• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tonygameman

He/Him
__mazinger_z_getter_1_grendizer_getter_dragon_great_mazinger_and_8_more_getter_robo_and_9_more_drawn_by_zer013__sample-0511e9c468c7aa8bd01ed47ad564fc12.jpg

Greetings, fellow giant robot/mecha people. I've decided to write a discussion thread of Go Nagai's super robot grandfathers in the 1970's. You're probably thinking "Aren't those two separate universes?", they just happen to have non-canon crossovers with each other and share a same position in the genre's history. Going by usual major subjects to prepare for:
  • Separating canons and cleaning profiles. (already planning up a Toei anime page based on RTs linked in a calc request)
  • Revising the Getter Robo verse after it's entire deletion. (a manga calc has been written up by the fellow expert)
  • Discussing potential feats, calculations, scaling and pages. (I personally see the villain empires as civilizations)
  • Additional stuff, whatever you want to talk about both franchises (or others from Dynamic like Steel Jeeg as originally pictured; two are the major focuses here, though).

Last edited:
The AP/Durability feats here I think might get Getter at most into Tier 8, though the speed ones are a bit more difficult to calculate since the clips begin a bit too late I think, or we don't see the satellite's exact position and size which would be a little helpful.

The AP/Durability feats here I think might get Getter at most into Tier 8, though the speed ones are a bit more difficult to calculate since the clips begin a bit too late I think, or we don't see the satellite's exact position and size which would be a little helpful.
There's a better feat where a Mechasaurus drills from below the Earth's crust to the surface in 2 seconds, I think that probably gets casual tier 7
There's another feat where a satellite located in the graveyard orbit of the planet fires missiles at Earth, and Getter can react to them pretty easily

So is it not clear where that satellite is exactly? The gap between those two distances is immense...

So is it not clear where that satellite is exactly? The gap between those two distances is immense...
It's clear it should be at least in the graveyard orbit, since they call it the graveyard and you can see space vehicle debris there. So at the very very least the low end is perfectly usable. The high end can be argued for, but it's a bit less substantiated.

Made the AP calc

Posted on the evaluation thread too

Evaluated as well, but I'd recommend getting other CGMs in there.

And there ya go, we have City level and sub-relativistic Toei Getter
From the respect thread, I'm sure Mazinger will get around City and relativistic-FTL by itself, maybe continental with Grendizer scaling
Manga Mazinger has a direct "super hydrogen bomb" statement so I'm sure he'll get city-mountain
Manga Getter has a mountain feat I already calculated
(accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, lol)

Taking that into account and how the Warrior Beasts first dominated him very badly before being upgraded later on upon Koji's return (utterly destroying a whole army easily in Infinity), I feel like Mazinger should have two keys based on Super Alloy Z (City) and Super Alloy New Z (Continental) alongside a Infinity one when LiSA powered him up.

That movie even has the robot museum from another called "UFO Robot Grendizer vs. Great Mazinger", where we see the two clashing that could provide aforementioned scaling in latter's part.

Last edited:
Back