• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marin was on the left of the statue in the orignal, why did Nintendo move her to the right? Garbage remake, I'm starting a petition to get Nintendo to move her back to her correct position.

So I finally got Majora's Mask! Yay!

But my 3DS broke down! Booo!

So here I am whaling on everything in sight using Fierce Deity Link in Hyrule Warriors.

Thats not what i am saying at all what i am saying we should put more detail in it of what the TF actually as because in alttp and link between worlds it is said that its the triforce that controls space time and the laws of physics/reason/science of these world the tf not being there or being used was affecting all of it.

It is if it is shown which the TF did in more then one game also confirmed by Hylia it can alter/change the essence of all things (and it was shown to do so) also and the fact lore did confirmed it was a universal power

Universal:eek:f, affecting, or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases/ person or thing having universal effect, currency, or application

Code:
so yeah not a stretch at all
but yeah i need sleep also i feel bad for you tarta RIP

@Tarta Damn that sucks, and just when you finally got Majoras Mask too. But hey at least whaling on everything as FD Link sounds like a good time.

Also, have any of you seen this?

Dust Collector said:
@Tarta Damn that sucks, and just when you finally got Majoras Mask too. But hey at least whaling on everything as FD Link sounds like a good time.
Also, have any of you seen this?
That video was great.

I mean, it still is somehow the best rated videogame yet, or so I´ve heard.

It didn´t even age well...

Ocarina of Time is still a Master-Piece, but I think it's overrated compared to other Zelda games. For one, it's really on the easy side compared to other Zelda games as mention on another thread and I didn't find any of the bosses challenging even with three hearts. And even on the N64, I simply enjoyed Majora's Mask better in most every way.

I wouldn't say the game is overrated. Not a whole lot of people are parading it around as the greatest achievement of mankind like they used to back in the day and most of the elements of the game (Core gameplay, music, dungeons, controls) still hold up well today. There's obviously some stuff about it that's dated and could be done better, but it's still a fun and fantasic game to this day.

Bobsican said:
I mean, it still is somehow the best rated videogame yet, or so I´ve heard.
It didn´t even age well...
That's because most of those reviews were written around the time the game came out, and as I said - back in '98 the game was overrated.

Click on some of the reviews on critic reviews of Ocarina of Time, just seeing the webpage you are sent to should give you the knowledge on how long ago they were written.

Now in days - everyone says Ocarina is either overrated or terrible to the point where I feel like that socially - the game is underrated.

People who judge games using graphics above anything else are call "1080p-nesses".

But a 3DS is a DS?

DS game looks like itself

I normally wouldn´t mind the graphics, but the physics even feel as wonky as the N64 one.

And this comes from someone from the GBA era, by the way.

No, I´m saying that the physics is an extra layer onto something I don´t like of the game, but to an small degree.

Could you explain further? Because I don't recall ever having any major issues or thinking something is off about the hitboxes in my many playthoughs of the game.

My only problem with the original was its were its dated controls and I was ecstatic to see it remade and play so butter smooth.

So I have no idea what you are talking about personally.

Dust Collector said:
Could you explain further? Because I don't recall ever having any major issues or thinking something is off about the hitboxes in my many playthoughs of the game.
For example, even for games like Mario 64 where it´s expected, his walking hitbox is noticeably bigger than what it looks like, to the point I often get into walls more than expected.

It´s something minor enought however, so I can ignore that detail.

I wouldn't say his hitbox is noticeably bigger than it looks, it's likely a bit too big but not something I'd say is super noticeable.

And since we're on the subject of Ocarina of Time, this is a video I found recently called OCARINA OF TIME - A Masterclass In Subtext, and it's an amazing analysis on the story and themes of the game that I think is well worth checking out.

My thoughts on Ocarina: if they say "Best game ever!", "Masterpiece that has aged perfectly!", "Flawless since release!", yeah I'd say it's giving it too much credit. But otherwise, I do think it was a masterpiece of its time, still an excellent game and a landmark that pushed Zelda and influenced games in a very positive way. EDIT: I mean, it was a very well done jump to 3D, and the change from 2D to 3D was a surprisingly hard goal to accomplish.

I know this is a... awkward comparison, but it does remind me of Final Fantasy VII's situation: also back in the day praised a bit too much, and later on target of ridicule and insults. It was pretty bad especially in the 2000s and early 2010s, saying you liked Cloud or VII was asking to be made fun of. At least nowadays it has let up a bit. I guess Ocarina fell into the same "it's popular so it sucks" bandwagon.

I don't think any game really deserves the "best of all time" title, given how much things change and evolve.

Breath of the Wild was an amazing experience for the first 60 hours, and then slowly but surely became one of the worst experiences of my life for the next 300.

Yes it's proof that he causes it but it's an outlier since he lost to Link who takes major damage from 9-A explosions and lightning bolts ovo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back