• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I heard the Blood Moon was contested here so I wanted to bring this up to confirm its legitimacy.

On a related note I've been meaning to do a recalc of Calamity Nando moving the moon, should get higher results than the current one we use (Although it won't be a crazy increase).

Js250476 said:
Hey guys a friend of mine sent me this today https://i.imgur.com/quN5Dyt.jpg
Is this enough to prove Ganon was causing the Blood Moon?
It doesn't mention him moving the moon though.

Like, he made the sky red, and ressurected the fallen monsters, all while being supressed, but it nevers says he moves the moons orbit or whatever - and that's what the feats based on.

TriforcePower1 said:
It mentions him causing the Blood Moon. That includes everything about it.
It says his suppressed power leaks out and causes, "The Night of the Red Moon", or the Blood Moon.

It then explains, in detail, that, "Ganon's Malice stains the sky a deep red, and the monsters that Link has slain return."

It says nothing about moving the moon into place or whatever when going into detail about what, "The Night of the Red Moon" is.

TriforcePower1 said:
I mean, the moon sure as hell isn't moving on its own. And now we have confirmation that it's caused by Ganon.
What is to say that the moon isn't moving into place so it will always be in the spot it needs to be in when the cutscene plays?

I mean, logically, what is the point of moving the moon in the first place?

And what we have confirmation on, is that Ganon's malice turns the sky (and thus the Moon as well from Link's perspective) red, and revived dead monsters - not that he moved the moon into place for no good reason.

Zelda wont shut up about how Ganon is the cause of the blood moon and that he is the one to cause all of it hell theres even a researcher npc thats trying to study that strang phenomenon and he comments the moon shoudnt even move like that so yeah it ganon and in context or even out of it its still ganon who does it

also this

"According to Princess Zelda, the Blood Moon is an effect of Ganon's power reaching a peak. Thus, it can be safely inferred that it is Ganon himself who is reviving the monsters, as it is only at this time that it occurs."

and to do this ganon as to maipulate the moon so its him alright.

But he isn't manipulating the moon, nothing proves that.

He turns the sky red, not the moon. The moon just looks red because the red sky is changing the color from Link's perspective.

It's a color filter, like a camera.

At said time, Ganon revives the monsters slain by Link, but nothing states that he is the one physically moving the moon.

The guide itself, that describes the process in detail, makes no mention of him moving the moon whatsoever.

The moon moves noticeably closer to the planet only when a Blood Moon is happening, and considering there's no set pattern for when Ganon causes the event other than "Oh shit Link murdered a lot of my peeps, best bring them back" then that would suggest he's also the reason for the moon moving closer as opposed to it being a coincidence that the moon just so happens to randomly move over 100,000 kilometres closer to the planet whenever the event happens.

In any case there's a lot more going for moon moving than his supposed planet rotation in Wind Waker which I plan on making a thread about soo.

Although there still is the question of why would he pull the moon closer in the first place only to then just send it back to its original position anyway, which is a noticeable blemish on the idea that he moves it.

"According to Princess Zelda, the Blood Moon is an effect of Ganon's power reaching a peak.

She is fighting and surpressing ganon at the same time like stated above it only happens when ganon gets the uper hand from time to time in there 100 years fight so yeah ganon did move the moon

I'm not saying that the moon doesn't move closer, I'm saying that nowhere, not even when specified in a guide, does it say that Ganon is the one that moves it.

It doesn't say anything about "shifting" or "pulling" at the moon or anything. All it says is, "Ganon's Malice stains the sky a deep red, and the monsters that Link has slain return."

Couldn't it be possible that the moon moves closer to the planet so that it is in the proper location for said cutscene to play - that it is a game mechanic.

A similar example would be something like saying that The Happy Mask Salesman is the one stopping time from moving when you are in the Clocktower in MM because Link obviously isn't and he is the only other person there.

Warren Valion said:
I'm not saying that the moon doesn't move closer, I'm saying that nowhere, not even when specified in a guide, does it say that Ganon is the one that moves it.

It doesn't say anything about "shifting" or "pulling" at the moon or anything. All it says is, "Ganon's Malice stains the sky a deep red, and the monsters that Link has slain return."

Couldn't it be possible that the moon moves closer to the planet so that it is in the proper location for said cutscene to play - that it is a game mechanic.

A similar example would be something like saying that The Happy Mask Salesman is the one stopping time from moving when you are in the Clocktower in MM because Link obviously isn't and he is the only other person there.
Oof ill come back later for the response bit really dude

Oh, god. I laughed more than should have.

Soo... to put a conversation topic. Aside the big two, Link and Ganondorf, what are your favorite characters from across the franchise? In Zelda's case we can mention specific incarnations.

I actually really liked Midna, Ghirahim and Ravio.

I unironically love Tingle, even in a series with tons of strange stuff in it he still manages to stick out as the supreme weirdo. There's also best girl Midna, she made Twilight Princess 1000× better by gracing us with her presence.

For best villain, I do like Ghirahim and Majora the best villains in terms of character. In terms of sheer badassery as a villain or role of a villain, I'd still say Ganon/Ganondorf. But as individual characters, I do like Ghirahim the best out of all villain characters with Majora being a very close second.

TartaChocholate said:
Oh, god. I laughed more than should have.
Soo... to put a conversation topic. Aside the big two, Link and Ganondorf, what are your favorite characters from across the franchise? In Zelda's case we can mention specific incarnations.

I actually really liked Midna, Ghirahim and Ravio.
Ghirahim, Midna, Impa, Zant, Skyward Sword Zelda, Groose, Makar, Ravio, Urbosa and Revali are some of my favorites.

Still think Ghrahim should have been in Smash to this day.

Js250476 said:
I think Midna with Wolf Link should have been playable.
Wolf Link being literally just TP Link from Smash 4 but with the Down Special command replaced with a transformation move to Wolf Link would be neat.

They could be an echo for Duck Hunt >_>

Though I agree another playable Zelda character would be cool. Ghirahim had many tricks to work out.

Echoes should be kept for characters that would at least retain the same hurtbox, and considering Wolf Link is quite bigger, yeah, it would be its own fighter, especially considering most of the moves don´t really match properly, mostly notable in the Special moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back