• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

Aren’t there multiple instances of things below the root reaching the root?
Yes, the whole goal of the grail wars is to use the 7 servants energy to reach the root. And you can even use it as a power source in general.
Deagonx doing everything in his power to make sure Root never reaches Tier 0 even if its justifications are extremely clear.😱
Spare me the accusations.

could have sworn the whole point of the grail wars were to use the roots power.
Bro. Thats not the point. Did they ever succeed? No. Why? Because no one tries ******* with the root and lives to tell the tale.
Even if I’m wrong, isn’t Void Shiki’s existence in and of itself a contradiction to the root being tier 0?
Void Shiki is the Root (Void=Nothingness).

Deagonx doing everything in his power to make sure Root never reaches Tier 0 even if its justifications are extremely clear.
Cmon. We all know.
Comments like this make me lose respect for you.

And really, I don't think they belong in this thread. We're meant to be discussing Ultima's revisions, not shitflinging over whether one specific verse qualifies for tier 0 or not.

Comments like this make me lose respect for you.
I'm just saying things how I see them. I have the proof after all. And I'm pretty sure most of us know this deep down🤷‍♂️ Even you know that.
And really, I don't think they belong in this thread. We're meant to be discussing Ultima's revisions, not shitflinging over whether one specific verse qualifies for tier 0 or not.
I guess ur right.

I'm just saying things how I see them. I have the proof after all. And I'm pretty sure most of us know this deep down🤷‍♂️ Even you know that.
No. Stop trying to socially isolate someone and instill paranoia in them just because you disagree with them on where one series should be rated.

You're being rude, and it's uncalled for.

That, or, you seriously think that everyone on the planet agrees with you, believing any disagreement to be an intentional lie, that everyone else sees through just as well as you do.

Which is an extremely incorrect, immature, and unproductive worldview, which you'd do best to step out of. If you can't actually jog your mind out of it, at least write as if you don't function that way, otherwise it could lead you into bad behaviour that risks a ban.

No. Stop trying to socially isolate someone and instill paranoia in them just because you disagree with them on where one series should be rated.

You're being rude, and it's uncalled for.

That, or, you seriously think that everyone on the planet agrees with you, believing any disagreement to be an intentional lie, that everyone else sees through just as well as you do.

Which is an extremely incorrect, immature, and unproductive worldview, which you'd do best to step out of. If you can't actually jog your mind out of it, at least write as if you don't function that way, otherwise it could lead you into bad behaviour that risks a ban.
I'm not trying to do any of that. Thats not my intention. I'm simply saying things from what I and most Nasu supporters have noticed. I think I showed you a screenshot on how Deagon and his pals on discord plotted against Nasuverse never going beyond tier 2. If that isn't an indicator for what I mean, then I don't know what is.

I'm not trying to do any of that. Thats not my intention. I'm simply saying things from what I and most Nasu supporters have noticed. I think I showed you a screenshot on how Deagon and his pals on discord plotted against Nasuverse never going beyond tier 2. If that isn't an indicator for what I mean, then I don't know what is.
stop framing things in such a negative way. Planning downgrades is not malicious.

Doesn't help the debate either way. Best to drop and move on.

stop framing things in such a negative way. Planning downgrades is not malicious.
I'm not framing things. You know exactly what I'm implying. Bias. He was just against the verse in general.
Doesn't help the debate either way. Best to drop and move on.
It does. Cuz I would have to unnecessarily argue with him for up to 2 months again once a tier 0 Root thread drops cuz of his stonewalling tendency 🙄

Bias. He was just against the verse in general.
Are you biased, then, because you are "for the verse in general?"

I'm a big Fate fan, but my appreciation for a work of fiction doesn't manifest as desiring VSBW upgrades. Seeing a character or series I enjoy characterized inaccurately is disappointing to me, which is what I am working to prevent.

Are you biased, then, because you are "for the verse in general?"

I'm a big Fate fan, but my appreciation for a work of fiction doesn't manifest as desiring VSBW upgrades. Seeing a character or series I enjoy characterized inaccurately is disappointing to me, which is what I am working to prevent.
You barely even know stuff about Fate😭

I just tend to think you shouldn't accidentally end up in the "singular undifferentiated transcendent ground floor of existence" itself when you're dreaming and actually meet the personification of the Monad, who is then surprised to see you and says you shouldn't be there.

Mega%2520L%25202.png

I also think that if the ground floor of existence itself is "given metaphysical being by the collective consensus of humanity" then it probably isn't an authentic monad per our standards.

Screenshot_20230311_043034.png

But hey. Idk anything about Fate, apparently.

Anyways, I think Phoenks/Agnaa brings up a pretty decent point about the whole tier 0 thing being extended to other attributes. I am curious to see how Ultima responds to it, and how it will effect standards for things like NLF on here, if it does at all.

I just tend to think you shouldn't accidentally end up in the "singular undifferentiated transcendent ground floor of existence" itself when you're dreaming and actually meet the personification of the Monad, who is then surprised to see you and says you shouldn't be there.

Mega%2520L%25202.png
Firstly, Ryougi Shiki is the one "dreaming" not Void. Secondly, how can Void meet the "personification" of a monad if Void itself is the monad aka []
I also think that if the ground floor of existence itself is "given metaphysical being by the collective consensus of humanity" then it probably isn't an authentic monad per our standards.

Screenshot_20230311_043034.png
I dont understand why Collective consensus has anything to do with the Root not being Tier 0.

I dont understand why Collective consensus has anything to do with the Root not being Tier 0.
Something being sustained by, and subject to the agreement of humanity makes it, well, subject to change, and able to have different qualities, making it not qualify for tier 0 under Ultima's new system.

If humanity no longer agreeing that it should exist makes it not exist, it's not tier 0.

Something being sustained by, and subject to the agreement of humanity makes it, well, subject to change, and able to have different qualities, making it not qualify for tier 0 under Ultima's new system.

If humanity no longer agreeing that it should exist makes it not exist, it's not tier 0.
The Root isn't sustained by humanity. It exists separately from the rest of existence. Deagonx most likely misinterpreted the scan.

Back