• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The last DMC thread

Strongly disagree with Glassman's arguements regarding the Void concealing its presence from Dante somehow. The text doesn't imply anything like that and it would be very assumptive of us and heading into head-canon territory.

Agree with Info Type 2.

Regarding NEP, as the Novel's text directly doesn't state or imply that the Void has no soul or no name, we cannot directly assume it to be this case either. However, due to how the verse works and the recent POC upgrades, the implication of what u suggested in the CRT is very strong. I recommend giving extra evidence for your arguments
  • First off, u can provide scans of Dante fighting or interacting with incorporeal fodders or fodders without soul and no name characters etc. Basically show that Dante already deals with such guys and the Void is indeed something superior and different.
  • Secondly regarding Dante calling the Void as Mundus, if you have the Novel in PDF, then u can search Mundus in the PDF and show the number of times it occurs and show each occurrence as extra supporting evidence for your arguments(I guess this is too much).

I agree with NEP 1 (Aspect 5; likely 1, 2, 3, 4). Depending on Versus threads we can allow or restrict the other aspects maybe?

No discussion about the Void's Omnipresence in this CRT??

Omnipresence is already covered by Void Mundus also being Energy Nexus which permeates entire dimension of demon world. So presence for both void and nexus needs to be mentioned separately.

Also good idea on the elaboration of evidence part. I'll try make a summarized para of all evidence and arguement tomorrow since I have a free day tomorrow.

First off, u can provide scans of Dante fighting or interacting with incorporeal fodders or fodders without soul and no name characters etc. Basically show that Dante already deals with such guys and the Void is indeed something superior and different.
well both dante & vergil were capable of interacting with demons that had no name in DMC3 Manga tho they also had souls and maybe a physical body. it's not what you're looking for but it is worth noting none the less here are the scans for it

however that aside i feel there's smth that's not been properly addressed here and it definitely needs to be.
it's the fact that Demons or rather the True form of demons are souls themselves. and that has been accepted as a thing in DMC for a long time(heck it's why they're 1-C currently)
so when they say Mundus they automatically refer to his soul because his physical appearance itself isnt himself infact in the first panel of the manga pages i linked above arkham states "to them a name is 'truth'. more than those forms they take. it is said that the name of a demon is closer to its true substance" basically he's saying that the name is closer to their true substance more than the physical forms they take. with true substance meaning their soul cus a name is only a part of the soul. so based on that when they say 'the void is the king himself" they're talking about his soul not his physical statue form or whatever

well both dante & vergil were capable of interacting with demons that had no name in DMC3 Manga tho they also had souls and maybe a physical body. it's not what you're looking for but it is worth noting none the less here are the scans for it
Well souls are the most fundamental and contains the other stuff too. Hence, a feat like interacting with no soul characters would solidly justify our argument for all the aspects.
But now I am playing safe with only one aspect i.e 5 and we could maybe give a likely rating for the other aspects because of the verse mechanics?

Omnipresence is already covered by Void Mundus also being Energy Nexus which permeates entire dimension of demon world. So presence for both void and nexus needs to be mentioned separately.
I see no omnipresence, only immeasurable in profile. When will Dante get IA/IR that counters omnipresence??

I think we're missing the point here.
A void is literally Nonexistence itself and we take that as a fact. About the whole name thing, we should also know that Dante has been able to interact with Nameless beings such as the Nobodies before with no problem, he's also able to interact with the names, information and mind normally because he is able to directly interact with spirits (and inherently souls), so i think Dante being surprised of Mundus's new form actually scales unfathomably above all those demons i've named.
That being said, we don't oftenly need scans for something like this, but i'm not even saying something that hasn't been said already.
Without further ado, the reason we take Dante's Instinctive Reaction effective against omnipresent beings is because Dante dodged the attacks of a Void, the void was a living being and he was inside that very void. Imagine darkness in the real world tried to kill you everytime you stepped in a shadow or something like that, you wouldn't be able to react because it will attack you from EVERY SINGLE ANGLE, you're already in the Darkness.

Back