither have prior knowledge of eachother

Takes place in a large, open field, several kilometres in length

Combatants start 20 metres away from eachother

A Mistle is positioned just outside of the battlefield (making Queenslayer's resurrection combat-applicable)

Queenslayer has access to their full arsenal

Ripper Mode is Restricted

Otherwise, SBA

Who will win?

An Anime Amnesiac, because that's so original: 2 (AogiriKira, XSOULOFCINDERX)

Edgy Samurai Boi:

They go out for drinks and find a common interest in slashing people up:

Fd4cbd7d5f1274e21c80aadc0455042a
Metal gear rising revengence raiden render by rajivmessi-d7esdwn

Lemme get a... Bump

Read the weaknesses. The immortality works through the BOR parasite, which will cause them to "disperse" on death and proceed to revive soon after. If Raiden managed to destroy/very severely damage their heart, however, it would kill them for good. And it's not exactly out-of-character for Raiden to attack the heart first. They'd just need to very seriously damage it within a very short span of time.

I don't think Jack has much of a Win Con. He doesn't have away around Queenslayer's regen and immortality, plus QS is far more haxxed.

Gonna vote Queenslayer

I'll count your vote for the whole haxxing thing, but again I should note that it's not out of character for Jack to rip out an opponent's heart, which should bypass immortality and kill them if he get's the chance to do so.

Still, counting your vote.

Couldn't he do it before the updated body in the first mission? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

I remember it being a post mission 1 thingy. You're probably misremembering it because of Blade Mode being available.

Yeah, maybe. Would it be more fair if I changed it to Raiden's post-mission 1 key.

Queenslayer also has a Low 7-C key, though Ripper mode makes it a bit more complicated. Can ripper mode be restricted for matches? Even if not, it might still be a workable match.

Wait, hold up. Just checked that tier, actually. It uses Kinetic Energy, so it's outdated and would need to be removed or at least revised.

SpookyShadow said:
It can, it bumps you to another tier
Gotcha. I'll change it so they are both Low 7-C.

EDIT: All done. For clarity on AP difference now, Queenslayer has an advantage.

Queenslayer: Notably stronger than a very casual 2.7 kiloton feat

Raiden: Significantly stronger than a 1.15 kiloton feat

I know, I was just pointing it out so that the change is clearer.

Lemme get uh... bump

Lettuce bumparoony!

Bring

Up

My

im out of ideas help bump

pls. bump

Im out of ideas. Just bump this

If Raiden doesn't go for the heart, he's gonna eventually have his fighting style figured out and he's gonna be put down.

His style of fighting is to slash his opponent to hundreds of pieces, and he crushed Armstrong's heart. So he goes for the heart.

SpookyShadow said:
His style of fighting is to slash his opponent to hundreds of pieces, and he crushed Armstrong's heart. So he goes for the heart.
The heart thing is situational.Raiden only crushed Armstrong's heart because it was the source of his Nano machines, and also the fact the vains on his body that were hardening all linked back to his heart which acted as a visual hint.

SpookyShadow said:
Isn't heart going to be destroyed when you get slashed to pieces with Blade Mode slices?
Would he use that immediately? Keep in mind Ripper and Blade mode have limited usage. I don't think he would immediately go for it, as the fights usually depicts him fighting for a good while before using it to target a body part or something like that.

Ripper Mode is restricted here, but Jack does use Blade Mode when opponent is off guard or something. Can HF Blade cut through Queenslayer's weapon?

SpookyShadow said:
Ripper Mode is restricted here, but Jack does use Blade Mode when opponent is off guard or something. Can HF Blade cut through Queenslayer's weapon?
Possibly. I don't think Queenslayer has resistance to the HF blade's durability negging. However QS is capable of switching weapons on the fly should that happen.

Also going to point out, merely stabbing or exploding QS's heart is gonna kill him for good. Jack was seen shooting exploding it in the game cutscene yet QS managed to survive and resurrect. The heart would likely needto be completely annihilated.

Yeah, Kira is correct about the heart destruction thing.

In game, the character Jack is shown using what's called an Ichor Shot directly through the Queenslayer's heart in an attempt to kill them. It's kind of hard to explain exactly what the injury would be like, but considering that it went all the way through without any sign of fragmentation it would have left a giant, gaping hole in the center of their chest, which the Queenslayer survived.

Vote counted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back