• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This will probably be surprising but the relatively obscure kart racer spin off grants a lot of new abilities to quite a few members of the Classic Series cast. Those are the abilities I’ll be adding, today.

Canonicity
To start, this game is in fact canon.

Napalm Man’s ending is directly referenced by his Japanese CD data from MegaMan & Bass, as well as his entry from the Robot Master field guide. All of them mention him building a weapons museum that ended up being unsuccessful.

Duo’s Robot Master Field Guide entry also references it. It mentions him enjoying kart racing. Duo is one of the playable characters in the game.

Characters Affected

All of the following characters should get these abilities. This also applies to the robot masters who don’t have profiles yet, as well:

Mega Man
Roll
Proto Man
Bass
Duo
Guts Man
Quick Man
Ice Man
Shadow Man
Napalm Man
Spring Man
Dr.Wily
Yellow Devil

General Abilities:
All of the characters should get their cars added as optional equipment (With the exception of Rock & Bas because Rush andTreble are apart of the standard equipment_

All of the following abilities are granted by items that every character has access to:

Vehicular Mastery: Self Explanatory. All of the characters are capable of participating in kart races where they have to maneuver around enemies, sharp turns, and attacks from other players.

Forcefield Creation and Statistics Amplification: The Yashichi allows the user to create a shield that surrounds themselves and damages anything that comes into contact with it. It also increases their speed.

Explosion manipulation: They can create explosive mines.

Power Nullification: The Blocker item allows the user to nullify the opponent's special skill. As you can see in the clip, when roll gets hit by the item, her special skill bar(the bar next to her portrait) gets blocked off and she can't use her special skill temporarily.

Transmutation: The Mine Transformer can turn enemies into land mines.

Summoning and Statistics Reduction: The Lightning Bolt item allows the user to summon a Kaminari Kaguro(You can see Ice Man getting hit by the item on the bottom screen), which strikes the opponent with a lightning bolt and decreases the speed of anyone hit.

Statistics Amplification: The Triple Chance item allows them to triple the effects of their next item.

That should be all.

Something that is not brought up here is that the items are randomly obtained, and require defeating enemies to get a chance to obtain any of them.

This is not a mechanic that ever shows up again in the franchise, which leads me to believe that it is part of the Battle & Chase event rather than an innate ability every playable character would have.

I think the fair way to go about it is placing the items as optional equipment.

Something that is not brought up here is that the items are randomly obtained, and require defeating enemies to get a chance to obtain any of them.

This is not a mechanic that ever shows up again in the franchise, which leads me to believe that it is part of the Battle & Chase event rather than an innate ability every playable character would have.

I think the fair way to go about it is placing the items as optional equipment.
If this is true, then yeah it's probably good to have these abilities as optional equipment, especially when they may or may not be exclusive to when the characters are in their vehicles but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also what does the special skill entail? Just curious cause it can make the power null more specific instead of general if that makes sense, but just wondering.

Other than that, I agree with all this.

Also what does the special skill entail? Just curious cause it can make the power null more specific instead of general if that makes sense, but just wondering.
Special Skills in this context refers to the kart’s abilities. Every kart in this game have their own abilities that parallel the driver’s. For example, The Rush Roadster’s special is the Mega Buster, GutsMan’s kart makes earthquakes, ShadowMan’s throws shurikens, ETC.

Oh yeah, how exactly are we treating the items in threads?

Do characters just have them or do they have to beat enemies to get them?

Ahhhh... back to being active in VSBW.

Yeah, these changes make sense.

Back