• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The green swordsmen vs The Red Knight

Eyup this is happening and don't take this too seriously, as this isn't going to be added, really just doing this for entertainment.

7-A+ Zoro and High 7-A Erza (Strongest armors are restricted for now.)

Speed is not equalized.

Winner via any means.

Zoro: 0

Erza:0

Incon:0

Is Zoro skilled enough to overcome the AP gap?
Massively, has a bunch of ridiculous swordsmen ship feats, crazy good Acrobatics and skill based Prediction and Information Analysis amongst another layer of precog from Haki.

Erza needed extra limbs to defend against a four armed swordsmen, Zoro back in East Blue could dance around and humiliate 8 armed swordsmen while seriously injured.

Massively, has a bunch of ridiculous swordsmen ship feats, crazy good Acrobatics and skill based Prediction and Information Analysis amongst another layer of precog from Haki.

Erza needed extra limbs to defend against a four armed swordsmen, Zoro back in East Blue could dance around and humiliate 8 armed swordsmen while seriously injured.
Then I'll vote for Zoro due to skill and dura negation.

tbh Is there even a point to this match? this key of Zoro is basically gonna end up a 6-B as soon as Wano is over iirc.

They are both AP type fighters with Erza having more sword class (which give different types of class)

so yeah Erza claps way too hard

Zoro has more skill than erza. His acrobatics and 2 type precog >>>> erza's 200+ swords. He was able to effectively weave through kuma's psw canon assault with ease and strike him. Pre ts feat.

As said above, erza had to grow more arms cuz 4 sword style was would've given her problems. Zoro defeated 8, 6 & 4 sword style users with soley on skill alone.

As said above, erza had to grow more arms cuz 4 sword style was would've given her problems. Zoro defeated 8, 6 & 4 sword style users with soley on skill alone.
This really isn't a valid comparison, given Erza has dealt with her with her own danmaku before which is far greater than 8 swords. Youko is just comparable to Erza in terms of Skill and having more arms means she is able to land more attacks.

This really isn't a valid comparison, given Erza has dealt with her with her own danmaku before which is far greater than 8 swords.
When has Erza dealt with her Heaven's Wheel spam?
Youko is just comparable to Erza in terms of Skill and having more arms means she is able to land more attacks.
That's the point of that comparison, Zoro's own 3 Sword Style in East Blue is harder to dodge than 6-8 arms attacking at every direction possible, and has feats of being able to defend from the same thing Erza wasn't able to without growing extra limbs to compensate.

When has Erza dealt with her Heaven's Wheel spam?
giphy.gif

And yes this also happens in the manga, but the anime gif is just easier to visualize.

But while there's a lot of swords they all travel in a pretty linear direction, and she didn't dodging them but deflecting them. Which requires much less movement than basically break dancing your way out of AoE and point blank moves, or opponents who are FTE.
Deflecting a blow is far more difficult than dodging one as you not only need to determine where you are placing yourself avoid being tagged similar to a dodge but you also need to maintain a good posture for the deflect itself as well as where you are deflecting the opposing weapon to. In fact thrusts attacks are fairly difficult to actually block in combat as they are less telegraphed then slashes. Deflecting is also more dangerous and require more skill as not only do you need to work around the body mechanics but the placement of the sword also matter as well as the how you're deflecting the blade away as well.

There is also Irene to consider as well as she managed to not only deflect Erza's Danmaku, but create a flower pattern as well. Erza herself then goes on to fight evenly with a much more serious human Irene and tag her several times which pushes her to use her dragon form.

Deflecting a blow is far more difficult than dodging one as you not only need to determine where you are placing yourself avoid being tagged similar to a dodge but you also need to maintain a good posture for the deflect itself as well as where you are deflecting the opposing weapon to
Can I ask where you even got this from? This is basic physics, dodging and dancing around the attack requires more more movement in a much smaller area. One is using Acrobatics to dance around attacks with large AoE, in a very limited space with Zoro being inches away. Erza is standing in place and moving her wrist and arms to deflect, how is this even a valid comparison?
. In fact thrusts attacks are fairly difficult to actually block in combat as they are less telegraphed then slashes.
Again that's simply not true, a trust based attacks are a lot more telegraphed, the center of gravity is changed, it requires an outwards thrust with your shoulder and biceps, almost an added thrust by the hips. Someone who knows how to slash properly isn't gonna be telegraphing like a mad man swinging around a sword, while even a professional fencer is forced to make those movements. Thrusting is also impossible at a close range (with swords.) while slash is still possible even in meele range.
Deflecting is also more dangerous and require more skill as not only do you need to work around the body mechanics but the placement of the sword also matter as well as the how you're deflecting the blade away as well.
Deflecting isn't more dangerous than dodging, the purpose of Deflecting is to make sure to deflect while using a object, she's using a shield and if we're really gonna argue like this let's talk about how much, much more movement in the body is needed to evade AoE based attacks using nothing but your body without any form of protection such as a sword which you can block with. Erza is stationary and blocking swords that are traveling in a linear fashion, Zoro is dodging attacks that are faster than him, with large AoE, and from several directions.
First of all it's unknown how Irene actually did that so i fail to see the purpose of this scan, Irene isn't even remotely implied to be a skilled meele combatant. Irene excells in magic, she very easily could have casted a spell to block.
Which is impressive how? Again, Irene skill in close combat isn't at all impressive.

Erza claps because holding swords with her toes is cooler than holding a sword with your mouth like Zoro

supernatural willpower tenacity, better/more swordmanship feats/showings, information analysis + haki precog and dura neg attacks voting zoro

Can I ask where you even got this from? This is basic physics, dodging and dancing around the attack requires more more movement in a much smaller area. One is using Acrobatics to dance around attacks with large AoE, in a very limited space with Zoro being inches away. Erza is standing in place and moving her wrist and arms to deflect, how is this even a valid comparison?
From an Essay on ARMA it specifically outlines that dodging is a much more efficient usage of movement, and that it is the preferred method of avoiding an attack in combat. This makes Parrying Danmaku more impressive than dodging it as Erza would have less time and movement to parry the next attack and the attack after that.
Again that's simply not true, a trust based attacks are a lot more telegraphed, the center of gravity is changed, it requires an outwards thrust with your shoulder and biceps, almost an added thrust by the hips. Someone who knows how to slash properly isn't gonna be telegraphing like a mad man swinging around a sword, while even a professional fencer is forced to make those movements.
First of all don't put words into my mouth, I didn't say that they would be swinging their sword like a madman, all I said was that thrusts are less Telegraphed than slashes the amount of telegraph is much but it is still there. This is just factually correct as a straight thrust requires less movements and rotation of the body than a cut would.
Thrusting is also impossible at a close range (with swords.) while slash is still possible even in meele range.
This is just wrong as half swording exists,
Deflecting isn't more dangerous than dodging, the purpose of Deflecting is to make sure to deflect while using a object, she's using a shield and if we're really gonna argue like this let's talk about how much, much more movement in the body is needed to evade AoE based attacks using nothing but your body without any form of protection such as a sword which you can block with. Erza is stationary and blocking swords that are traveling in a linear fashion, Zoro is dodging attacks that are faster than him, with large AoE, and from several directions.
Deflecting is 100% more dangerous than Dodging as the former require proper alignment and incredibly fast motions with a blade in order to move your opponents blade out of the way. As even a single thrust could lead to fatal injuries do to the penetration that thrush have. Thrusts are specifically for countering armored enemies like Erza is as to focus on gaps in the armor.
First of all it's unknown how Irene actually did that so i fail to see the purpose of this scan, Irene isn't even remotely implied to be a skilled meele combatant. Irene excells in magic, she very easily could have casted a spell to block.
Irene was able to block Erza's strikes even when she was using 3 swords at once and enchanted by Wendy at the time and still calls her skill is swordsmanship pathetic and mocks her for it.
Which is impressive how? Again, Irene skill in close combat isn't at all impressive.
Given Irene has feats of fending off Erza's attacks in martial combat she would be around Erza's skill level, so unless you can provide evidence against this than Irene is on Erza's level of skill.

For the record I'm not saying Erza is more skilled than Zoro as I personally don't care all that much about Erza vs Zoro and if it wasn't understood already my more sword argument wasn't serious. This match has been done to death already and I'm tired of debating it atm. I'm just outlining the fact that saying Erza is only 4 sword level and barely skilled at all is false.

For the record I'm not saying Erza is more skilled than Zoro as I personally don't care all that much about Erza vs Zoro and if it wasn't understood already my more sword argument wasn't serious. This match has been done to death already and I'm tired of debating it atm. I'm just outlining the fact that saying Erza is only 4 sword level and barely skilled at all is false.
For the record i think erza is def skilled its just zoro better being the swordsman archetype guy of his verse

When was the 4 sword level thing i dont recall this in fairy tail

Asura was saying that 4 swords is enough to overwhelm Erza and to me it seemed like he was saying Erza wasn't that skilled, however if I misunderstood what was meant with that statement then I apologize. However I don't have anything left to say on the matter so for the sake of my own sanity, I'm unsubbing from the thread.

Back