• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So I was going around on G+ and I ran into this post . The result gave me some good chuckles.

If you guys can't open the post, I copied and pasted it for you.

The DC universe expands 60 trillion light years in half a second. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7bb2d3ea79f8e3fbaff1eb5aabe5812e

That means it expands 120 trillion light years in a second.
The universe is 13.8 billion years old.
There are 31,557,600 seconds in a year.
This means there are 435,494,880,000,000,000 seconds in 13.8 billion years.
If it kept expanding at this rate, the universe would have expand by 52,259,385,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 light years from the big bang.
Multiply it by two to get the full diameter, and the universe is 104,518,771,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 light years in diameter.
104 nonillion light years.

Update: A friend showed me this: https://plus.google.com/+NightHunterX/posts/MuxiYBCt7CR

So with the DC Universe actually being 15 billion years old, there are 473,364,000,000,000,000 seconds in the DC Universe.

This means the universe actually expanded 56,803,680,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 light years ever since the big bang.

Multiplying it by two to get the radius gives us 113,607,360,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 light years as the minimum diameter of the DC Universe.
113 nonillion light years. Not a major difference, but good to note.

Lol, the thread that has Batman claiming Superman has Planck Time reflexes doesn't seem so far fetched now.

How thick DC universe is compared to those of... Marvel universe?

Now I see why most versions of Flash are around the fastest non-inmeasurable/infinite/irrelevant characters in the wiki.

This seems real iffy. Spanning 60 light years in half a second does sound like the initial blast of the big bang, but I highly doubt it's continuing endlessly. Still, Word of God still only said the DC Universe is 100 trillion light years. You may ask Matthew Schroeder and Sandman31 to comment here, but I highly doubt the calc will be accepted.

I'll ask for their thoughts if it's necessary, but whether or not this is accepted, I just want to clarify a two things:

It was 60 trillio light years a in half a second, so unless the universe made a sudden stop in expansion, I doubt that it stopped at 100 trillion light years. In just one second, it would reach 120 trillion light years, surpassing our minimum.

And the 100 trillion light year scan wasn't stated to be the end of the DC universe, it was just how far they travelled in that scan.

Well, I meant at least 100 trillion light years, and 120 trillion light years is probably okay, but Matt basically said what I said about it being the initial blast, and is now much slower after the 60 trillion light year blast. Though, a restricted Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics) is still the fastest Massively FTL+ character on the site iirc.

"If it kept expanding at this rate, the universe would have expand by"

Keyword being if, we know for a fact that the intial expansion of the RL universe was far faster than the current one, so same logic should apply here.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's the initial expansion of the big bang. Not the full expansion that continuously happens lol.
Okay then. So what information do we take from this calculation? It's already 3/5 of the minimum size of the DC universe size that we use on this wiki in only the span of half a second.

I'm not sure how fast universal expansion is now, but I doubt that it slowed to practically a near dead stop over 13 billion years.

I don't know how the current expansion is calcable, but the initial explosion is literally THAT much faster than the continuous expansion after the blast; it's like really slow now for sure.

Back