• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

scp authors reaction after seeing that they wrote stacks of narratives, absurdly powerful hax and a giant cosmology only to be neg diffed by a character created in the 14th century by Dante Alighieri. (he didn't even know what powerscaling was)
staring-meme-bald-guy-staring.gif

scp authors reaction after seeing that they wrote stacks of narratives, absurdly powerful hax and a giant cosmology only to be neg diffed by a character created in the 14th century by Dante Alighieri. (he didn't even know what powerscaling was)
staring-meme-bald-guy-staring.gif
What if every author from 14th century and before knew about powerscaling and waited for specific group of nerds to make it sprout even more

It's funny that isekai characters keep appearing, whose creators strive to make them as powerful as possible, only to continue being neg diffed by a random god from Cthuluh mythos.

Last edited:
It's funny that isekai characters continue to appear, whose creators strive to make them as powerful as possible, only to continue being neg diffed by a random god from Cthuluh mythos.
Isekai authors watching their overbuffed mc get fodderised by some lovecraft character written centuries ago

Stop pedaling debunked stuff.
How the hell can it be debunked? Not only you have to prove that dozens of guys obsessed with PL, aren't...Obsessed with PL, but you also have to believe their words (because having a verse that has 50% of the characters have some kind of absurd smurf hax wasn't wroten for vsbw). I mean, cmon, a decent chunk are "quirky heckin chungus characters. (self insert)..That "coincidently" solos H.P lovecraft books". Do you think that SCP being treathed as a joke in the vs community isn't a coincidence?

How the hell can it be debunked? Not only you have to prove that dozens of guys obsessed with PL, aren't...Obsessed with PL, but you also have to believe their words (because having a verse that has 50% of the characters have some kind of absurd smurf hax wasn't wroten for vsbw). I mean, cmon, a decent chunk are "quirky heckin chungus characters. (self insert)..That "coincidently" solos H.P lovecraft books". Do you think that SCP being treathed as a joke in the vs community isn't a coincidence?
@Sir_Ovens @Saikou_The_Lewd_King

Not a powercalling verse. The absurd ammount of R>F, and mathematics have nothing to do
damn, so like was CS lewis and lovecraft powerscalers, also part of scp is cosmic horror beyond human comprehension (ie maths), and narratives are common in fiction ie marvel, so mute point. The only reason people complain is because scp beats most of their favourite verses and need a scapegoat other than just say they're salty

damn, so like was CS lewis and lovecraft powerscalers, also part of scp is cosmic horror beyond human comprehension (ie maths), and narratives are common in fiction ie marvel, so mute point. The only reason people complain is because scp beats most of their favourite verses and need a scapegoat other than just say they're salty
One was made with a purpose, a story, the other was made for "OMG CAN HE BEAT GOKU SJ20000?". So it just devolves into power scalling wankery, not only this is validated by the terrible writting, but also because some monster that appeared from some uknown place is "coincidentally" stronger than the last bad guy, which is also absurdly strong. I mean, you should have expected when the lizard was just shitty george joestar kars, and people tried to uphim

One was made with a purpose, a story, the other was made for "OMG CAN HE BEAT GOKU SJ20000?". So it just devolves into power scalling wankery, not only this is validated by the terrible writting, but also because some monster that appeared from some uknown place is "coincidentally" stronger than the last bad guy, which is also absurdly strong. I mean, you should have expected when the lizard was just shitty george joestar kars, and people tried to uphim
So your only evidence is that the lizard beats goku.....

Theres over 7000 scp's and most of them aren't goku soloing, also with 7000 scp's theres going to be good and bad stories, if you honestly think if something is strong then its just for powerscaling, you need to go touch grass man

If you look hard enough for a skinwalker in a crowd of people, you will always find it.

SCP as a verse has always been about cool stories and concepts. If said cool concepts end up having to incorporate philosophy or science that end up at 1-A, they're gonna get incorporated regardless. The ratio of biggaversal pseudo-science gibberish to Mr. Fish articles are 1:10. The biggaversal article just tend to be more interesting to read cause they're huge lore chunks with cool formats. And for the purposes of battleboarding, we tend to gravitate towards that.

Mind you, 99% of the reason why we have so many tier 1s and 0s is because of cross scaling. Most of the articles written (if you even bother to read the source material) have absolutely nothing to do with tiers. In fact, all of Kaktusverse has no feats beyond 8-A. Everyone just scales to the Noosphere which happens to be a High 1-A construct from various other sources.

Like a good example are the bees. Outside of an article wherein they kill 3125, they're just bees that suck the religion out of you. It's a cool concept. It was never written to be tier-bait. And even in the article where they kill 3125, it isn't written to make the bees biggaversal on purpose, it was clearly written with the twist ending in mind. Again, cool concept and execution (heh).

So yeah. You can complain about SCP being "made for tiers" but I'm pretty sure the authors hate us and will keep doing their thing regardless of tiers.

SCP as a verse has always been about cool stories and concepts. If said cool concepts end up having to incorporate philosophy or science that end up at 1-A, they're gonna get incorporated regardless. The ratio of biggaversal pseudo-science gibberish to Mr. Fish articles are 1:10. The biggaversal article just tend to be more interesting to read cause they're huge lore chunks with cool formats. And for the purposes of battleboarding, we tend to gravitate towards that.

Mind you, 99% of the reason why we have so many tier 1s and 0s is because of cross scaling. Most of the articles written (if you even bother to read the source material) have absolutely nothing to do with tiers. In fact, all of Kaktusverse has no feats beyond 8-A. Everyone just scales to the Noosphere which happens to be a High 1-A construct from various other sources.

Like a good example are the bees. Outside of an article wherein they kill 3125, they're just bees that suck the religion out of you. It's a cool concept. It was never written to be tier-bait. And even in the article where they kill 3125, it isn't written to make the bees biggaversal on purpose, it was clearly written with the twist ending in mind. Again, cool concept and execution (heh).

So yeah. You can complain about SCP being "made for tiers" but I'm pretty sure the authors hate us and will keep doing their thing regardless of tiers.
You seem to forget that a good chunk of histories are
A. Cool concepts with bad execution
B. MY PL IS SO HIGH DOOOOD
C. Cool concepts with decent execution
What was once some story based on doctor who, became gimmicks where half of the text is [redacted]. Do you renember the whole "satelite who isn't the author self insert wink, that looks homestuck...". Yes in the scary website page
Doesn't help how a good chunk of SCP become tier 1-A by LITERAL MULTIVERSE WANKERY

What was once some story based on doctor who, became gimmicks where half of the text is [redacted]. Do you renember the whole "satelite who isn't the author self insert wink, that looks homestuck...". Yes in the scary website page
Doesn't help how a good chunk of SCP become tier 1-A by LITERAL MULTIVERSE WANKERY
So your only rebuttals is “it’s strong therefore it’s bad”

Ok and? None of that has to do with tiers. A bad story is a bad story. Marvel and DC has a ton of those. Doesn't mean they were made for tiers specifically. Also SCP has moved past being purely horror. Here Were Dragons is a great example of a good story that isn't about horror.

Also this multiverse wankery nonsense is like, childish? You know why we have pages like 3125 or 2747? Because they're repeatedly used in stories and have an impact on the overall cosmology of the verse.

You also seem to not understand that tiering is purely something we do on our end. We interpret the stories being told and tier them according to our standards in the way we deem fit. SCP writers themselves have no say in how we choose to represent them here. If you want to direct your hate towards something more productive, direct it towards Saikou and me. We made the verse what it is today. We spent years trying to piece together a coherent cosmology and got here through our own efforts and the efforts of the SCP Revision Team.

You want SCP to stop being tier 1? Tell us why it shouldn't be in a CRT. Oh but then you'd actually have to read years of SCP content, wouldn't you? You don't put in the effort, and you tell us we're shit. We've heard it all a dozen times over.

Last edited:
People are allowed to not like SCP and think it should be removed, y'all know that right? 🗿

I get that this topic's been discussed extensively and it's probably tiring hearing the same sentiments ad infinitum, but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to hold that sentiment. Personally, I don't care. I couldn't even begin to tell you what the hell an SCP is. But this is kinda ridiculous, especially in earlier pages here talking about this.

People are allowed to not like SCP and think it should be removed, y'all know that right? 🗿

I get that this topic's been discussed extensively and it's probably tiring hearing the same sentiments ad infinitum, but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to hold that sentiment. Personally, I don't care. I couldn't even begin to tell you what the hell an SCP is. But this is kinda ridiculous, especially in earlier pages here talking about this.

I like how this is a CRT that's going to kill Tier 0 SCP and going to make it harder for it to stick to High 1-A. Yet people still find a way to complain about it being OP or whatever.

I think it's also important to keep in mind that powerscaling is a lot bigger than it used to be. It's not THAT abnormal anymore that a relatively more obscure verse can get some overwhelming attention from Vs Debators in that manner, and certainly isn't a sign that the verse as a whole is Vs Debater bait. But even with that, most of what's used for the current tiers is from well-established authors whose work is by and large completely unrelated to tieritis. It being strong is mostly due to it being a very large verse with a focus on weird esoteric worldbuilding. Not because of some evil Vs Debator conspiracy.

Maybe if people weren't obssessed with talking shit about us behind our backs and trying to get the verse deleted every second we'd be less pissed. But I guess that won't happen any time soon so we'll stay pissed.

Literally not relevant, this isn't some big debate, it's just a matter of personal sentiment. We know by now that the verse ain't getting deleted with the number of rejected threads on the matter. You don't need to go opinion police mode on anyone that doesn't like SCP
Maybe if people weren't obssessed with talking shit about us behind our backs and trying to get the verse deleted every second we'd be less pissed. But I guess that won't happen any time soon so we'll stay pissed.
Thought I'd acknowledged that though...
I get that this topic's been discussed extensively and it's probably tiring hearing the same sentiments ad infinitum
Like I said, I bet it's super tiring. I wouldn't know. But this kneejerk reaction's a bit much. Same goes for the other side too - those that have an irrational kneejerk reaction at the mere mention of SCP (or sometimes, not even needing it to be mentioned, they just still find a way to bring it up)

Back