• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Darksiders Discussion Thread

Unsure, I'd prefer to hear more input. From what I heard, Dark649 had an interest in Darksiders.

I was waiting for Darksiders 3 to release before upgrading them, the verse needs a page more profiles. The Horseman have the mostly seen restricted and the unrestricted hyped abstral forms, the unrestricted forms are featless but the restricted ones are not [Death stomping The Leviatha in the comic, defeating foes with a notable size and destroying stone blocks with ease]. War is not the cause of ruining earth [since the many wars, the chain reactions of destruction and corruption over time are responsible] and the blame was put on him, Darksiders 2 explores earth and humanity ruined conditions and at the end Death defeated Absalom the Avatar of Chaos [The Corruption is an entity that ignores durability and was ruining pretty much all of creation], sacrificed himself to restore earth humanity and was revived to assist the other Horseman. I do agree that they are higher than 8-B since they defeated foes empowered by the well of souls, but i was unable quantify it.

The games/comic for now does not show that much, we could find something deep in the lore/cosmology of the verse, i'm also glad that this discussion thread was made.

Yeah, that does seem fair, I agree on waiting for Darksiders 3 before upgrading them. And yeah, creating a Verse page does seem like a good start. 8-B was mostly a reasonable place holder. Though, the Creator, a character never seen but often mentioned, would probably be Low 2-C though.

What Death and Crowfather says about the Well of Souls in Darksiders 2 could help us with the upgrades:

The Well of Souls is a place of unimaginable power... the key to life and death, of creation itself.
~ Crowfather​
A dark presence guards the Well, and the seeds of corruption writhe withi.
~ Crowfather​
The well is corrupted.
~ Death​
Also, when Absalom was sent to the well after being killed by Death (2:45 - 3:22) the corruption started taking form from inside the well and then Absalom was starting to spread corruption throughout the universe (The 3 realms: The White City [Heaven], The Dark Kingdom [Hell] and the Kingdom of Man [Earth]) working to undo all of creation (which is what the Well has power over).

Wouldn't this make Absalom, those charged by the Well of Souls (as well as Death and War by scaling) Low 2-C?

(If that's the case then the creator should be at least at least Low 2-C likely far higher)

The corruption was done and spread over a long period of time, it also the ingnores dura of anything. Death had to sacrifice himself in order to restore humanity.

Do you have any scans/video clips to show that it was spread over that long? I don't remember when I played the games seeing/hearing its duration to spread to the other realms.

>Death had to sacrifice himself in order to restore humanity

Yet he managed to defeat foes (and even Absalom) charged by the Well.

I'm not all that sure about this, do you agree with my above post?

Death cannot be Low 2-C because he defeated Absalom [he is the avatar of the corruption, not as powerful as the corruption itself] on his restricted state, Low 2-C is when you have full access to all the power of the well [which was corrupted over time], the foes fought by Restricted War and Death were empowered by it but we don't know how much.

I think I should also add these quotes from Darksiders 1 to show evidence that the Destroyer's armies were fueled by the Well:

Listen to me, the gate must be shut, the tower must be cut off from the Well, it is from the Well that The Destroyer draws his power.
~ Azrael​
The Well of Souls?
~ War​
Millions of Souls. Yes, enslaved, twisted! A corrupt power to fuel The Destroyer's Armies!
~ Azrael​

Dark649 said:
Death cannot be Low 2-C because he defeated Absalom [he is the avatar of the corruption, not as powerful as the corruption itself]
But wasn't the corruption born from Absalom? Death even stated that he stopped the corruption when he killed him the second time.

So would that make Unknown-Level WOS Enemies <= Restricted War & Death?

Yes, but Absalom is seen in the well while the corruption spreads over time all over the universe by ingnoring durability. The Restricted Horseman's should be not that weaker to Absalom, who was needed Death the strongest of them to defeat him. The Unrestricted Horseman's are likely god tiers of the verse, only behind the creator but we don't know how much since are featless and if godly beings that can fight them in that state exist.

Even though the Seven Seals is keeping both War and Death from full power, Death isn't nearly as restricted as War.

We all know that War was stripped of most of his power by the Council in Early DS1, but Death wasn't.

Well, if there are informations/quotes that suggest that Absalom had all the power the well connected to the the key of creation, then we can have rating for the unrestricted characters.

Dark649 said:
and if godly beings that can fight them in that state exist.
If Restricted War could kill Abaddon, and if Restricted Death could kill Absalom, I'd definately put the unrestricted horseman as stronger than everything aside from the creator (and possibly the Council)

What I don't understand about the Council is that they were charged by the Creator and even gave the 4 Horsemen their power, yet they fear being overthrown by Abaddon and his forces (2:03 - 2:56)

They even outright state that they cannot stop Abaddon. (But the Four or even just One alone, as they were confident on just sending War by himself, can)

Dark649 said:
Well, if there are informations/quotes that suggest that Absalom had all the power the well connected to the the key of creation
The only things I have atm are the quotes I've posted above.

The Crowfather states that the Well has power over all life (Angel, Demon, Mankind and even Nephilim)

And the corruption writhed from within the well, which allowed him to absorb power directly from it. (On the last few paragraphs of the "Darksiders II" section)

While I'm here could I suggest using the meteors to upgrade them? (Since that should make them stronger) also if memory serves there's a tier 7 feat somewhere in 2

@Hellbeast

Not a bad idea, I know someone who is good with calculating these sort of things. I'll see what I can do about it

Their profiles yes, i will research for the meteors, tier 7 feat and if the latter feat scales to them.

Also just thought of something Straga endures sitting in lava and War kills him (supporting feat) also i recommend checking the Abomination Vault (since it has Nephalrm weapons of mass destruction it might have good stuff)

Ooh nice, I think The Crowfather causes a large chunk of the mountain to crush Death when he climbs up the mountain (At least I think so), as for the Watcher I'd just say unknown honestly.

Now I'm back and I had something I felt could be notable. The Lord of Bones actually cast away Argul's Tomb from the land of the dead proper (No idea what this yields but this is pretty good), Frostbane is from this tomb and is described as a being that is empowered by the Abyss whom appears to be Non-Coporeal in this quote (For context Death murders him without issue which might corroborate with what the Makers said about Corruption whom Death also defeats with his scythes) and according to the synopsis on the wiki the Crowfather conjured thunderbolts and gusts of wind to destroy Constructs (He also commands armies of Crows). Furthermore there's a Grand Abomination that can cause volcanic eruptions (7-B to possibly 6-C varying on the volcano) and Death proves he can manipulate blood since he condenses a bunch into special vials (All this can be found here)

Also according to Thane (Can't find the quote now lol) Bheither carved a deep pit where she would hide (This being her boss arena) though it also seems to just be a mine shaft of sorts.

And if anyone's going to calc the meteor feats this blog can be used to extrapolate the heights of our heroes.

I read the Abomination Vault around a year ago, so a recap like this is really appreciated.

I'll add those other abilities you've mentioned to Crowfather's profile. Thanks a lot.

Don't know if this has been brought up, but the reason Death isn't some world destroying super god in Darksiders 2 is because he isn't acting in his capacity as the Horseman of Death. He doesn't have the Charred Council buffing him up. He's not doing his job, so he doesn't have the authority that job comes with.

Darksiders 1 is just cuz War was stripped of his powers, as we know

@Monarch

The Charred Council isn't the one that is buffing him up, they only gave the Horsemen their power in exchange for their loyalty to them.

It's the Seventh Seal that is restricting the Horsemen from their full power.

Nah, that's only for earth's apocalypse. The Horsemen were implied to be able to act in their full power at the council's behest other times

And I'm assuming that this is not something shown in the games?

(If that's the case I need to seriously take another look at other Darksiders media)

It's in one of the cutscenes that explains who the horsemen are. They have their full power there Seventh Seal is more like a representation that its time for them to do their jobs iirc

Ooh boi High 6-A Horsemen, also does anyone know how powerful Samael is? Because all I know is he's just under Lucifer in power and a whole fight with Death only left a small cut on his cheek.

Ah, Monarch basically said what I head a feeling that there had to be some in depth lore somewhere to upgrade the Horseman. Though, someone should probably create the Verse page.

That's what it looks like coming from Monarch. That puts War and Death in the same tier as Kratos; sounds fitting IMO.

Back