• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Mega Man Classic] Mystery Tank's Mysterious Effects...

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello once again, fellas! Whew, another Classic MM CRT I cranked out, I know. This time, it shall be quickly covering something that might give Rock, Proto Man and Bass something interesting (and something they probs don't have in their profiles for some reason).

As we know, the Mystery Tank that appears in MM5, MM9, MM10 and MM11 refills all your HP and WP. However, the Mega Man 5 Instructions Manual and Roll herself in MM9 seem to indicate that there are some... weird effects.
pBBA4mR.jpeg

Mystery Can

When used, various effects occur. (Can only have one)
What effects could those be? Well... It turns all enemies into 1-Ups if your HP and WP are all already full. I have play tested the games to check and it even works on enemies that take more than 1 Buster Shot to take down and those that can't be destroyed by the Mega Buster (i.e. Okosutobon). The ability's basically Transmutation.

Pre-Stardroid and Post-Stardroid Invasion Rock, Proto Man and Bass would all get Transmutation via Mystery Tank since the 3 appear in MM10 (although Bass would get it as Optional Equipment since his appearance is DLC).

UPDATE: Also, Robot Masters should have Type 8 Immortality (with only the playable RMs having theirs be combat applicable). See this, this and this comment for the reasons.

That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
I feel like this is a bit game mechanicy, but if other game verses can get away with it I don't see why this can't either.

Are 1 Ups an actual thing though?

Are 1 Ups an actual thing though?
1 Ups are like spare bodies (hence why the 1-Up items are called ‘Spare Body’ in MM&B’s Japanese original version).

It’s more or less how RMs can come back from being scrapped/destroyed: their IC chips are essentially in-tact (it’s the thing that contains a RM’s will) after being destroyed and they’re essentially put in new bodies whether the body’s rebuilt or they’re put in a spare body.

Not to mention, we got things like canon enemies disguising themselves as 1-Up items in MM9 (was it MM9?). So I’d say the ‘1-Ups’ are canon.

Not to mention, we got things like canon enemies disguising themselves as 1-Up items in MM9 (was it MM9?).
Are you referring to the Anti Eddie enemy from Mega Man 11?

Anyway, I was initially going to disagree because I viewed 1-ups as game mechanics. I've changed my mind thanks to the reasoning above. I agree.

If you really want to cheat, you can use the Manga adaptations of the Mega Man games where the 1-Ups FLAT OUT appear and have significance in the stories.

I understand why one would think it’s game mechanics, tho. So glad my argument more or less gives credence to it not being that.

1 Ups are like spare bodies (hence why the 1-Up items are called ‘Spare Body’ in MM&B’s Japanese original version).

It’s more or less how RMs can come back from being scrapped/destroyed: their IC chips are essentially in-tact (it’s the thing that contains a RM’s will) after being destroyed and they’re essentially put in new bodies whether the body’s rebuilt or they’re put in a spare body.

Not to mention, we got things like canon enemies disguising themselves as 1-Up items in MM9 (was it MM9?). So I’d say the ‘1-Ups’ are canon.
LMFAO OKAY SO I WOUND UP FINDING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE TO THE 1 UPS BEING ACTUAL SPARE BODIES!
018_copy.png

One up
Also known as "spare body transfer system". The number of player goes up by 1.
Not only are 1-Ups definitely canon, but... POTENTIAL IMMORTALITY TYPE 8 FOR ROCK??????

always good to see our favorite characters getting more and more broken,100% AGREED but wait, Rock, Blues and Forte have resistance to this?

always good to see our favorite characters getting more and more broken,100% AGREED but wait, Rock, Blues and Forte have resistance to this?
Uh… Proooooobably not? You can’t really use this on Proto Man or Bass as Rock, and vice versa. So there’s no actual reason they should resist it.

Unless ofc someone comes with a new set of reasons as to why they should get that resistance.

I agree with the ability, but not the resistance.
Its description from MM11 says that it only works on weaker enemies, so everything that doesn't get transmuted just exceeds the MT's potency, rather than resisting its effects.

I agree with the ability, but not the resistance.
Its description from MM11 says that it only works on weaker enemies, so everything that doesn't get transmuted just exceeds the MT's potency, rather than resisting its effects.
Mmm… that does compromise their resistances, huh? RIP. Although I always interpreted that weak enemy thing as just it targeting those enemies rather than it being a potency thing (since transmutating bosses mid-fight would just break the game in 2 albeit in a funny way)? Just me, tho. 🤷‍♂️

Eitherway, I’ll go ahead and remove the resistances from the OP since whatever which of our explanations is the more reasonable, Wily & co. won’t get the resistance to it.

LMFAO OKAY SO I WOUND UP FINDING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE TO THE 1 UPS BEING ACTUAL SPARE BODIES!
018_copy.png

Not only are 1-Ups definitely canon, but... POTENTIAL IMMORTALITY TYPE 8 FOR ROCK??????
Would this apply to all of the other Robot Masters as well? I’m pretty sure every Robot Master has an IC chip that can be used to rebuild them.

Would this apply to all of the other Robot Masters as well? I’m pretty sure every Robot Master has an IC chip that can be used to rebuild them.
Potentially. Altho in the case of the unplayable RMs it’d be non-combat applicable since, uh… they haven’t been shown to have spare bodies.

Last edited:
Just a small heads-up: While the counter maxes out at 9, tecnically you have 10 lifes.
If you reach zero, you still have one last life to use.

oh,so X and zero won't get immo type 8 consider their body is hard to rebuilt so there won't any spare bodies right
I’d also like to prove that it indeed also applies to them.

… Maybe I’ll give that a though for when I finish my X revision.

EDIT: Then again, we got X2 where Dr. Cain says Zero can be brought back again due to having his brain chip or something.

Last edited:
Mmm… that does compromise their resistances, huh? RIP. Although I always interpreted that weak enemy thing as just it targeting those enemies rather than it being a potency thing (since transmutating bosses mid-fight would just break the game in 2 albeit in a funny way)? Just me, tho. 🤷‍♂️

Eitherway, I’ll go ahead and remove the resistances from the OP since whatever which of our explanations is the more reasonable, Wily & co. won’t get the resistance to it.
Well, if you want something of an argument for a resistance to transmutation, you could use Stone Man. Whose external armour/body is both stated to be made of stone bricks (not even ceratanium), and breaks apart all the time in-gameplay, which should be theoretically weaker but it can't be transmutated by the M-Tank despite that.

Quoting the Robot Master Field Guide, Page 105:
Stone Man is a combat robot designed by Dr. Wily to take control of a tall mountain in order to assist Gyro Man in his takeover of the sky gardens. As his namesake implies, his outer armor is comprised entirely of very strong stone bricks. Despite his heavy body, Stone Man can make enormous leaps, though if he jumps too high, he risks his body temporarily breaking apart from the shock of landing.

Well, if you want something of an argument for a resistance to transmutation, you could use Stone Man. Whose external armour/body is both stated to be made of stone bricks (not even ceratanium), and breaks apart all the time in-gameplay, which should be theoretically weaker but it can't be transmutated by the M-Tank despite that.

Quoting the Robot Master Field Guide, Page 105:
Stone Man is a combat robot designed by Dr. Wily to take control of a tall mountain in order to assist Gyro Man in his takeover of the sky gardens. As his namesake implies, his outer armor is comprised entirely of very strong stone bricks. Despite his heavy body, Stone Man can make enormous leaps, though if he jumps too high, he risks his body temporarily breaking apart from the shock of landing.
Maybe. I’ll give it some thought for when I ever revisit the Classic profiles sooner or later. Thanks for dis to consider, doe.

Back