• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was shocked that no one linked it before.

Personally, I don't care for the game - not a 2-D Zelda guy, but I am interested in the precedent this could set.

Having other companies make their own Zelda games will not only give us more Zelda, but it will also add new perspectives into the series that we might have never gotten from Nintendo - which can be very interesting.

I just want more playable princess...

I'm not a fan of Zelda being the main character of a core Zelda game, as Link is an icon and has that covered. But I'd really really want a Zelda spin-off. I'd be happy if it was Tetra too.

The real cal howard said:
I'm not a fan of Zelda being the main character of a core Zelda game, as Link is an icon and has that covered. But I'd really really want a Zelda spin-off. I'd be happy if it was Tetra too.
Maybe a DLC where you get to play the game from Zelda's perspective, maybe get to dress up and fight as Sheik or something?

Warren Valion said:
The real cal howard said:
Maybe a DLC where you get to play the game from Zelda's perspective, maybe get to dress up and fight as Sheik or something?
That should've been a thing awhile ago tbh.

I really like how Nintendo is letting indie developers use their IPs, Cadence of Hyrule looks awesome (Plus I already really liked Crypt of the Necromancer so adding a touch of Zelda is just icing on the cake) and hopefully this won't be a one time thing and we'll get more developers outside of Nintendo working on Zelda stuff as well as other franchises like Mario and Metroid.

Also here's a thread about the series High 5-A ratings I'd like some imput on.

Dust Collector said:
I really like how Nintendo is letting indie developers use their IPs, Cadence of Hyrule looks awesome (Plus I already really liked Crypt of the Necromancer so adding a touch of Zelda is just icing on the cake) and hopefully this won't be a one time thing and we'll get more developers outside of Nintendo working on Zelda stuff as well as other franchises like Mario and Metroid.
Also here's a thread about the series High 5-A ratings I'd like some imput on.
If only they also started to allow fangames like Mario 64 HD continue...

I've always thought it was a bit odd how casual Kirby was about it in his story:

-Kirby: Morning guys, anything up?

-Dreamland Resident: The Sun and Moon are fighting to death.

-Kirby: Huh, figures.

-Marx: Hey, hey, hey!

Well, Kirby has the most showy displays in a consistent way. IMO

And "Strongest character ever!" reputation tends to snowball pretty easily.

Yeah, I see what you mean, it's the reason why Saitama's reputation is such among many fans as well, because the spectacular looking stunts for his one punches.

on the other side of the coin it's the reason why many believe Power Rangers and Super Sentai are pushovers, because all they see is a lot of stunts and a rubber monster, and disregard the rubber monster could blow up a section of the moon.

I've even seen Link get some of that, to some non Zelda fans at least. They tend to think he's little more than a regular person that gets by thanks to sheer intellect and having the right tools, underestimating his raw abilities and actual power.

TartaChocholate said:
I've even seen Link get some of that, to some non Zelda fans at least. They tend to think he's little more than a regular person that gets by thanks to sheer intellect and having the right tools, underestimating his raw abilities and actual power.
Doesn´t that happen to basically everyone thanks to how Marvel and DC like to portray sharp objects as "conventional" dura-negating weapons? That appears to subliminally make eveyrone believe everyone is 9-C at most physically, and anythign beyond that are either absurdly hard materials or hax normally.

Dunno about that (but it's obnoxiously common to see people assume sharp objects are OHKs, true), but I mean more along the lines of interpreting Link as if he has a good display of speed is thanks to special boots, if he has a good display of strength is entirely due to his gauntlets. If he beats a superpowerful monster it was because he exploited a weakness or had the right object to weaken it, and so on.

Bobsican said:
I´m going to miss back when Link stomped Kratos hard.
At least the goddesses do somehow.
Well, Link does haxstomp Dad of Boi Kratos if 4-A, so there is that I guess. XD

Yeah, Nintendo are adding VR to their Labo stuff and they've confirmed there'll be a toggle in BOTW to enable VR mode. I believe they also confirmed VR support for Mario Odyssey as well.

VR isn't something that generally translates well, plus it's usually really bad for your eyes. But it's awesome to know that feature.

Favorite Dungeon is kind of a tough one for me as there are a lot of great dungeons; and really depends which category; as I can list favorite dungeon for each theme for instance: Fire, Forest, Water, Desert, ect. But I guess my overall favorite Dungeon would probably be Stone Tower Temple.

Stone Tower Temple has like a little bit of everything in terms of themes; fire, water, ect. And it's arguably the most complex dungeon in the series thanks to the gravitational flip feature. The boss fight against Twinmold, while easy as crap thanks to Giant's Mask, is still really fun to play against. Using arrows as an alternative also helps cope the too easy difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back