• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The lower border of tier 9-B

Well, I think that we should probably use destroying a regular apartment wall of regular size as a lower border. A solid stone wall is most likely inappropriate as a minimum.

15,000 joules can work. It is better than the 30K joules and is closer to my recommendation on the first calc proposal.

Concidentally, it is a .50 BMG that is responsible for punching through those cinderblocks in the video @Soldier linked. The demonstration of that gun's power those guys put on certainly seems worthy of Wall level to me... so yeah, we probably shouldn't increase it to any more than 15 Kilojoules, I'd say.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Perhaps DontTalkDT and the other calc group members should be informed about this thread as well.

So will this change be small enough to be done now, or so we need to push it behind the tier 4 revisions?

Yes. And when I did a rough calc of what it takes to fragment a cinder block, the result was in the 20,000+ Joule range.

Well, all of the 9-B pages need to be inspected in conjunction, so it depends on if you can mobilise enough staff members who are willing to help out.

If not, I suppose that this could be handled at the same time as the tier 4 revisions.

If 300 - 15000 Joules is the new Street level, I imagine most characters likely wouldn't change Tiers, since measured feats in the 200-300 and 5000-15000 Joules range aren't often used for scaling characters... so, I don't actually imagine it would take all that long to go through the profiles, at least compared to the Tier 4 revisions which affect far more characters across more tiers.

I'd be willing to start whenever, personally.

Wouldn't someone need to update the Attack Potency page? Also, should we have a grace period for this thread, in case anybody wishes to speak before it is commenced that hasn't got a chance to yet?

Okay. I suppose that we could simply change the border then, after waiting for some additional input.

The Composite Human page would likely be reduced to Street level again in any case.

It might also be good if we link to an explanation blog for the energy border in the notes section of the attack potency page.

@Antvasima

I could just copy my comment, and then a link to this thread, into a blog post here in a little while, if that would help.

Well, the blog post would need to be structured in a bit more formal manner, but if you are willing to copy the information, that would be appreciated.

I agree with Perp as well. The math is solid and is a good range for someone of that tier.

The grace period should be 48 hours. Giving members in other timezones or with busy lives time to see this and give their input. It would reduce rage for if we're going to change tiers.

I agree with anything that makes Wall level's paramaters just a bit smaller (over a 4000x multiplier between 9-B and 9-A), thus I agree with ThePerpetual.

Well, I would appreciate if his information could be copied to a blog post, structured in a more formal manner.

I'll not be able to get to it until tomorrow... I have some tests to take, business to do, other assorted extinuating real-life circumstances. I can probably have it done by tomorrow night, I think, if no one objects to my suggestions by then.

Aeyu said:
I agree with anything that makes Wall level's paramaters just a bit smaller (over a 4000x multiplier between 9-B and 9-A), thus I agree with ThePerpetual.
Actually 4184 is not a random number. 1 Kilocalorie is an equivalent of 4184 jouls or exactly 1 gramm of TNT

We will probably have to look over our other border limits for tiers 9 to 6 at some later point, but for the moment the tier 4 revisions should take priority.

As you all know, we have limited time and resources, and have to schedule all major revision projects during holidays.

We are being too generous and lenient about the requirement to be wall level. Most people's impression of that would be busting a standard drywall minimum size of 6'8" x 3' x 4", composed of gypsum or plasterboard reinforced with wood or steel (about 3/4 hollowness). Calc that if you may.

It's even quite surprising that some zombie and animal profiles are at this level implying they can bust through walls. Much larger animals like elephants are obvious.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

How many of CH's matches would get removed?

Not many of them came down to a physical fight AFAIK, things like Jason, and T. Rex were won by CH via shooting them down with Wall level weapons and s

Back