• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The greatest Inconclusive match ever? Giorno vs Funny Valentine

Ok so to celebrate Part 5's new anime let's make this match. Funny is trying to remove crime, comes across Giorno and they duke it out.

Speed is equalised. Giorno has Gold Experience Requiem and Funny has D4C Love Train. Both start 2 metres apart.

You will never reach truth - 1

They are all those of justice - 0

Inconclusive - 2

If Funny already has D4C Love Train then GER might not have a cause to reset to, unless GER can reset all the way back to when Funny obtained it. That's all GER has to do to win this, though; get past that barrier. Nothing else Funny can do will affect it.

The thing is, Love Train isn't an "action taken against Giorno", unless GER can do that to any old thing and I'm misremembering the ability.

Monarch Laciel said:
I don't see why Giorno can't just reset Valentine back to a point where he doesn't have Love Train
Because Love Train isnt an action against Giorno. Love train isnt even an action Funny has control of.

Because Love Train isnt an action against Giorno. Love train isnt even an action Funny has control of.

Uh, Funny still had to take an action in order to obtain Love Train.

Yeah, there's nothing I can see on GER about "an action against Giorno". Just that it resets things to a prior state.

Funny not having Love Train is a prior state.

It doesn't matter if Funny can't do anything. No amount of staring at him is going to tell Giorno how he obtained Love Train.

if love train prevents luck, couldn't it stop him dying of old age. Cuz you don't really "die of old age" there are just health probloems that come along with old age that he could send elsewhere.

Unless Funny leaves for another universe, isn't he protecting Lucy?

and he stops GER from killing Lucy....how? yeah, he can't kill Valentine, but nothings stopping him from killing Lucy

With Love Train? If Funny stays where ever Lucy is, can GER still get to her?

would Love Train stop him from getting near? the only things it actually stops are projectices (from what I can remeber, correct me if I'm wrong).

Love Train nullifies all misfortune. From Funny's page Misfortune Redirection: Anything that goes near Valentine that would harm him or grant him any means of misfortune while he stands in the wall of light would be deflected away at someone else (i.e. a bullet shot at Valentine would be redirected to another person who is shot instead). This makes Valentine virtually invincible when inside the barrier of light. It can also allow Valentine to take wounds it deals on others to move throughout objects and parts of it until it reaches a point D4C wishes to reach and then accumulate the damage there (i.e. moving a scratch on the hand to a scratch in the heart). Love Train redirects misfortune to an infinite number of universes.

Since starving to death is something within Funny Valentine and not coming into Love Train, he still would be able to. Meanwhile, since GER can set things to the point of zero, he can probably just "Reset" himself.

GER hasn't displayed the ability to nullify effects that have already finished happening, I think it only prevents you from making new actions.

He can still reset his death. Yeah, he'll die over and over, but he'll still outlive. Plus, Giorno is younger and can live longer. My vote's for GER

Back