• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The One Punch Man Audio Drama Drama

ArachDusa

She/Her
If you've been watching (and reading) One-Punch Man for a while, you probably know there exists an audio drama for the series in which various heroes test a simulation of past enemies from the Deep Sea King to Carnage Kabuto. It's already used in the Wiki to scale several characters, such as Superalloy Darkshine scaling to Kabuto and vice versa. But there's one other important simulated match that isn't currently mentioned, and if you already know about the audio drama, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about.
In case you don't, at the very end of the simulation Saitama faces off against the version of himself from one day prior and defeats it in one punch, with Saitama himself treating it as a given that the version of himself from yesterday obviously can't beat him (this is also mirrored in one of the manga omakes, where he tells Glasses that he should surpass himself every day). It would be uncharacteristic for Saitama to immediately go all-out, especially against an opponent who is close to his level of power, and Saitama isn't excited about the fight in the slightest, so I think it's safe to assume that Saitama wasn't using much more power than usual against his past self.
Last time I heard this topic mentioned in the Wiki, it was by a person looking for a tier change - a nonsensical proposal, since exactly how much stronger Saitama becomes every day is impossible to quantify. However, it does tell us that he becomes powerful enough to kill a version of himself from one day prior with one, likely casual punch. In theory, this would mean anyone who survives an attack from Saitama which is intended to kill them is stronger (or at least more durable) than Saitama himself was one day prior to fighting that person, but I'm not suggesting anything that extreme (at least not yet). No, what I'm asking for is a simple power addition - Saitama should have Accelerated Development (Training; Physical Stats) listed on his profile, preferably with reference to the audio drama. I don't think there's any good counter for this suggestion, but if you think you have one, go ahead and tell me what it is. Thanks in advance.

I agree with the ability addition. I feel like it should also be mentioned in the “likely higher” part of his AP.

I don’t think the stats should scale to anyone (even theoretically) as Saitama holds back.

This seems to make sense, and I agree with it being mentioned in the "likely higher" part. And I believe nobody scales to Saitama anyway.

Would this also elicit multiple keys if we get a better feat from Saitama? As in, say he (finally) pulls off a Planet level, or higher, attack, would that be a different key, since he grows in power?

Would in-training Saitama also have that ability? He did grow in power very fast already, though probably not as fast.

Ah.

Wait, that makes no sense. He's broken his limiter, he has no limit, how could he have reached it?

I don't care for if this ability passes or not but couldn't that quote just be his own, flawed view on himself?

Fair enough. I mean, out-of-verse, they're unarguably true, but from our treatment of the series, they aren't any more reliable than Saitama's statement.

Also, since Boros and Garou are meant to be roughly equal, it wouldn't make sense for Garou to perform so well against Saitama

Saitama was hella holding back against both of them, especially Garou since he realized he could be redeemed in some way. Just because he went "Serious" against them doesn't even mean he was using the same level of power- all Serious means is that he sees some stakes in the fight.

I think a "possibly" would be better, since we don't really know if Genos' right about the simulation not being able to copy Saitama's power or not (Saitama reasonning usually is considered pretty dumb).

It was discussed in a General Discussion thread and rejected because In the main Manga Saitama said that "he can't grow stronger", plus it was treated as a limit of the machine ("The machine can't completely copy Saitama's power")
How is the machine unable to simulate Saitama's power for the ghost copy, but still be able to simulate it while Saitama himself is in it? For the machine's simulation, the data of the live fighter and the ghost is the same (except the ghost is data taken one day prior).
Also, since Boros and Garou are meant to be roughly equal, it wouldn't make sense for Garou to perform so well against Saitama
ONE did not say Boros and Garou are roughly equal. He said if they fought each other, it would be a good fight, which is much more subjective. People say stomps are good fights all the time - both Boros and Garou's fights with Saitama are widely considered good fights by the One Punch Man fanbase, even though neither of them was anywhere near equal to Saitama. Also, Garou's fight with Saitama has evidence against them being comparable, most notably Garou surviving Saitama's "Serious" attacks which could one-shot Boros. Every other opponent that Saitama considered to not be a monster (Rover, Suiryu, Snek etc.) still got one-shot by him even though he wasn't trying to kill them either, and the same should have logically happened to Garou if he were roughly equal to a guy who was one-shot by a serious Saitama. There's also the fact that Saitama was constantly on the offensive while he was fighting Garou whereas he only attacked Boros five times (if you consider the Consecutive Normal Punches to be one attack) and the rest of the fight was him letting Boros kick him around the same way as other monsters like Kabuto.

I think it's crazy that people think the Serious Series has a fixed power. It's just Saitama actually caring about the fight, that's it. Two Serious Normal Punches can have a completely different power behind them. Saitama let Boros attack him because he recognizes someone with the same problem as him, and wanted him to feel the thrill of battle one last time, but he was still an irredeemable monster, so he used stronger attacks, while Garou was redeemable, so he didn't.

How is the machine unable to simulate Saitama's power for the ghost copy, but still be able to simulate it while Saitama himself is in it? For the machine's simulation, the data of the live fighter and the ghost is the same (except the ghost is data taken one day prior).

I also though that. I just explained the argued that people said to "Debunk" that feat. I'm neutral

Also, Garou's fight with Saitama has evidence against them being comparable, most notably Garou surviving Saitama's "Serious" attacks which could one-shot Boros. Every other opponent that Saitama considered to not be a monster (Rover, Suiryu, Snek etc.) still got one-shot by him even though he wasn't trying to kill them either, and the same should have logically happened to Garou if he were roughly equal to a guy who was one-shot by a serious Saitama. There's also the fact that Saitama was constantly on the offensive while he was fighting Garou whereas he only attacked Boros five times (if you consider the Consecutive Normal Punches to be one attack) and the rest of the fight was him letting Boros kick him around the same way as other monsters like Kabuto.
Well, Saitama doesn't want to kill Garou, He just wanted make him change also, his serious headbutt was concentrated in Garou's arm, since Saitama's serious punch covered all Boros' body.

It was discussed in a General Discussion thread and rejected because In the main Manga Saitama said that "he can't grow stronger", plus it was treated as a limit of the machine ("The machine can't completely copy Saitama's power")

This is the “evidence” where the “debunk” of Saitama continually getting physically stronger comes from.

image0.jpg

I don't see how it debunks Saitama gets physically stronger. Its just that he can't learn anything new from others and get stronger from knowledge.

"I don't think i'll ever be able to become stronger than i am now" implies nothing about knownledge, saitama just uses physical attacks, getting stronger means getting physically stronger for him.

The first comment talks about everything in a fight, like strategy, skill, tension, all of that, not just knownledge.

getting stronger means getting physically stronger for him.
Er, did you miss the entire point of the martial arts tournament's purpose for Saitama's character? How he found himself unable to understand what makes martial arts special because he is unable to grow stronger from experience?

strategy, skill, tension, all of that, not just knownledge.
Um, strategy and skill are based in knowledge.

Is literally illogical to be unable to learn more stuff, literally, is a mental thing to conserve information and use it.

There is no way saitama is saying "i can't learn anything" because there is no difference between learning skill and learning about a new promotion on the market, both are just information being used by different purposes.

Unless saitama has alzheimer, and why would he say that he is strong now if he has no skill at all?

Is literally illogical to be unable to learn more stuff, literally, is a mental thing to conserve information and use it.

Can you prove its illogical when you are always powerful enough to one shot your opponents and are always messing around in fights?

There is no way saitama is saying "i can't learn anything" because there is no difference between learning skill and learning about a new promotion on the market, both are just information being used by different purposes.

Huh? How do those examples correlate?

This scan seems to explicitly conflict with the idea that he’s passively getting stronger everyday, so I’m gonna have to disagree.
78yfiuK_d.webp

Let’s not forget that saitama isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed and that we shouldn’t take his own words about his powers at face value. Remember that time he performed a non-physical interaction feat and had absolutely no idea how he did it or what he was even doing?

That too. There's a real chance Saitama doesn't know the peak of his strength, after all he always holds back, he's probably never had to use it.

I mean, that's still Saitama saying it. I'm neutral towards the whole thing but more statements from the same character don't really affect the argument that such character may not know what he's talking about.

Is it possible that the machine simply couldn't create a simulation with as great power level as Saitama has, so the copy was defeated easily for that reason?

Do i really need to explain why it is illogical for a human to be unable to gain more knownledge? Really?

If saitama can't get more knownledge at all, he can't learn new stuff, so he would be unable to know about anything everyday, because there is no difference between learning martial arts and learning about when the next promotion will happen, both are information apllied differently.

Also if saitama one shots everyone and says "i can't grow stronger" then he is talking about his strenght, not his skill.

Null's point proves this, when you max out a character you tend to max out their stats, which 99% of the games refers to physicals instead of skill

Is it possible that the machine simply couldn't create a simulation with as great power level as Saitama has, so the copy was defeated easily for that reason?
Do we know who made the machine? Or is just a plot device made for the purpose of show casing these fights?

Back