• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Darksiders Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Darksiders discussion thread.Here,we can discuss anything about Darksiders,from the gameplay,story,meme and more IMPORTANT,planning the revision for our current Darksiders.

Also we got the new trailer for Darksiders 3,in that game Fury will become the protagonist.

Darksiders 3 11 Minutes of Brand-New Gameplay - IGN First-0
Darksiders 3 11 Minutes of Brand-New Gameplay - IGN First-0

Darksiders 3 Trailer - Gamescom 2018
Darksiders 3 Trailer - Gamescom 2018

Darksiders 3 Cutscene See Fury Get Her Flame Fury Form - IGN First
Darksiders 3 Cutscene See Fury Get Her Flame Fury Form - IGN First

I'm pretty sure there are a few universal feats lurking in there. We just have to find them.

I'm excited for this game as well. As for Death and War being 8-B, kind of a shame that they're rated so low compared to other Hack and Slash characters. I'm sure there are far superior feats lurking around somewhere out there, or at least some in depth lore.

I mean,there is an feat we didn't notice in that game,if we found that,it will be an possible upgrade for Death and War.

I'm pretty sure 8-B is pretty downplayed. Especially since they literally cause the end of the world when they are unleashed.

Also, I read the lore and I'm pretty sure there are creator entities in the game too.

Because I thought they'd be more powerful than what is currently listed on their profiles

I've played through both games, including the remasters several times, so I guess so, lol.

Yeah, War and Death should be Tier 6 at bare minimum IMO, just from being the creator and destroyer of the worlds. Also, I'm pretty sure the 4 horseman were intended to be Abstract beings. The Creator should be Low 2-C since he's basically the monotheistic God who created the universe.

I don't quite remember the time frame, but wiping out all life on Earth in a short time frame is generally in the Multi-Continent level range. Though, it's also common for Country level characters to do it overtime. Though, they might be higher than that. IIRC, Death restored humanity via reality warping in the end of Darksiders 2. So that could be Planet level.

Regenerationn could be higher than Low-Mid, and if it's true that they abstract beings, they'd have Abstract Existence. Don't know about much more abilities though.

That would be limitations due to game mechanics which is literally the worst reason to downplay a character. Take how Simon Belmont it Low 2-C or Bill Rizer is High 5-A; they have feats on that level that are canon. Struggling to fight fodder is not canon and Attack Potency and Destructive capacity are 2 widely different things.

Why would that be gameplay mechanics? I don't remember anything indicating such power except their titles as horsemen.

Unless you have a statement from a canon source about such power,you can't exactly disregard it as game mechanics since that would be pretty baseless.

Absalom single handedly annihilated the human race and brought the Earth to ruin in lore. Death after defeating Absalom restored the human race to save his brother and lived. "His Journey has not ended" is a metaphor that he's still alive. Also, we generally treat Reality Warping the planet as a Planet level feat. Also, there's no reason not to assume that these characters are stronger than the strongest nuclear weapons ever built by mankind.

This happened over an unknown period of time so I'm not sure how this is quantifiable,restoring the human race isn't an exactly an AP feat as well. Ehh I'm not understanding that particular last line,are all fictional characters above real nukes?

It happens in a short time from, also, there were statements about these characters being able to cause massive storms. Tornadoes, Floods, etc. have often been calc'd at Tier 6. Reviving the human race isn't an AP feat, but it is a range feat. However, fixing a planet that was completely unstable is a Planet level feat. Or a planet that was in ashes, but full of live after a reality warping feat a High 6-A to 5-B.

And no, not all fictional characters. Was talking about the Nephilim in Darksiders. There's no reason for them to be weaker than nukes since they successfully taken out the human race who should have access to said weapons, when even with those weapons they struggle against each other. Absalom on the other hand easily stomped both militaries comparable to the US and Russia and everyone else.

Don't get me wrong,I think they're above city block as well. But unless we have some feats I don't really see much that can be done. Death if I remember correctly wasp stated to be the strongest of the horsemen, even I can't remember anything from the comic or game although I could be wrong since it's been a while.

It's not really demonstrated on screen, and it's been a long time since I played the games, so I'll have to find them. It's clearly mentioned in the narratives that the Nephilim wiped out all humanity. The 2nd one my memory is better on though. Here's some info on Death's feat

The quote, Death's Journey has not ended is a metaphor. It means he's still alive. He may have been willing to "Sacrifice" himself, but he survived. It would scale to his durability and in turn his AP and Striking Strength since he can trade blows with Absalom. Also, read the narrative after that scene; it mentions "A Shattered Earth." Not to mention it was Absalom who caused the Earth to be shattered in the first place.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The quote, Death's Journey has not ended is a metaphor. It means he's still alive.
Incorrect.

What that quote means was that he was eventually going to retur, along with the other 3 horsemen, when Uriel broke the Seventh Seal in DS1.

He sacrificed himself for the good of mankind,until we have direct evidence he is alive it's all speculation. I'm not understanding how Absalom scales to the Well of souls if I'm understanding correctly? "Shattered Earth" implies the earth is in piece literally,I haven't seen anything from when I played implying the earth is "shattered" it's likely a hyperbole.

Except that also means he never died, but was simply sealed away. Still, I too am unsure about Planet level but Absalam wiping out the human race single handedly should be well into Tier 6 or at the very least an extremely high Tier 7 at bare minimum. The former being more likely though.

Reading between the lines of the video. "The 7th Seal," gives the impression that the other horseman were sleeping, and not dead. If they were dead, then what happened to Fury or Strife, who were never implied to have ever died in the first place. "Shattered Earth" means it was in ruin. Humanity is dead and it was wiped clean of all life. Still, nothing suggests the Nephilim are any weaker than the strongest man made weapons or even natural disasters.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Reading between the lines of the video. "The 7th Seal," gives the impression that the other horseman were sleeping, and not dead.
Okay.

War, at the end of Darksiders 1, got impaled by Uriel with the Armaggedon Blade and died right in front of us.

Death could be seen disappearing into a flash of light when he sacrificed himself into the Well of Souls.

The other horsemen, we won't know. We'll have to wait until Darksiders 3 before we can find out Fury's fate.

I don't know how you can say "sleeping" when two of the horsemen literally died in the endings of their respective games before they were resurrected by Uriel's breaking of the 7th Seal, which restored and brought both War and Death back to life. (You could even see energy get absorbed into War when the Seal was broken)

Did War really "Die" if events like that happened to him or Death before; getting impaled in the chest at that, and were simply knocked out briefly? The entire plot of Darksiders 2 is War being put on trial, meaning he's alive. Also, there's still the potential Abstract Existence thing. You don't kill abstract beings just from slaying physical embodiments. Just because Superman killed one of Darkseid's avatars doesn't mean the real Darkseid dies. Absalam is the only Nephilim to be confirmed dead.

Still, the main point is still being argued against. The fact is, Absalam caused the Earth into ruin, but War falsely got blamed for it. And a good Tier 6 rating seems reasonable. 8-B is far too low for War and Death. Those are the main highlights.

Did War really "Die" if events like that happened to him or Death before; getting impaled in the chest at that, and were simply knocked out briefly?

War literally wasn't moving until the energy absorption started, and then after that do we see War's hand move.

So yes, he was dead.

In Death's case, I can't really say anything here due to lack of evidence, but I'm sticking with my belief that he died when he sacrificed himself.

And since when did Absalom drive the Earth to ruin? If I remember correctly it was the ongoing war on Earth between Heaven and Hell that caused the destruction of the entire planet's population (where War was also sent out by the Council for their own benefit during this).

I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me, but the Nephilim (under Absalom's command) was stated to have driven countless worlds into ashes (this was stated at the beginning cutscene of Darksiders 2), and Earth wasn't included in one of those "countless worlds". If it was, then the battle between Heaven and Hell would've taken place already on a Shattered Earth, but yet at the beginning of DS1, Earth was looking normal Pre-Apocolypse

Says here that Absalom is the source of all corruption across the realms. That might be something.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Says here that Absalom is the source of all corruption across the realms. That might be something.
And what does that have to do with your original point?

The Corruption didn't break out on Earth nor before or during the Heaven and Hell Crisis at the beginning of DS1.

My original point is that there are feats out there that are far above 8-B; my only main point. And that this is a general discussion.

Back