• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The My Little Pony: FIM sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I earlier wrote the following text in the discussion rules:

"Do not attempt to upgrade the My Little Pony cast to Star level, or Multi-Solar System level.

Given that:

A: The entire show runs on simplistic children's storybook magic, rather than real world physics.

B: The sun rotates around the Earth, like in Greek mythology, rather than the other way around.

C: That the characters within the show have also never remotely displayed any other feats beyond small country level at best.

We cannot remotely automatically assume the MLP sun to be of anywhere near the size of our own unless it is explicitly referred to as such, and even then, given C, it would only be treated as a specific hax ability, not as scalable to virtually every character in the show being able to casually detonate stars."

As I stated then, the actual offensive destructive feats of the cast have consistently been comparatively extremely limited, and as such this thread is definitely not for upgrading every single character's regular destructive capacity or attack potency to 4-C or above. Posts that attempt to do so will be deleted.

However, I have been told that the MLPFIM moon was shown to be of considerable size in a tie-in comicbook, and we rate certain other characters in this wiki as "Possibly ... via hax that is unusable for practical combat purposes".

Hence, I wonder if we should do the same with the alicorns and Discord, who have all moved the sun on different occasions?

I honestly do not know, but the moon does seem to be of considerable size in the comics.

I don't think the sun is ever portrayed as larger than it, and Celestia and Luna are mostly equal as is.

Okay, so "Possibly 5-C via hax" rather than "Possibly 4-C via hax"?

I'll just stay out of this, I think that's for the best.

However, I will say there was a calc for Celestia that would've put it as Solar System Level if you consider it the size of our Sun, so if you do so "Potentially 4-B Via hax" my be acceptable.

Well, if the sun really was the size of our own, moving it around the Earth at massive speed as Discord did, would likely require considerably faster than light velocity, which produces imaginary energy numbers.

Ignoring that with hax, Discord casually warped all of the celestial bodies and the constellations around him.

You will have to post a copy of that calculation as a blog, and get it accepted though.

Well, regardless, given the problems with calculating such feats, would "Possibly at least 4-C via hax that is unusable for practical combat purposes" be suitable for the alicorns, while switching that for "4-A" with Discord, given that he moved constellations?

Since Discord might be 4-A in the near future (if it's agreed), will he be moved to the highest tier in mlp or the same spot?

If he becomes 4-A with certain hax I think that The Tree of harmony (fused with the mane 6 or Celestia + Luna) Should be 4-A (Equal or higher degree than Discord, cannot be used for combat) since they reversed the hax with the Elements and it does not seem that The EoH can actually kill him but cancel their powers out.

About the rainbow power it seems kinda hard to scale. The rainbow power in mlp seems to be above the one in equastria girls.

Maybe this: Rainbow powered characters are (what tier they are currently), possibly 4-A with hax reversal ( cannot be used for combat) (should be equal with EoH)

Rainbow power and EoH I think are the same, it's just that this time RP is so the characters don't need to wear their elements on them.

I don't know if Tirek would be gaining any tier hax but if he would it's gonna be like this:

7-B to 7-A, possibly 4-A with hax (has shown that he possesed Discord's powers)

Weaknesses: Absorbs more of physical magic power rather than the user's technique, shown that he has a limited amount of abilities that he can use from Discord.

This will change the mlp scaling by a lot, just wanted to share all the things I have to say.

They will all keep their current tiers, but possibly have a higher hax tier listed separately, similarly to Adam Warlock.

I still am deeply against Tier 4 MLP, due to how outlierish it is, and how their world seems to be much smaller than ours, with day and night cycles dictated by sun and moon which spin around the world.

Okay. I also do not remember seeing anything beyond building level destructive capacity from them. However, if accepted, this would be separate from their regular statistics, and be counted as moving the sun and moon only.

I still question the size of their Sun, as it seems to be treated as equal to the moon.

I also question if the Constellations aren't just small spheres in a firmament, rather than collections of stars.

Beings a HUGE Brony myself, even I have to admit that I am against this as well, the only feats I've seen from the Ponies is blowing up Houses and/or moving them, Rainbow blew up AJ's Old Barn in Lesson Zero, Big Mac was seen casually pulling a House while Love poisoned, while Rainbow with the Rainboom was seen destroying a Rock that's actually not that much larger then a House now that I really think of it, the only reason the Alicorns are City level is because that they should be MUCH stronger then Regular Ponies, Sombra and Glimmer are special cases however XD, Discord is likely higher then City level seeing as how he's shown he can beat both Celestia and Luna at once, also, didn't Celestia state that Discord is able to bend Equestria to his whim? Even so, I don't think Equestria is the legit Planet, cause other races have their own territories, there's the Badlands, the Dragon Lands, the lands where Zecora originated from, there might even be Minotaur lands, we know Griffons have their own Territory as well from the Griffonstone episode, so I think Equestria is more like a Country or Continent on the planet, regardless, Discord being Country or Continent level would put him MUCH higher then the Alicorns, that would also mean Tirek and Twilight with All the Alicorn Magic Absorbed would also be Country or Continent level, but that's just going by a statement from Celestia, which we likely can't use

@Matthew I agree that this seems likely.

I agree with the above, also being a fan, but the one thing I think you missed is that powered up twilight when she raised the sun, its shown to wobble around a lot as she struggles. Not sure if that counts for anything though.

Ant....I've been wondering, assuming science can be applied to this show.....it's it possible the ponies that brings the day to the world is actually controlling the planet's rotation and orbit, rather than the sun itself? Because controlling the sun sounds like a huge gap compared to everything else that people brought up.

It certainly is possible, but with my last comment, the sun is shown to move around the sky when powered up twilight "raises" it, so they would need to be able to move the Earth a lot to cause that effect

@DRB No. I am afraid not. Discord played randomly with the sun, moon, and stars, and Twilight in the Tirek story accidentally handled them rather disorderly as well, if I remember correctly.

However, I do agree that this is an enormous inconsistency for the show, in case the celestial bodies are not just intended to be tiny children's story versions.

Eh, dunno.

Personally I'd be fine with noting the scale of abilities like this (for instance, Discord moving constellations and such), but only as long as it's noted that this is not remotely something which is translated to direct AP and is more a showing of just what scale their powers can affect.

Perhaps simply (for example) "Unknown with hax (The character has moved the sun and moon of the MLP world, but their intended sizes are extremely uncertain)"?

Antvasima said:
Perhaps simply (for example) "Unknown with hax (The character has moved the sun and moon of the MLP world, but their intended sizes are extremely uncertain)"?
Yeah, Unknown would be the best course of action

I have sent Tweets to a majority of the MLPFIM Chief Editorial Staff and Lauren herself regarding the Sizes of the planet and the Celestial Bodies. I think this should be put on hold until a response arrives from WoG or a close enough source.

It is worth noting that Lauren calls Equestria "Earth", i think, however.

Furthermore, it's worth noting that Celestia is superior to Luna, while Nightmare Luna is more powerful than Celestia, and Discord is on a different level than any of them.

Actually, Luna is just straight up more powerful than Celestia, there's no difference in power between her and Nightmare Moon.

Pikachu942 said:
Actually, Luna is just straight up more powerful than Celestia.
That's very debatable, as Celestia was unwilling to fight Luna even as Nightmare moon and was holding her off just fine, despite NMM being Bloodlusted.

NMM is not Luna, they are seperate entities, this is confirmed in the comics and not denied in the show. If not directly serving as an AMP for Luna NMM works as a unleasher of her powers.

I as well believe Celestia to be superior to Luna given how she's the Eldest of the 2, when Rarity attained a Nightmare form of her own, she was able to go toe to toe with Luna and even best her, the Regular Rarity definitely wouldn't be able to do that, so I believe the Nightmare forces are somewhat of an AMP for the user

DBZMLP12345 said:
When Rarity attained a Nightmare form of her own, she was able to go toe to toe with Luna and even best her, the Regular Rarity definitely wouldn't be able to do that, so I believe the Nightmare forces are somewhat of an AMP for the user
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I also do not remember seeing anything beyond building level destructive capacity from them. However, if accepted, this would be separate from their regular statistics, and be counted as moving the sun and moon only.
Not entirely in topic, but I would like to mention that Spike did have a MCB feat.

Well, if by any chance the MLP Editorial Staff doesn't pick up, it would be best to apply a rating of.

Attack Potency: Unknow via hax (Has moved the Sun and the Moon on different occasions, but this cannot be applied in battle)

Otherwise, this isn't really considered an outlier for the verse, is it (just making a note that outliers can happen more than once)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back