• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baken384

He/Him
Really Angry Jotaro Kujo vs Funny Valentine
  • Battle takes place in the streets of Cairo, Egypt.
  • Starting Distance: 20 Meters
  • Speed Equalized
  • Time Stop is restricted
  • Love Train is restricted
unknown.png
unknown.png

Jotaro Kujo: 7 (Chariot, Glaceon, Popted, Speedster, Stek, Shady, Baken)
Funny Valentine:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Jotaro punches D4C once and it ******* explodes.

Alternatively.

Jotaro punches D4C and Funny, this enables them to go to an alternate world, they bring back a Jotaro expy because it's actually in character and he'd be like yeah no **** that I'm not fighting that shit head on and Jotaro ******* explodes because dupe.

If Jotaro somehow survives the dupe, maybe because he's just far enough away (though if Funny wanted he could send the dupe out from right below Jotaro), Jotaro would likely pick up on the basics of the ability and opt for like Star Finger to kill to avoid dimension hop.

Funny could also **** off immediately and pull some of his shit, wouldn't be OOC, at 20m that's entirely possible to do before Jotaro gets within 2-4m.

Could go either way but in CQC Jotaro wins every time, it just depends on how Funny reacts to him at the start or if Plat punching ends up enabling a hop. I would say Funny would win in character as Jotaro wouldn't kill him, and thus Funny would hop, get a new healed body, and just take Jotaro out by surprise by dropping a paradox on him, but Jotaro is angery so Funny living isn't a option.

Leaning toward Jotaro, if they end up in CQC it's safe to assume Plat just punches D4C's head off and wins. There's still a good chance Funny uses his hop ability at the start but I'm gonna say like 60% of the time they end up in CQC and Funny just dies. Especially post CRT whenever that happens.

Vote counted. If Jotaro wants to go ranged, he can grab a pebble or some shit and throw it. It can go as far as 400 meters.

They quite literally don't, they proc his ability and phase through him. I'm going to be perfectly blunt here, if you haven't even read the Part, don't say shit like that.

No, if Jotaro hits him he's still probably dying an instant death, Plat has a solid 20x advantage, atop of a scaling chain and two one shots, I'm just saying Cream Starter wouldn't be damaged by it. (And honestly, Cream Starter isn't that helpful, he can instantly heal by body hopping, Cream Starter takes longer to heal and needs way more actions to actually do it. Cream Starter is more helpful in healing others).

Funny can avoid this if he plays it smart though and if he ***** off right away he likely can win, but if they throw hands he's almost 100% ******.

They quite literally don't, they proc his ability and phase through him. I'm going to be perfectly blunt here, if you haven't even read the Part, don't say shit like that.
Can you prove it?

No it wouldn't, you're acting like Jotaro punching his Stand would somehow effect the item's on Funny's person, that isn't how it works in any world.
He destroys Funny to the point he can't use cream starter, then punches away Cream Starter because he would be able to tell its a stand

He destroys Funny to the point he can't use cream starter, then punches away Cream Starter because he would be able to tell its a stand
He actually wouldn't be able to tell unless he makes physical contact with it, he can't just sense it's a Stand, especially given how unassuming it is.

Votes counted. Ill probably vote for Jotaro too now since everyone seems to agree Joots wins now and arguments for both characters has been made

And you're wrong, again. Even worse this time because there's actually up to three reasons.

Reason 1.
Blood wasn't from the impact, if anything it was from the menger effect given we know the blood wasn't from Wrecking Ball because we're ******* told as much.

Reason 2.
It might not even be blood, throughout that whole fight and more, there's black blotches and sprays, which isn't blood but rather just particle effects, as with that instance there. It's important to remember that that colored scans aren't done by Araki, in the original manga there's no difference between the two.

Reason 3.
There's also the common trick that Araki uses to incite suspense, only for you to flip the page and the truth is revealed, it's something he's been using since Part 2, it happens a lot even in cases where we know they never even made contact. He'll have an exchange look like one dude hurt the other accompanied with lots of blood, only for you to flip the page to reveal that isn't what happened.

And let's not get into the other examples as well. You think that's the only example of projectile-esque attacks failing to harm Funny? Not even gonna get into the guides that say otherwise. Unless you get him by surprise, projectiles don't work.

Stop talking as if you have even the smallest inkling of what you're talking about because it's obvious you don't. It's a nuisance at that, i don't have time to argue shit that's readily obvious to literally anyone that has even a passing knowledge in regards to Funny. "Prove the very obvious thing that's a common part of his skill set", what next you want proof he can dimension hop too? Maybe proof that duplicates initiate a paradox? Don't ask for shit again unless it's actually obscure.

Last edited:
Blood wasn't from the impact, if anything it was from the menger effect given we know the blood wasn't from Wrecking Ball because we're ******* told as much.

Scans?

It might not even be blood, throughout that whole fight and more, there's black blotches and sprays, which isn't blood but rather just particle effects, as with that instance there.

like where? Not saying you're wrong, just don't remember anything else that looks the same as that substance that came out of Valentine when the sphere hit him

There's also the common trick that Araki uses to incite suspense, only for you to flip the page and the truth is revealed, it's something he's been using since Part 2, it happens a lot even in cases where we know they never even made contact. He'll have an exchange look like one dude hurt the other accompanied with lots of blood, only for you to flip the page to reveal that isn't what happened.

Wouldn't apply to part 7, just that one instance in part 2

And let's not get into the other examples as well. You think that's the only example of projectile-esque attacks failing to harm Funny? Not even gonna get into the guides that say otherwise. Unless you get him by surprise, projectiles don't work.

Scans?

Last edited:
Read the profile, read the manga. I'd understand if you wanted scans for something obtuse, vague, or unknown, but bruh. The only projectiles he can't deal with are ones that resist BFR (So Johnny's I guess given he even tried to BFR his attacks once and failed because space manip) or ones he can't see. Normal Projectiles he can just phase it through parts of his body to remain unharmed.
like where?
Like that ENTIRE fight. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say throughout that entire arc that was a thing, not once, not twice, I'm talking like every other panel, even when nothing is hitting anything. Which fyi, almost every panel below has it despite the blows never actually making contact with anything.

Using the original panels to accentuate my point of how Araki originally drew this.
That's all you're getting from me for the rest of the night, that little bit took like 50 minutes because manga dex wants to be a pain and force me to use a VPN.
And fyi, this is all the same chapter.
In the majority of those panels nobody was even touched. Araki like halfway through Part 7 decided having black sprays and blotches was cool and ends up using them just as much, if not more, then even speed lines. Though I will admit sometimes it can be easy to mistake blood for his wacky effects, but then again not really because if they get damaged they'll keep the damage, have cuts, have blood drip from them and stay dripping between panels or even whole volumes and etc, ironically, Funny actually does get damaged in this fight, he gets a bloody lip, and that bloody lip stays between every panel till the end of the fight, and when he body hops to a new Funny, we actually see both the new Funny and the damaged Funny stand side by side with the damage itself pointed out, and all he has is a bloody lip because he used his phasing to avoid taking damage in every other example.
Wouldn't apply to part 7, just that one instance in part 2
I said it's used constantly, I linked a Part 2 example because that was the earliest example I could think of where he did this to show it's been used since the very start of the manga almost and It's still used to this very day. It's used probably on average once every volume, and at most multiple times a arc.
Last I checked there is literally scans of this linked ON his profile. Hell if you wanna be anal about it I'll gather some scans when it's not 1am, chances are most of them are on the Funny profile rewrite sandbox anyway, unless I find out that there's examples on the profile already, in which case yeah that's gonna be on you lad.

Read the profile, read the manga. I'd understand if you wanted scans for something obtuse, vague, or unknown, but bruh. The only projectiles he can't deal with are ones that resist BFR (So Johnny's I guess given he even tried to BFR his attacks once and failed because space manip) or ones he can't see. Normal Projectiles he can just phase it through parts of his body to remain unharmed.

Like that ENTIRE fight. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say throughout that entire arc that was a thing, not once, not twice, I'm talking like every other panel, even when nothing is hitting anything. Which fyi, almost every panel below has it despite the blows never actually making contact with anything.

Using the original panels to accentuate my point of how Araki originally drew this.
That's all you're getting from me for the rest of the night, that little bit took like 50 minutes because manga dex wants to be a pain and force me to use a VPN.
And fyi, this is all the same chapter.
In the majority of those panels nobody was even touched. Araki like halfway through Part 7 decided having black sprays and blotches was cool and ends up using them just as much, if not more, then even speed lines. Though I will admit sometimes it can be easy to mistake blood for his wacky effects, but then again not really because if they get damaged they'll keep the damage, have cuts, have blood drip from them and stay dripping between panels or even whole volumes and etc, ironically, Funny actually does get damaged in this fight, he gets a bloody lip, and that bloody lip stays between every panel till the end of the fight, and when he body hops to a new Funny, we actually see both the new Funny and the damaged Funny stand side by side with the damage itself pointed out, and all he has is a bloody lip because he used his phasing to avoid taking damage in every other example.

I said it's used constantly, I linked a Part 2 example because that was the earliest example I could think of where he did this to show it's been used since the very start of the manga almost and It's still used to this very day. It's used probably on average once every volume, and at most multiple times a arc.

Last I checked there is literally scans of this linked ON his profile. Hell if you wanna be anal about it I'll gather some scans when it's not 1am, chances are most of them are on the Funny profile rewrite sandbox anyway, unless I find out that there's examples on the profile already, in which case yeah that's gonna be on you lad.

Read the profile, read the manga.

Not an argument

And ok, you're right about that not being blood

Back