• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobsican said:
Admit it, you have already encountered someone that called Link "Zelda".
I have never heard of anyone doing that, that wasn't joking.

I have heard people call Link, Peter Pan, however.

Anyway, best side character is Groose - he had an arc that I thought was well done, and was constantly hilarious.

I also liked Tatl - and the postman.

Zelda games always have characters that I like, but not because they are deep or anything, but because they seem like fun people to be around - it's one of the reasons why I like the series so much.

Bobsican said:
Still better than half of my classroom not knwoning who Mario is.
Where the **** do you live?

Mario is like, symbolic for video games in general - how could people not at least heard of the guy.

Ah, no te culpo. No puedo hablar por México, pero tal parece que fuera de Estados Unidos, Europa y Japón no hay tanta notabilidad de los personajes de los videojuegos como uno se esperar├¡a.

=P

TartaChocholate said:
Ah, no te culpo. No puedo hablar por México, pero tal parece que fuera de Estados Unidos, Europa y Japón no hay tanta notabilidad de los personajes de los videojuegos como uno se esperar├¡a.
=P
Eso si, todos saben sobre Dragon Bol y son otakus de primera, al menos en la mayoria, el resto ni tiene televisor por alg├║n motivo. :/

No joke, Dragon Ball is BIG in Mexico. I am pretty thankful for the amazing dub you guys gave us for the rest of Latin America, though.

Warren Valion said:
Unlike you losers, I speak Latin.
Oh yeah, I once had a teacher that taught me Latin. I kinda suck at it.

Puella Magi means Magic Girl, who would have thought that?

TriforcePower1 said:
The only reason I can understand you is because it's so freaking similar to Italian.
Wow, what my teacher said about italian being too similar to spanish is true.

@Triforce: Similar roots and all that. It speeds up a lot the learning process.You can make a similar point for portuguese (heck, we had the Brazilian dub of Saint Seiya in my country on TV well before a proper mexican dub and we could get by with that, we speak Spanish).

All Romance Languages (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Romanian) all orginate from Latin.

That's why they are similar.

Although I think Italian is considered the closest because it is the best one, Viva l'Italia for obvious reasons.

DB is so popular where I life that while I was playing DDD, other classmates confused Sora with Goku.

It´s as bad as it sounds.

Lol, really just check the sheer amount of speculation, theories and fan made stuff in youtube by Mexican fans. Even hardcore north american fans are bewildered by the hardcore Mexican fans. XD Edit: I think the Gohan Blanco and "el hermano de Jiren" memes came from a serious theories in the Mexican fandom? I could be wrong though

I still laugh how they affectionally called Jiren "El marcianito"

@Bob: I didn't know that one, boy the variations are hilarious.

Toon Link is pretty hardcore in Wind Waker, take a look at Hyrule Warriors, out of all the Links he easily has the most forceful and violent fighting style of the bunch, with lots of two handed wild swings and ground slams.

I remembered this

@Zelda: Algo con México, Mario y Dragon Ball, ya se me olvidó.

TartaChocholate said:
@Bob: I didn't know that one, boy the variations are hilarious.
Toon Link is pretty hardcore in Wind Waker, take a look at Hyrule Warriors, out of all the Links he easily has the most forceful and violent fighting style of the bunch, with lots of two handed wild swings and ground slams.

I remembered this

@Zelda: Algo con México, Mario y Dragon Ball, ya se me olvidó.
I feel like Young Link is the most violent and the scariest.

****** just comes in, starts slicing people into ribbons, and occasionally puts on a mask that transforms him into a dark god - allowing him to be able to cut the moon in half with a single blow.

Mexico + Dragon Ball = Lots of hype.

Yo se que ellos tenian livestreams de Dragon Ball Super y sus reacciones son como si estuvieran en un estadio. Son un espectáculo.

@Bobsican

.......how do they not know who Mario is.....he's almost Mickey Mouse levels of recognizeable.

@Warren: Young Link is scarier true. In Majora's Mask at least his design keeps the brave, determined but kind demeanor he had in OoT... but in Hyrule Warriors they tried to make him cuter and he just looks... off, his face comes as uncanny and rather plastic? Also his regular moves look clumsy and and very stiff, even compared to his moves in the original games, so he feels more puppet like. So when he puts the Fierce Deity mask and goes all violence (with Nobuyuki Hiyama's epic voice) it really feels the evil spirt dropped his vessel and just came out to finish things directly.

Zeldasmash said:
@Bobsican

.......how do they not know who Mario is.....he's almost Mickey Mouse levels of recognizeable.
Let´s just say they really aren´t gamers, and unlike Mickey (who always has some sort of TV show around), Mario doesn´t, meaning that only those at least play a videogame know him.

Por ejemplo, una vez introduc├¡ a una compa├▒era de la clase a Mario (Con el Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), y cuando le pregunté el otro d├¡a quién es rojo y usa overoles, me contesto que un bombero, pero apenas le acuerdo de Mario y me contesta "┬íMario Kart!".

Heck, even Pink Panther (Who REALLY needs a profile in the site) is more popular than him where I am.

If Mr. Videogame himself is a rather lesser known face himself, Link will be much less notable. As iconic as Fairy Boy is, he's a good step behind Mario as a video game face.

My favorite way of spite Dragon Ball IRL is saying that a nazi effortlessly beats up everyone, and they end up thinking I´m talink of IRL ones; lol.

Can't say that this practice is exactly advisable, bob.

Outside the wiki it kinda is, as they only seem confused and as they don´t know much really about Vs. debating (as to be expected), it leads to funny reactions, especially if surprisingly knowledgeable OP stuff is involved.

As for why, to show how much I can play with the knowledge of my classmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back