• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The green swordsmen vs The Red Knight

From an Essay on ARMA it specifically outlines that dodging is a much more efficient usage of movement, and that it is the preferred method of avoiding an attack in combat.
Yeah, and why would we take this site as fact? Even if what you were saying is true, I'm pretty sure they have no authority in that field. Usually when you reference something you make sure its legitimate first, but I did read the entire thing and I found something pretty interesting, because the article doesn't state that at all. The Article you linked talks about deflecting strikes with the edge of the blade and the blunt end of the blade, with the latter actually being the proper way to deflect.
This makes Parrying Danmaku more impressive than dodging it as Erza would have less time and movement to parry the next attack and the attack after that.
I already responded to this, the article you linked isn't comparing Evasive maneuvers and deflecting, the blog is talking about deflecting with the edge and without the edge portion, at no point in the article did they state that Parrying is more difficult than dodging.
First of all don't put words into my mouth, I didn't say that they would be swinging their sword like a madman, all I said was that thrusts are less Telegraphed than slashes the amount of telegraph is much but it is still there. This is just factually correct as a straight thrust requires less movements and rotation of the body than a cut would.
First of all, I didn't put any words into your mouth. Did you hear me say "you said" at all? Lord you just seem unreasonable defensive. The point being that with a slash, momentum is only needed from the biceps and arms, with a thrust that requires you to weight yourself down, and make an outwards jabbing motion, and shoulder movements are easily some of the most telegraphed attacks.
This is just wrong as half swording exists,
And Half Swording is a extremely dangerous practice that only works with European type swords and usually clad in armor. Not that this is relevant since Erza hasn't shown the ability to utilize European half swording.
Deflecting is 100% more dangerous than Dodging as the former require proper alignment and incredibly fast motions with a blade in order to move your opponents blade out of the way. As even a single thrust could lead to fatal injuries do to the penetration that thrush have. Thrusts are specifically for countering armored enemies like Erza is as to focus on gaps in the armor.
Deflecting while in a stationary position is in no way shape or form more dangerous than dodging attacks that are faster than you while in critical condition, the latter here requires far more precise movements, while also having your center of gravity changing consistently. Balance is thrown off dramatically, working in a limit space to move your body, etc. Deflecting requires alignment yes, but outright dodging and dancing around attacks millimeters away from yourself is gonna require a lot more alignment than simply deflecting while remaining in a stationary position.
Which is possible since Irene is faster than Erza or at the very least comparable. Her blocking attacks from Erza with a staff is a result of her speed, not her ability in close quarters combat.
Given Irene has feats of fending off Erza's attacks in martial combat she would be around Erza's skill level, so unless you can provide evidence against this than Irene is on Erza's level of skill.
It's not up to me to proof that Irene isn't as skilled as Erza, its up to you to prove that Irene is as skilled as Erza and her blocking her attack with a staff isn't evidence. Irene is all about her Magic Enchants, she isn't a warrior like how Erza is.

Back