• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mega Man (Classic) discussion thread

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
This is something I've noticed for a while, many of the info present is innacurate or taken from another continuity. This isn't about stats (Though I know that Migue wants to tackle that) or any continuity besides the Classic one so don't worry about that.

I'll go page by page:

Mega Man (Classic)

"Power Mimicry (Mega Man can integrate virtually any kind of technology into his own systems by inserting the associated computer chip into his Mega Buster or sometimes simply by touching the associated weapon or piece of equipment)"

The first bolded text, as far as I know, only applies to the Ruby-Spears counterpart, while the second only applies to the Ruby-Spears and Archie Comics counterpart, but correct me if I'm wrong.

"Resistance to Absolute Zero, EMPs, Transmutation, Corrosion Inducement and Hacking"

I presume the resistance to EMPs comes from Super Rockman Adventure, where Mega Man gets an special coating that protects him from the eletromagnetic field coming from the Lanfront Ruins. However, said coating would only last for two weeks, so it no longer applies. The only other reason this resistance might exist is because Roll was affected by the electromagnetic field while Mega Man wasn't, but this is because the field was increasing gradually and Roll was specially succeptible to it.

Then you have resistance to hacking for resisting the Evil Energy and the Roboenza:

"Outran Quick Man's beams of light and escaped from Galaxy Man and Saturn's black holes"

False, the beams move faster that Mega Man, who can only dodge them by falling past them before they reach him. Also, the way is written makes me think that Quick Man can fire beams of light.

"Standard Equipment: Mega Buster, Double Gear System, Rush, Beat, Robot Master copied weapons"

This is something that bothers me a lot: Why are the Special Weapons treated as standard equipment, when Mega Man quite literally never starts with them? On top of that, why does every thead assume that Mega Man has every weapon aviable, when he never has carried more than 9? Hell, in the Wily Tower you can't carry more than 8 weapons, so you have to choose. This would also apply to Proto Man and Bass.

"Notable Attacks/Techniques:"

This section still lists the Flash Stopper as a time stopping weapon, which it isn't. This is something I have stated in many threads before, and even the Powers and Abilities section supports it.

"Notes: Dr. Wily once claimed that Mega Man can't harm a human, prompting Mega Man to spare him. This is likely a reference to Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. However he's violated these rules many times before including in the very same scene where Wily attempted to protect himself by invoking said laws (allowing harm through inaction), and there's the implication that Mega Man was on the verge of killing Wily. Hence it's most likely that he only loosely follows this rule out of choice and not by obligation."

I have a few problems with this. Mainly, the fact that Mega Man only fights Wily because not doing so would cause more harm to humanity than doing so. The "allowing harm through inaction" part is hard to argue against, but you could say Mega Man was expecting Wily to move out of the way. And the "there's the implication that Mega Man was on the verge of killing Wily" is just wrong, Mega Man simply stood silently once Wily asked him if he was going to harm a human (In the japanese version, at least), which actually ties in his frustration at the end of Mega Man 8.

Besides that, Mega Man is missing some equipment. I leave this up to people that (Unlike me) know how to write profiles.

By the way, should Rush, Eddie, Beat and Tango have profiles? The first three have already enough things two deserve one, while Tango is a little debatable.

Proto Man

"Blues is the prototype of every one of Dr. Light's Robot Masters. Like his sibling robots, Light loved him just as a father would a son. However, after Light and Wily discovered a defect in Blues' core, Blues ran away after a stray comment from Dr. Light led the robot to fear for his own individuality."

There are a couple of problems with this:

"Resistance to EMPs, Can copy most industrial tools and robot weapons with a touch"

I mean... he didn't need the special coating as far as I remember, but that kinda feels more like a plot hole than a resistance. Not sure where the copying weapons by contact comes from, Ruby-Spears I guess.

"Attack Potency: Dwarf Star level (Stronger than his younger brother Rock)"

False. Leaving aside the Big Bang Strike, Proto Man has never showed to be stronger than Mega Man. In fact, after losing to Mega Man in MM7, he remarks than Mega Man holds a power that surpasses his imagination.

"Speed: Massively FTL (Dodged Cloud Man's lightning in the arcade games. Should be comparable to his brother)"

...why is dodging lightning used as a justification for MFTL Speed? I think it would be for the better if this was removed.

"Stamina: Essentially limitless."

One of the main flaws Proto Man has is in fact his poor stamina, which doesn't let him perform at his peak for long periods of time.

"Proto Buster: A powerful cannon that shoots solar bullets."

...Proto Man uses Atomic Energy. I should also be added to the profile that his buster has a tremendous energy consumption that makes it unusable for long periods of combat and that it lacks a transformation mechanism like the Mega Buster, making it unable to change freely into the form of an arm.

"Weaknesses: His core is very unstable so if he receives enough damage he will malfunction, go crazy and then shut down. Proto Shield can only block attacks from one direction. Is bound by Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics, meaning that he must put the lives of humans first and cannot directly attack them.

I'm not sure of where the first comes from, the only thing I remember is Proto Man stating that if his core got attacked, both he and Yellow Devil would be vaporized. The second one makes me question if the page was written by someone that knew nothing about Proto Man.

Proto Man has already broken the three rules:

"Big Bang Strike: By far his most powerful attack, however it leaves him exhausted after using it. It was so powerful that it utterly destroyed King's shield, which Mega Man and Bass were unable to so much as scratch. Mega Man and Bass were both Small Planet Level at this point in the series"

Someone changed the stats of this page and didn't bother to correct anything else, apparently.

"Note: A rough list of his other powers (he has access to most of these)."

This is less than the bare minimum. At the very least we should link to the lists of weapons of the games he's playable in, while making a short list of what he doesn't have access to (It's not too long). Adding the weapons of Mega Man 9 is debatable though: He doesn't have a story on that game as a playable character and it's just DLC.

(Also, this isn't a problem with the page, but why is his buster in the right arm on his render? It's supposed to be left hand exclusive).

Bass (Classic)

"Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3), Energy Manipulation, Weapon Creation, Absolute Zero, Ice Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation (Said fire is hotter than the Earth's core), Water Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Strength Augmentation, Transmutation, Weather Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Flight, Omnidirectional Shields, Duplication, Spatial Manipulation, Time Stop, Resistance to Absolute Zero, Immunity to Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and EMPs, Meteor Summoning, Can merge with his mechanical dog Treble, Black Hole Manipulation, Healing with energy tanks and mystery tanks."

I don't know why he has these powers (I know Special Weapons that give these powers, but Bass doesn't have access to those). I kinda get that Duplication could be the Doppler Attack (Which would explain why flight is listed as a power with no mention of Treble Boost or Jet), but the game it comes from is not considered canon.

"Massively FTL (Comparable to Mega Man, who dodged attacks from Duo's Meteor Form and dodged the Wily Star's lasers, outran Quick Man's beams of light and escaped from Galaxy Man and Saturn's black holes)"

"Dwarf Star level (Took blasts from Wily's #8 machine that injured Duo, took hits from Sunstar)"

These never happened.

This is already too long, I'll make a second part later, maybe.

Last edited:
I'll share this in the Mega Man Discord server so we get more participation.

But yeah. Thank you for making this CRT.

I agree Mega Man's pages (for almost all continuities) are pretty barren and inaccurate. And to think these inaccuracies in justifications & abilities are tips of the iceberg.

Sighs

We Mega Man supporters got a lot of work to do.

By the by, apparently CRTs are not allowed just yet because of some kinks being worked out, so if you want, I can reconfigure this into a discussion thread instead, so you guys can still discuss the changes without it getting locked.

P.S. sorry for not being active in the Discord. Busy with other stuff lately, but I agree that the pages are a mess...

Sup, guys! Been well? Sorry for not contributing at all for several weeks, things got a bit messy on my side. But slowly creeping back into action.

It's not something negative, now there won't be people saying things like "How do we know Mega Man will use x weapon before anything else?", and if we end up being able to select what weapons Mega Man has in every battle then more match ups are possible.

Yeah, that's true. IIRC the justification was that it was using a composite Mega Man of sorts, or at least that's what it was used in X's case to justify him having all his stuff at once. There's not a real evidence for either case, be it he can't carry more than 8 but neither that he ''can'' so I guess we can't just assume it. What was revealed in X5 is that Megamen can keep previous weapons and use them later.

Well I did propose using tabs to saparate the abilities they had in each game (and at base), though it was mostly to facilitate if someone wanted to make a matchup with a particular incarnation of the character.

It seems the info coming from the arcade games will stay, the Robot Master Field Guide makes mention of it's events.

I mentioned this on Discord, but I want to hear opinions here too:

What do you guys think about separating game Mega Man in 2 keys (Pre and Post Mega Man V)?

Yeah. Rock will have 3 keys.

Pre-Stardroid Invasion (or Duo arrival) | Post-Stardroid Invasion (or Duo arrival) | Under the control of "The Player" (For Rockman X DiVE's key)

I feel like we should wait on the stats being sorted out before we decide keys for our characters. But if you object, please do.

Question: Game Mega Man isn’t the only one who needs reworking. Can the general consensus of how to handle Game Mega Man’s profile apply to Archie Mega Man, as that profile also needs work as it barely covers anything from his own book, like the profile mostly covers Worlds Collide (a M’egga Man key is also missing)?

Yeeees. That needs to be covered, too.

Eventually we'll get to that.

Yeeees. That needs to be covered, too.

Eventually we'll get to that.
Ye!

When it gets focused on, I’d consider a potential Acausality type 1 for Base Archie Mega Man, due to the events from an issue of time travel in his book.

Potentially.

Edit: Scratch that. Base Mega Man would get Limited Acausality type 1 from the ending of Worlds Unite, as well as Wily, Base Post-Sonic and Eggman.

Last edited:
Gonna revive this thread because apparently it's general discussion

Is there a thread to talk about other series of Mega Man, or am I gonna have to make one for Zero/ZX? Cuz the question I had in mind (for quite awhile) relates to those particular series. Can this just... double as it?

Whew. Forgot this existed lol

Anywho... Sure. Any Mega Man series can be talked about here.

Also, if you could vote in this VSThread, that would be great. We’re so close to grace...

Bet

Also a bit salty that Sonic beat Rock

Anyways, had to ask this since I was thinking about it for awhile

Theoretically, if Zero/ZX Series were completely isolated, meaning no scaling to Classic or X series, what types of speed or AP tests would they have?

They’d still be Massively FTL to Massively FTL+ in speed via Grey being a goddamn JoJo character winging his ZX-Sabre with Model ZX in-tandem with Vulturon’s microwaves (just swinging the sword normally gets to 145c iirc), and the A-Trans I was able to get it in the Thousands C. But even without those microwaves, Zero swinging his sword in-tandem with that huge particle beam in MMZ4 yields some nice results in the Relativistic-FTL range. So... There’s still some nice speed feats in Mega Man Zero/ZX. There’s probably more, so I’ll have to try and see what else is there.

For AP, there are Master Albert’s Black Holes which were calculated at Large Planet level, and then there’s Master Albert’s Dimension Collapse, as well as Omega’s appearance creating MMZ3!Cyberspace. Both of those got Solar System level. There WAS a Multi-Continent level feat in MMZ1 with Blizzack Stagroff being stated to be capable of freezing entire oceans (lol). But that was a mistranslation unfortunately. There is also Ragnarok producing a powerful Earthquake when its laser hits the Earth, too. I can probs try calculating that soon enough lmao

Try being a fan of a character that losses in all of his most popular matchups and then we talk.

They’d still be Massively FTL to Massively FTL+ in speed via Grey being a goddamn JoJo character winging his ZX-Sabre with Model ZX in-tandem with Vulturon’s microwaves (just swinging the sword normally gets to 145c iirc), and the A-Trans I was able to get it in the Thousands C. But even without those microwaves, Zero swinging his sword in-tandem with that huge particle beam in MMZ4 yields some nice results in the Relativistic-FTL range. So... There’s still some nice speed feats in Mega Man Zero/ZX. There’s probably more, so I’ll have to try and see what else is there.

For AP, there are Master Albert’s Black Holes which were calculated at Large Planet level, and then there’s Master Albert’s Dimension Collapse, as well as Omega’s appearance creating MMZ3!Cyberspace. Both of those got Solar System level. There WAS a Multi-Continent level feat in MMZ1 with Blizzack Stagroff being stated to be capable of freezing entire oceans (lol). But that was a mistranslation unfortunately. There is also Ragnarok producing a powerful Earthquake when its laser hits the Earth, too. I can probs try calculating that soon enough lmao
Bruh so like literally no change in tier that's actually hilarious. Guessing they don't compare to X feats tho

Speed feats? Nah, they don’t compare in that regard. Highest is, like, super high into Thousands C to low into Millions C. Though maybe Zero era could exceed X Era in AP depending on how you interpret MMZ3!Cyberspace’s size. But in average, X era feats > Zero era feats in terms of impressiveness.

And to think they just upscale via powerscaling lol (believe me, Elpizo & Omega are just... insane lmao)

Lol straight up I never knew they were that strong, especially in Zero era. Legit thought they were City Level due to the missile launch in Zero 3, and Cyberspace couldn't even be calcable. (Inti really doesn't give out a lot of easy feats to look at, and as the GV guy, I cry everytim)

Also gon comment on Bass v Proto soon but then the Rock vs Lucy thread interested me.

Finally Grace starts for that PMvB.

Also, ngl, I’m considering going for Incon in that RvL thread. And I think X_Squared is considering that too after we discussed it further on Discord. That thread is more debatable than it really should be with the given rules LOL

But yeah. Also, apparently there was Moon level stuff in Mega Man Legends. Need to look into that.

Back