• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King of Curses has a bad time

Show proof that his insticts would detect a layered invisible spatial slash. That's all I ask.
Invisible ≠ Cannot be sensed. And Sans is clearly capable of sensing attack without having to see them
Sans dodges 24 attacks before getting tired. Those attacks are a single simple slash. Sukuna can fire out a metric shit-ton of slashes every second via Dismantle. Even if we want to assume Sans can dodge Sukuna's danmaku slashes (When his best feat is dodging a single knife slash per turn, and IA is only assumed to work on a scale it's been shown too), he would become exhausted within the first few seconds of the match and then be killed after.
maxresdefault.jpg
After being exhausted and falling asleep, he was still capable of dodging blows tho

Can repeatedly dodge attacks from Chara, but after a while, he showed various signs of tiring, such as sweating, heavier breathing, and eventually beginning to fall asleep.[1]. Despite this, Sans was still able to dodge an attack after growing fully exhausted

Sukuna spamming Dismantle on Yuji.
Ev417RiWEAMa6yf

Sukuna literally slashing Geto's daughter into hundreds of tiny meat cubes

I mean look how he uses that shit in the anime. He can fire it off like a minigun. Sans isn't dodging all of that, and even if he does, he becomes tired after dodging 24 of them and then is immediately struck and killed.
What is Sukuna doing against this?

I'd also like to point out his attacks are intangible

He can start dodging while replying with his own Danmaku and burn Sukuna to death

And what the hell is Sukuna doing against this!?

What is Sukuna doing against this?
He does not use time stop in combat. Its a gag hability
I'd also like to point out his attacks are intangible
Sukuna does have nonphysical interaction, yes
He can start dodging while replying with his own Danmaku and burn Sukuna to death
Sans does not use any kind of heart or fire attack in-character, and Sukuna can tank this:
0259-003.png

And what the hell is Sukuna doing against this!?
Yeah, plot hole that we interpret as hax, not useful at all. Plus:
Split Soul Katana, which is a sword capable to ignore any substance to hit the soul, can be blocked by Sukuna with chainsawlike slashes. Don't see how he couldn't do that against Sans by using his own Danmaku over Sans's

Also, Sukuna has a bunch of soulless shikigamis that can just stand in front of him and block everything lol

Something along the lines of “let’s just drop this I feel good in you” etc. etc.
Yeah, Its not gonna work on Sukuna.
We’re not writing a fanfic here, so it’s not really important what exactly he would say
Is definitely important what he would say, Sans can't just say like anything here to convice Sukuna, like "hey, les't stop fighting and get some food, i paying" or "zamn, i forgot to pick the groceries, can you give up the fight?" It would be hilarious If Works, but that type of argument not gonna work on Sukuna.

the reason why SI would work is due to it working even on such unreasonable and bad people like Genocide Frisk
Genocide Frisk is not really that unreasonable, not as much as Sukuna atleast.
I don’t really understand still why Sans’ IA just doesn’t counter Dismantle ngl
When you speed read what I say, no doubts you don't understand. Even If he could Dodge, his stamina gonna destroy any chances of him doing for long before dying. Dismantle is also Danmaku.

The main argument from my side is basically IA + SI/Danmaku & Soul hax
Oh, you trolling me. I understand now. I actually took the bait too lol.
Oh well🤷‍♂️

Sukuna does have nonphysical interaction, yes
I scroll throught the profile, and I can't find it
Sans does not use any kind of heart or fire attack in-character,
Its explicitly stated ALL of his attacks have KARMA + its in-character and listed in his standard attacks
  • KARMA: Whatever is struck by one of Sans's attacks will suffer from this condition, for a brief period. It essentially functions as poison damage for one's SOUL. KARMA cannot exceed 40 and also cannot cause the protagonist's HP to fall below one, with the more KARMA damage is built up, the faster it drains.
and Sukuna can tank this:
0259-003.png
Unless u can quantify how much degrees is that, the feat does not help you

Can't Sans simply use Gravity Manip and throw Sukuna around as well? Its listed as his in-char abilities
  • SOUL Manipulation: Blue Mode: Similar to his brother, Sans turns his opponent's SOUL blue, giving it "gravity" and allowing him to more easily hit his foes. However, Sans appears to have a far greater mastery of this ability than Papyrus, allowing him to effortlessly fling his foe around by manipulating their SOUL, or effectively "changing gravity" and forcing them to move along the walls or ceiling.

After being exhausted and falling asleep, he was still capable of dodging blows tho
He was only able to dodge 1 simple knife slash, before being hit once the player swung a second time. He definitely isn't dodging Dismantle after being tired.

Durability Negation and Status Effect Inducement (Sans is able to inflict KARMA with each attack, a type of poison effect which whittles the opponents HP down overtime.[1] KARMA is heavily implied to affect even Flowey despite lacking a SOUL[3])

RCT or having Mahoraga block for him.

Sukuna has dealt with Heat attacks before. And again, he can have a Shikigami block for him.

I scroll throught the profile, and I can't find it
Sorcerer physiology
Unless u can quantify how much degrees is that, the feat does not help you
Is capable to vaporize steel, which by One Piece fans words, its above 27000 degrees celcius
Can't Sans simply use Gravity Manip and throw Sukuna around as well? Its listed as his in-char abilities
He can jump midair and has superior LS

He was only able to dodge 1 simple knife slash. before being hit once the player swung a second time. He definitely isn't dodging Dismantle after being tired.

Durability Negation and Status Effect Inducement (Sans is able to inflict KARMA with each attack, a type of poison effect which whittles the opponents HP down overtime.[1] KARMA is heavily implied to affect even Flowey despite lacking a SOUL[3])

RCT or having Mahoraga block for him.
Does Sukuna's NIP scale as high as this? Else Sans is bypassing a lot of stuff
Sukuna has dealt with Heat attacks before.
Again, if u can't quantify it, don't use it as an argument against a guy with 4982 Degrees heat manip

Aight

And about Dismantale, Sans is def teleporting out of its range, which is in char for him to do. And what stop him from teleporting those attacks towards Sukuna himself?

• Teleportation: While Sans is unable to reset the universe in the manner of someone such as Frisk or Flowey, he has shown to have a useful form of teleportation, allowing him to teleport not only himself but objects and other people, as well. During battle, Sans will often teleport his opponent, himself, and his attacks, not only moving out of harm's way but moving his foe into the path of a new attack. He has also shown the ability to restrain an enemy by repeatedly warping them back to their initial position.
It is at minimum 27000 degrees.
Source? Cuz what I searched so far shows far lower results

And about Dismantale, Sans is def teleporting out of its range, which is in char for him to do.
No, atleast not when the the fight first begins. He starts with just regularly dodges, and only begins teleporting once he gets really tired.

And Sukuna could still catch him off guard by firing multiple slashes with a thought. He could also fly away out of Sans range.

-----

Sans doesn't use Fire Manipulation, so I feel no need to argue against the Second point.

Last edited:
Funny how everyone took it as joke, except you. You're sad.
😐
I do not understand why are we assuming that Sans' instincts can react to a very spammable attack that are longer than his body that he can't even perceive.
1) Ah yes, his instincts will wear off bc there more than a single blast shot👍

2) Can't view an attack ≠ Can't sense an attack (I've already explained why he doesn't need to see the attack to dodge)

3) Please read Sans in-char moves:

• Teleportation: While Sans is unable to reset the universe in the manner of someone such as Frisk or Flowey, he has shown to have a useful form of teleportation, allowing him to teleport not only himself but objects and other people, as well. During battle, Sans will often teleport his opponent, himself, and his attacks, not only moving out of harm's way but moving his foe into the path of a new attack. He has also shown the ability to restrain an enemy by repeatedly warping them back to their initial position.

I feel like Sukuna could just use his Shikigami as Living Shields and distractions, while spamming Sans with Slashes from afar.

Sans can only dodge so much before getting tired, and once he gets tired its over. And there are still a whole bunch BTW. Sans struggled trying to dodge 1 knife.

And Sukuna could just use Malevolent Shrine, which Sans can't dodge and will have a limited amount of time to react to.

The only thing Sans has going for him really is his dura neg, which Sukuna could counter by healing or using Shikigami to block.

🗿
Let's not go there.
It's not his first time, hence my passive-aggressiveness. But you're right, I shouldn't. I'll drop it.

2) Can't view an attack ≠ Can't sense an attack (I've already explained why he doesn't need to see the attack to dodge)

Even if we accept this wanked IA, you'll need to prove that Sans would be able to dodge Sukuna's spammable cuts, which is far more than a mere knife slash.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying he would be overwhelmed by the amount of attacks coming at him instantly. We've only seen him be able to dodge at least four attacks at once, and they aren't comparable to what Dismantle can do.
Okay, but have his instincts ever been able to detect something like cursed energy? How's he supposed to react to multiple slashes coming at him that are all aiming at different parts of his body?
Teleportation wouldn't stop Sukuna from spamming Dismantle, and wouldn't that just drain Sans of his stamina as well?

I feel like another argument in favor of Sukuna just wearing down sans is he also has the ten shadows technique, so Mahoraga and his other beasts might help him in this situation

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying he would be overwhelmed by the amount of attacks coming at him instantly. We've only seen him be able to dodge at least four attacks at once, and they aren't comparable to what Dismantle can do.

Okay, but have his instincts ever been able to detect something like cursed energy? How's he supposed to react to multiple slashes coming at him that are all aiming at different parts of his body?
What happened to Verse Equilization? Also, Im arguing Sans teleports out of harm's range, not that he teleports Sukuna himself away.
Teleportation wouldn't stop Sukuna from spamming Dismantle, and wouldn't that just drain Sans of his stamina as well?
When was Sans shown to be drained by teleportation?
Is there anything Sans can do to win?
If its truly a stomp, match can't even be added to begin with

He was able to teleport 6 times a row, and still dodge a blow afterwards, all of this while already being tired. He also has sum Danmaku that can surround Sukuna, but aight
Yea I'm going to have to agree here. Sukuna can heal Soul Damage, literally Sans' one and only win condition. There is literally nothing he can do.
I forgot about that

Last edited:
The general arguments were that Sukuna essentially just outlasts Sans until Mahoraga adapts or he one-shots with Dismantle (if I remembered correctly)

Doesnt Karma just kick their asses though? It completely corrupts and poisons your spirit and body while also making you feel mind warping poison throughout your mental existence

Back