• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Current Ruling on YouTube profiles and other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched exactly one video from the channel and so don't know almost anything about it, but how would Darkmatter2525 be treated according to the standards now?

I guess I also agree with Frank's videos being used as well. Though I don't know much about Darkmatter2525 so i can't help there.

Darkmatter's videos are fine because it's a show that happens to run on Youtube. But there's the religious thing that might make it not allowed.

Depends on if it's worse than Preacher or SMT in that regard. If it's really bad, it might be way too political, but we've had some pretty bad stuff here.

It's not political, it's just pointing out the flaws of religion. You can't really compare it to Preacher or SMT, but because it's a comedy people might find it offensive, even though it isn't trying to be.

That sounds ok, but I'd probably make a thread on it in and of itself before moving on with anything.

Darkmatter is fine. If it is complicit with our many other rules, it should be ok. Anyways, after hearing about Monster Girl Quest, Darkmatter seems almost tame.

If this discussion has led to Brandon Rogers being allowed, I would like to reexamine a potential series of profiles discussed earlier that were rejected for similar reasons.

We can do that but not on this thread. The main purpose now is to finalize the policy page.

Real life profiles such as weapons serve an illustrative purpose, they're fine.

I think youtuber profiles in general are more trouble than they're worth because most of youtube's content creators do not care about having a cohesive storyline between their videos and don't bother to distinguish themselves from the characters they play, not that they have any obligation to do so.

AguilaR101 said:

I think youtuber profiles in general are more trouble than they're worth because most of youtube's content creators do not care about having a cohesive storyline between their videos and don't bother to distinguish themselves from the characters they play, not that they have any obligation to do so.
I agree with this sentiment.

Sera EX said:
I think AVGN could have a profile but only the film appearance, not his game reviews (though they might be too closely related).
In regards to this specific thing (as I agree with everything else stated), AVGN is indeed a fictional character with every review having a plot. The problem comes with said plot in the reviews lacking continuity with the others. In the movie itself, the reviews in their entirety are treated as just part of a show, with 'The Nerd' being portrayed as mostly "normal in-universe".

'The Nerd' case basically debunks itself. The reviews shouldn't be used because even while being canon to the movie, they aren't treated as real.

The Nerd appearing in the Awesomeverse should be treated with our rules for crossovers.

Anyway, we need more staff input here regarding the new regulation page. Can somebody ask the other bureaucrats and administrators to do so?

Very few youtubers that do not have cohesive story would apply under these rules anyway, so there is no issue with that.

AguilaR101 said:

In fact, those that do not have these are already more or less banned (despite being a major double standard on our part, but I digress)

Andytrenom said:
I have watched exactly one video from the channel and so don't know almost anything about it, but how would Darkmatter2525 be treated according to the standards now?
I started working on pages for his "Power Corrupts" series, since it has a continuous storyline. His various videos are probably also usable but there's just a lot more content to go through for feats.

Can someone please contact Ryukama? He´s pretty knowledgeable regarding this after the Old Spice incident

Edit: Oh, it was already doen an hour ago. yay, let´s see when he appears here...

YungManzi said:
Anybody else advocate for Pro Wrestling profiles? I do.
Feel like they fall under similar rules to singers and stage personas.

But on the subject I had added a game WWE character that got deleted for no reason and Matt wouldn't reply or give me the code.

Definitely doesn't fall under stage personas or singers, I'll argue that to the death. But it appears admins are trying to close this particular discussion and we'd have to discuss it elsewhere.

Well, as mentioned earlier, it is necessary to not get swarmed with irrelevance or nonsense, and we are already loosening our restrictions a lot with the new regulations.

I think that most people here seemed okay with your draft, but I am not sure.

Perhaps we should have the opinions of more staff members.

SOMEONE NAMEDROPPED MONSTER GIRL QUEST HERE WHAT'S HAPPENING AAA

Kicks over every chair in the room

Anyway, uhh, where's the draft? Just so I can see what's actually being changed.

NEVER, ANDY

The content itself seems fine, but that seems like a rather broad title for a more specific problem. Sutff like fanfiction profiles or profiles from obscure verses would also be relevent for the title.

Well, I will likely have to improve on the language flow a bit in the draft, but I am very tired and overworked right now.

True, however I think the rules already illustrate that fanfiction characters should go to FC/OC. Also obscure verses would be hard to define, as I'm sure not everyone knows what Knack is but a vocal minority do.

Actually, I don't think anyone ouside of people who watch Dunkey even knows what Knack is. He's pretty much relevant because he's a meme.

But I think if I were to define obscure, it would be something like The Invisible Dragon, which practically no one knows. Not even a vocal minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back