• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Eminence in Shadows: Cid speed downgrade

Second22

They/Them
From this calc

I have no problem with the calculation method, but because I encountered a similar feat that resulted in a lower outcome than this calculation, and since I currently follow the calculation standard shown on this page.
In this case, if a reference object with known speed can be visually confirmed to not have moved even 1 pixel (which requires the feat to happen in a visual media like a comic, movie or animation) one can figure out the timeframe, by saying that it must have been less than the timeframe that the object would have taken to move 1 pixel.
I am not sure which method is more accurate than the other. However, if we were to use Metroman's method, we would get a result approximately like this.
  • Anime, in general, is done at 24 fps
  • 8.42685882754 / (1/24) = 202.244611861 m/s (The results are vastly different from each other.)
Or another way if combined with the speed of his sister who was standing still.
  • (20/(1/24))*8.42685882754 = 4044.89223722 m/s not bad
Anyway, I still think that both results above are more reasonable than the current value, which is Sub-Relativistic+. So I created this thread to ask CGM which method is more appropriate to use.

The second one is like 5000x slower than the previous calc, I would say is pretty bad from certain perspective.

The second one is like 5000x slower than the previous calc, I would say is pretty bad from certain perspective.
There should be a consistent standard for both Cid and Metroman's speed to move in frozen surroundings. Cid is able to move a little while the surroundings appear frozen but can achieve speeds up to Sub-Relativistic+. On the other hand, Metroman is able to move many kilometers in surroundings that appear frozen at only Massively Hypersonic speed. Therefore, a standard should be established for characters who are able to move while the surrounding objects appear frozen.

There should be a consistent standard for both Cid and Metroman's speed to move in frozen surroundings. Cid is able to move a little while the surroundings appear frozen but can achieve speeds up to Sub-Relativistic+. On the other hand, Metroman is able to move many kilometers in surroundings that appear frozen at only Massively Hypersonic speed. Therefore, a standard should be established for characters who are able to move while the surrounding objects appear frozen.
There's no need for such standard. It depends on how fast the frozen character or object can move in comparison

There's no need for such standard. It depends on how fast the frozen character or object can move in comparison
And that is not the method used to calculate Metroman's speed. The calculation used 30fps, which does not take into account how fast the objects around him are moving. If used Cid's calculation method, it would make him much faster. We still need a standard for calculating feats like this.

And that is not the method used to calculate Metroman's speed. The calculation used 30fps, which does not take into account how fast the objects around him are moving. If used Cid's calculation method, it would make him much faster. We still need a standard for calculating feats like this.
The standard is to use the speed of the reference objects. If you're dissatisfied with Metroman's calc then redo iy or ask someone to help you do it. The video link for the feat isn't even working anymore so i can't tell what it is

The standard is to use the speed of the reference objects. If you're dissatisfied with Metroman's calc then redo iy or ask someone to help you do it. The video link for the feat isn't even working anymore so i can't tell what it is

Both calculations are now accepted. It's normal to figure out which method to use, since the two calculations use different methods. And I won't recalculate anything because I'm still not sure which method is correct.

Back