• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random Chunni Boy vs a Completely Not Homosexual Grappler (Cid Kagenou vs Baki Hanma)

"Through sheer skill he was able to not only survive[22] against Olivier whose strength, speed and power were dimensions beyond his own, as Cid was unable to use any magic, while she could, in a world where not using magic, superhuman characters can be killed by a regular bullet; he was even able to kill her.[22] Even while he was weighed down by the coins he was carrying, he was able to block attacks which not came from his blind spots,[7] but also from every direction"

Pretty sure this makes Cid win easily here

"Through sheer skill he was able to not only survive[22] against Olivier whose strength, speed and power were dimensions beyond his own, as Cid was unable to use any magic, while she could, in a world where not using magic, superhuman characters can be killed by a regular bullet; he was even able to kill her.[22] Even while he was weighed down by the coins he was carrying, he was able to block attacks which not came from his blind spots,[7] but also from every direction"

Baki also has feats of fighting against characters that massively outstat him. For example, as a 13 year old, he was capable of fighting and defeating Hanayama, who had a weight advantage of a 100 kg and was at bare minimum 5 times stronger than him, which is considerably close to an one-shot difference

Also, he performed a similar feat against Pickle. I don't really have all scans here since they are a lot, but I will try to put everything if you ask for it. Essentially, Pickle in previous instances was capable of one-shotting and blitzing Baki with a tackle. In their second encounter, Pickle once again ****** up Baki physically, making his internal organs shut down and making it pretty much impossible for Baki to breath. Despite this, he was capable of keep on fightin and performing a new type of footwork which allowed him to dodge all of Pickle's attacks to such a level that it seemed like they were phasing right through him. A little bit more of context about the footwork is given here.

So yeah, fighting way stronger characters is nothing new in Baki.

For some reason I'm not able of linking the Hanayama thing, I will try here
https://********.org/chapter/5334b109-e76f-4482-af09-31f782f706c1/5

Problem is, They are not stated to have strenght dimensions above him

There is also this;

"Can perceive purpose in the smallest of actions[11] such as a tremor in a sword’s tip, a shift in gaze, the position of the feet, and prepare a superior response. Has the skill to think battles through, envisioning the battlefield from above with keen eye for understanding a fight’s progression and predicting its future developments.[19] Can analyze his opponents with just a glance, and can refine his movements in a fight,[11] making him have to evade less, and giving him more chances for a counter attack. His swordplay is polished to the point of being art, being great enough to let him be known worldwide, and yet that isn't even his real sword play as Shadow, just a fancy sword style meant to be performative.[18] This fancy sword play, which isn't even his real sword play, is a single, incomparable masterpiece kneaded together with the best parts of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where even centuries of training won't reach.[20] Has reached the pinnacle of martial skill,[7] being able to dodge attacks by walking, making microscopic movements. His attacks are natural; there’s no bloodlust, no hesitation, no swagger, thus people can’t perceive them,[27] just like they aren't actively conscious of individual raindrops falling."

Problem is, They are not stated to have strenght dimensions above him
Saying "Oh, his strength is dimensions above mine" is just a more fancy way of saying it's much more stronger, I don't see why it should be treated as anything more than that without further context
There is also this;

"Can perceive purpose in the smallest of actions[11] such as a tremor in a sword’s tip, a shift in gaze, the position of the feet, and prepare a superior response. Has the skill to think battles through, envisioning the battlefield from above with keen eye for understanding a fight’s progression and predicting its future developments.[19] Can analyze his opponents with just a glance, and can refine his movements in a fight,[11] making him have to evade less, and giving him more chances for a counter attack.
Gaia was capable of reading the heart in order to predict every movement, which allows him to know his opponents' strategies, morals, fighting spirit, and numbers. With this he was capable of reading the shots of a hundred soldiers, and it was stated to be a lesser form of Musashi's prediction which consists on literally reading the brain waves sent by the opponent. Due to obvious reasons Baki far upscales from this.
His swordplay is polished to the point of being art, being great enough to let him be known worldwide, and yet that isn't even his real sword play as Shadow, just a fancy sword style meant to be performative.[18] This fancy sword play, which isn't even his real sword play, is a single, incomparable masterpiece kneaded together with the best parts of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where even centuries of training won't reach.[20] Has reached the pinnacle of martial skill,[7] being able to dodge attacks by walking, making microscopic movements. His attacks are natural; there’s no bloodlust, no hesitation, no swagger, thus people can’t perceive them,[27] just like they aren't actively conscious of individual raindrops falling."
About the swordstyle, I'm not really sure how this compares to Baki at all. Mastery of countless martial arts is not really something new in baki, since even beginning of series Motobe was creating styles of Jujutsu capble of countering all martial arts styles, Yujiro also knows all martial arts, even ones that were forgotten...

And Baki has been capable of reading attacks with no bloodlust since forever, so that last part seems quite useless here.

And what about his slime suit?

Can Baki damage that?
Does it work differently in the novel than in the anime? Cause as far as I remember it doesn't bring any significant advantage besides allowing Cid to attack from a longer range. I might be wrong tho

Does it work differently in the novel than in the anime? Cause as far as I remember it doesn't bring any significant advantage besides allowing Cid to attack from a longer range. I might be wrong tho
Really? I was under the impression the slime suit had higher durability than his own?

Really? I was under the impression the slime suit had higher durability than his own?
Like, it's never stated as far as I remember. It most likely has a somewhat higher durability, but not to a level it would allow him to simply neg Baki's attack

What about Cid's AD then?

His AD is really fast to the point of leaving every character comparable to him in the dust by the next volume

What about Cid's AD then?

His AD is really fast to the point of leaving every character comparable to him in the dust by the next volume
Baki should have quite obviously AD, but for some reason it's not in his profile, which kinda amazes me since he has it since pretty much the first ten chapters.
In either case, I believe that Baki could resort to amps like demon back, Cockroach Tackle, Kiai and so to render the AD useless, at least during the beginning of the fight.

To this point I believe I should allow I AM ATOMIC

His AD would overcome those quick imo

Cid with his Analytical prediction + Instinctive reaction might also help him dodge attacks such as Kiai and Cockroach Tackle

His AD would overcome those quick imo

Cid with his Analytical prediction + Instinctive reaction might also help him dodge attacks such as Kiai and Cockroach Tackle
With demon back Baki would have pretty much a 4x advantage, does Cid have any feat adapting to a gap like that?

Baki has resistance to analytical prediction through instinctive reaction, in particular Gaia's analytical prediction...

With demon back Baki would have pretty much a 4x advantage, does Cid have any feat adapting to a gap like that?
The fact he can fight someone stronger than himself and even kill

When he is reduced to someone without powers against someone who is stronger, faster, more durable with pure skill

I think he is more than capable of handling it

The fact he can fight someone stronger than himself and even kill

When he is reduced to someone without powers against someone who is stronger, faster, more durable with pure skill

I think he is more than capable of handling it
Yeah, but he didn't do that through AD, or am I wrong?
My question was if Cid was capable of adapting to 4x stats gap in a short timeframe. I know he can fight with characters much stronger than him, and so can Baki, but that was not what I'm asking.

Btw, I'm going to sleep since I'm pretty much falling asleep on my keyboard, I will reply tomorrow, have a good night.

This is a stomp, should be closed tbh. Cid's profile hasn't been upgraded but his I am atomic attack was able to light a good portion of the solar system and create a blackhole that travelled dimensions, Baki has 0 chance of winning. I saw that you mentioned I am atomic is restricted but that doesn't change the fact that Baki gets absolutely neg diffed as even with it restricted it's still proof that he's able to withstand that much power as he's obviously able to exert said amount of power

Cid's profile hasn't been upgraded but his I am atomic attack was able to light a good portion of the solar system and create a blackhole that travelled dimensions
Didn't see any CRT for the verse about that. Either way, I am atomic is restricted, so it's not really relevant here.

I saw that you mentioned I am atomic is restricted but that doesn't change the fact that Baki gets absolutely neg diffed as even with it restricted it's still proof that he's able to withstand that much power as he's obviously able to exert said amount of power
He could exert that level of power through a special technique that he can't use here. There is no proof that feat scales to his physical stats.

Didn't see any CRT for the verse about that. Either way, I am atomic is restricted, so it's not really relevant here.
Yeah you didn't see it because it hasn't been added like I said, and yes it is relevant because it is stated that Cid's AD allows his magic to eventually perform above I am atomic. So with that being the case forget his scaling about being solar system lvl, you restricted I am atomic under the assumption that he'd win if he had it. Otherwise it obviously wouldn't be restricted, Cid is already at a point even before the solar system feat where his magical abilities are beyond the I am atomic that he had previously used via his AD. Baki has no way to win against someone who's not only physically stronger than himself but has a wider variety of abilities that he's never seen and cannot adapt to, even with the speed equalization Cid has flight and can absolutely bully him from long range and even from close range Baki has no way to deal with the slime suit. This a stomp no matter what angle you try and tackle this from, Baki is 7-C Cid is 7-A at a baseline and potentially 4-B I don't see the competition 🤷‍♂️

He could exert that level of power through a special technique that he can't use here. There is no proof that feat scales to his physical stats.
Incorrect, did you just make a vs battle without checking Cid's profile? 💀 I'm genuinely shocked it literally says it on the first few sentences of his page his AD allows him to surpass his previous physical peaks with I am atomic, and yes if it wasn't obvious in order for a living being to exert any amount of force or energy it has to be able to withstand equal amounts of force or energy. Cmon this is basic stuff you think the magic he uses for I am atomic just comes out of thin air?

Yeah you didn't see it because it hasn't been added like I said
No, I mean I didn't see any CRT about the topic. Has this already been discussed in a crt?
Otherwise it obviously wouldn't be restricted, Cid is already at a point even before the solar system feat where his magical abilities are beyond the I am atomic that he had previously used via his AD. Baki has no way to win against someone who's not only physically stronger than himself but has a wider variety of abilities that he's never seen and cannot adapt to
First, just cause his magic scales to I am atomic doesn't mean his physicals do. Harry Potter might be capable of doing wall level or above feats through magic, that doesn't mean he can do the same with a punch. There is no reason to believe his magic scales to his physicals, even less when the profiles make a clear distinction between magic and physicals.

Secondly, what kind of wider variety of abilities does Cid have? Besides I am atomic his entire arsenal is composed of swordsmanship, martial arts, and ranged attacks through slime suit, which are all things Baki has dealt with before. Unless there is some random technique that has just been recently added to the LN and that I'm not aware of, there is nothing in Cid's arsenal that is too unusual for Baki.
even with the speed equalization Cid has flight and can absolutely bully him from long range and even from close range Baki has no way to deal with the slime suit
As I said previously in the thread, I don't see how slime suit gives Cid any kind of advantage besides ranged attacks, which Baki can simply dodge through way better analytical prediction. Also, it's in-character for Cid to go into CQC first.
I'm genuinely shocked it literally says it on the first few sentences of his page his AD allows him to surpass his previous physical peaks with I am atomic
No it says his magic can surpass his previous I am atomic, which is clearly differentiated from his physical stats.

and yes if it wasn't obvious in order for a living being to exert any amount of force or energy it has to be able to withstand equal amounts of force or energy.
Same example as before, Harry Potter can shoot wall level magical beams, doesn't mean they scale to his physicals. Even the profile states his durability is lower than his I am atomic AP.

First, just cause his magic scales to I am atomic doesn't mean his physicals do. Harry Potter might be capable of doing wall level or above feats through magic, that doesn't mean he can do the same with a punch. There is no reason to believe his magic scales to his physicals, even less when the profiles make a clear distinction between magic and physicals.

Secondly, what kind of wider variety of abilities does Cid have? Besides I am atomic his entire arsenal is composed of swordsmanship, martial arts, and ranged attacks through slime suit, which are all things Baki has dealt with before. Unless there is some random technique that has just been recently added to the LN and that I'm not aware of, there is nothing in Cid's arsenal that is too unusual for Baki.

As I said previously in the thread, I don't see how slime suit gives Cid any kind of advantage besides ranged attacks, which Baki can simply dodge through way better analytical prediction. Also, it's in-character for Cid to go into CQC first.
1. That's a terrible analogy to use as this is The Eminence in Shadow and not Harry potter Cid is not a useless human without his magic 2nd. You never said the use of magic was restricted just that a single move was restricted again a really horrible analogy because Cid has other moves he can poor an equal amount of mana into I am atomic is the act of becoming something akin to a nuclear bomb Cid can still do equal amounts of dmg without the move so that's your misconception

Baki has no counter to the slime suit, as it's literally powered by Cid's mana. The same mana he uses to power I am atomic, this goes back to my previous point you are not restricting the use of Cid's mana you're restricting the use of a single move, just because you stop Goku from using kamehameha doesn't mean he suddenly loses the ability to use ki

Cid will outdo him with his AD, Baki has no AD on his profile from what I'm seeing. There's also the fact Baki has no counter to Cid's supernatural luck which is it's own can of worms

Last edited:
Maybe you are not aware of this, but magic, usually, does in fact come out fron thin air. That's why it's magic in the first place.
Magic comes from mana bro what the hell are you talking about? It's at the end of the day a kind of energy, if magic truly came out of thin air everyone in every fantasy series would be able to blow up the universe. By far the dumbest thing you've said no offence you seriously need to do more research

Last edited:
No it says his magic can surpass his previous I am atomic, which is clearly differentiated from his physical stats.
Are you blind? Or can you just not read? It clearly says on Cid's page that he's 7-C physically which by default puts him on par with Baki and then it says he's 7-A WITH MAGIC followed by it saying higher with I am atomic, if you want Baki to win just restrict the use of magic. Don't sit here and clearly come up with factually incorrect notions of a character and then continue being incorrect about all his subsequent info

1. That's a terrible analogy to use as this is The Eminence in Shadow and not Harry potter Cid is not a useless human without his magic 2nd. You never said the use of magic was restricted just that a single move was restricted again a really horrible analogy because Cid has other moves he can poor an equal amount of mana into I am atomic is the act of becoming something akin to a nuclear bomb Cid can still do equal amounts of dmg without the move so that's your misconception
You completely missed the point. Cid might be a hundred times stronger than Harry Potter, but you still need to prove his magic feats scale to his physicals if you want to say so, which you didn't so far.
All the other offensive mana moves are simply variants of I am atomic which are restricted.

Baki has no counter to the slime suit, as it's literally powered by Cid's mana. The same mana he uses to power I am atomic, this goes back to my previous point you are not restricting the use of Cid's mana you're restricting the use of a single move, just because you stop Goku from using kamehameha doesn't mean he suddenly loses the ability to use ki
He uses magic to control the slime suit, hardening it at will, not to empower it's attacks. And again, going for ranged attacks is not his starter move.

Cid will outdo him with his AD, Baki has no AD on his profile from what I'm seeing. There's also the fact Baki has no counter to Cid's supernatural luck which is it's own can of worms
Baki doesn't have AD in his profile cause it's ass basically. Even in the first few chapters we see Baki learning Karate in less than a month to the point he could stomp several 3th dan black belts and dog the top student of the shinshinkai school. Besides, he can counter his AD through amps, as I said before.

His supernatural luck is not combat aplicable. He never showcased it in a combat context.

Magic comes from mana bro what the hell are you talking about? It's at the end of the day a kind of energy, if magic truly came out of thin air everyone in every fantasy series would be able to blow up the universe. By far the dumbest thing you've said no offence you seriously need to do more research
The amount of fantasy verses that actually use manais extremely small compared to the normal. The average fantasy story does not use such concepts, instead, magic comes from, guess what? Thin air.

Are you blind? Or can you just not read? It clearly says on Cid's page that he's 7-C physically which by default puts him on par with Baki and then it says he's 7-A WITH MAGIC followed by it saying higher with I am atomic, if you want Baki to win just restrict the use of magic. Don't sit here and clearly come up with factually incorrect notions of a character and then continue being incorrect about all his subsequent info
What you said previously was not that he was superior with the use of magic, but that he is physically superior, which is what I'm arguing against.

You completely missed the point. Cid might be a hundred times stronger than Harry Potter, but you still need to prove his magic feats scale to his physicals if you want to say so, which you didn't so far.
All the other offensive mana moves are simply variants of I am atomic which are restricted.

He uses magic to control the slime suit, hardening it at will, not to empower it's attacks. And again, going for ranged attacks is not his starter move.

Baki doesn't have AD in his profile cause it's ass basically. Even in the first few chapters we see Baki learning Karate in less than a month to the point he could stomp several 3th dan black belts and dog the top student of the shinshinkai school. Besides, he can counter his AD through amps, as I said before.

His supernatural luck is not combat aplicable. He never showcased it in a combat context.
No, YOU completely missed the point. I wasn't saying his magic feats scale to his physical AP and it doesn't have to because you didn't restrict the use of his magic you restricted the use of 1 move

Yeah no shit sherlock, so tell me genius if he hardens the slime suit using the same mana he uses to empower I am atomic what does that say about the durability of his slime suit? It's proportional to the amount of mana he has

What counter does Baki have against Cid's AD? He has no way to counter Cid's AD

Supernatural luck is in of itself an actual ability, it's literally a requirement for it to be on a character's profile regardless that's not even important now. Cid's other abilities is the focus

Last edited:
The amount of fantasy verses that actually use manais extremely small compared to the normal. The average fantasy story does not use such concepts, instead, magic comes from, guess what? Thin air.
I don't give a shit how many fantasy verses don't use mana, this one does. Stop changing the subject you're wrong, period. Baki cannot win against Cid you've been dodging the core of the subject this entire time Cid can still use magic and he has a mana empowered slime suit that has better durability feats than Baki has AP stop the bs if you cannot prove Baki being able to get past something of Cid's caliber with magic he has no way of winning end of discussion and even if Cid starts with CQC Baki cannot neg diff him in time for Cid to just start resorting to long range tactics which is in character for him to do so literal minutes after starting a fight

Last edited:
What you said previously was not that he was superior with the use of magic, but that he is physically superior, which is what I'm arguing against.
I never said that, you just misunderstood you're referring to when I said that his AD allows him to surpass his physical peaks with I am atomic. Yes it does, me saying physical peaks is not referring to his physical AP or Durability without the use of magic I was referring to his physical capabilities using magic. I don't understand why you're under the assumption that Cid can only use I am atomic with his magic and I have no clue how you're incapable of comprehending that Cid's mana is what allows him to use I am atomic in the first place. So until you answer this and stop changing the subject I will not reply to your points and waste my time going back and forth anymore I'll repeat what I'm about to say. Cid wins mid diff at best, that's my vote unless you prove that Baki can damage the slime suit and beat Cid before his AD closes the gap between the 2

Last edited:

Lmfao goofy ass "muH SkiLlZ" (Random bullshit)

No, YOU completely missed the point. I wasn't saying his magic feats scale to his physical AP and it doesn't have to because you didn't restrict the use of his magic you restricted the use of 1 move
You were just before he massively outdoes Baki physically, because he outscales his I am atomic with magic. I am asking you to prove his magic scales to his physicals, which you didn't do yet.
Yeah no shit sherlock, so tell me genius if he hardens the slime suit using the same mana he uses to empower I am atomic what does that say about the durability of his slime suit? It's proportional to the amount of mana he has
Not necessarily? My ******* toaster uses the same source of energy than hydraulic presses, doesn't mean it can do the same. So far we have only seen Cid use his magic to control the slime suit, while we have no solid reason to believe it scales to the totality of his magic.
What counter does Baki have against Cid's AD? He has no way to counter Cid's AD
He can amp and defeat him before Cid adapts, which is something that can actually happen with his pseudo-blitz + dura neg.
Supernatural luck is in of itself an actual ability, it's literally a requirement for it to be on a character's profile regardless that's not even important now. Cid's other abilities is the focus
Just cause it's in the profile doesn't mean it's combat aplicable. Vagabond Musashi has regen listed in his profile despite it's not fast enough to be used mid combat. Cid has never ever showcased supernatural luck in combat, only in more casual context. And I agree, we should focus on his other abilities.
I don't give a shit how many fantasy verses don't use mana, this one does. Stop changing the subject you're wrong, period.
Don't really remember the verse actually using mana? Maybe I'm just wrong tho.
Baki cannot win against Cid you've been dodging the core of the subject this entire time Cid can still use magic and he has a mana empowered slime suit that has better durability feats than Baki has AP
See point one and two.
and even if Cid starts with CQC Baki cannot neg diff him in time for Cid to just start resorting to long range tactics which is in character for him to do so literal minutes after starting a fight
I would actually argue he can, based on what I've seen so far from Cid in terms of CQC. Baki seems to have a big advantage in technique and analytical prediction, and I don't see how Cid could counter 0.5 uncounscious, or his dura neg.
Yes it does, me saying physical peaks is not referring to his physical AP or Durability without the use of magic I was referring to his physical capabilities using magic.
See point one.
I don't understand why you're under the assumption that Cid can only use I am atomic with his magic and I have no clue how you're incapable of comprehending that Cid's mana is what allows him to use I am atomic in the first place.
Because that's the only offensive use of mana he has showcased besides the slime suit?
So until you answer this and stop changing the subject I will not reply to your points and waste my time going back and forth anymore I'll repeat what I'm about to say.
Ok? I mean you do you, I don't even care that much about this topic anymore, since there is little to no people willing to discuss it. I will post this to respond to the points you posted, but like, you have no obligation to keep discussing this if you don't want to.
Cid wins mid diff at best, that's my vote unless you prove that Baki can damage the slime suit and beat Cid before his AD closes the gap between the 2
K, I will count that.

Back