• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

SCP has several layers of meta-qualitative superiorities, making them Tier 0 under the old system, but they don't have any of the esoteric philosophical language for High 1-A+ or 0.
High 1-A+ doesn't need esoteric philosophical language.It just needs mentions of omnipotence or "all possible worlds" operating at that scale.
This mocking is baseless. A Monad or a collection of all possibilities doesn't fit with SCP's themes, and the authors reputable enough to do one regardless aren't interested.
I have no idea why SCP would have that.
Do you really think that sort of thing would be that out of line for IS?

Also, the simple existence of the Kaktusverse Paragons is something I would not have expected until they were made. I didn't expect 682 or 2747 to get even more abstract representations that would have them scale near the top of the cosmology, but then they came along.

Oh, also, this tale just got dropped, and is currently sitting at +9. It brings up logically possible/impossible worlds, describing them as aspects of the narrative stack, uses Russel's Paradox to dismiss the idea of hyper-narratives, and declares a Supreme Author as the prime mover of the chain of author-narratives. It's simply absurd to claim that SCP can't have the "esoteric philosophical language" needed for this new tiering system. Whether stuff like this actually ends up scaling to someone is just a matter of chance.

Oh, also, this tale just got dropped, and is currently sitting at +9. It brings up logically possible/impossible worlds, describing them as aspects of the narrative stack, uses Russel's Paradox to dismiss the idea of hyper-narratives, and declares a Supreme Author as the prime mover of the chain of author-narratives.

I mean Ultima's 1-A thread has been done for a while now so...

I think this became somewhat of an FFA/hub for all of Ultima's tiering system revisions

Got me ****** up if you think I'm going anywhere near Fortnite
Come on, it's a funny verse and a fun game! Lore isn't even that hard to understand, if anything it's figuring out how crossovers are going to scale to it since it's really just a massive composite verse

even in the new system?
There's no R > F in forntite (or well maybe the Zero POint could qualify) but the main issue is DC and Marvel are confirmed canon to Fortnite. Fortnite has established EVERYTHING it crosses over with is Canon to Fortnite.

Alongside that, Marvel and DC have special made comics featuring crossovers with Fortnite that were integral to its plot for Chapter 2 and 3 I believe. One of which features The Batman Who Laughs.

Come on, it's a funny verse and a fun game! Lore isn't even that hard to understand, if anything it's figuring out how crossovers are going to scale to it since it's really just a massive composite verse
I'd like to help more, maybe I'll check a thread or so in passing, but I also just have no interest in the game, sorry to say

There's no R > F in forntite (or well maybe the Zero POint could qualify) but the main issue is DC and Marvel are confirmed canon to Fortnite. Fortnite has established EVERYTHING it crosses over with is Canon to Fortnite.

Does that mean that Fortnite will always scale to the top DC/ Marvel character they show in the verse?

Does that mean that Fortnite will always scale to the top DC/ Marvel character they show in the verse?
Pretty much. But before I make any revisions, I'd probably have to figure out how the hell DC and Marvel scaling works and also revamp profiles because... dear lord are they outdated and there's so much to cover.

Fortnite has official comics with Marvel and DC

And DC itself claims all material is canon now lol.

Fortnite scaling is the worst thing ever tbh

Don't you think that this complicates everything a little, since now dc has a tier 0, which is supposed to be the undifferentiated totality. How do you interpret the connection between Fortnite and DC taking that character into account?

Fortnite has official comics with Marvel and DC

And DC itself claims all material is canon now lol.

Fortnite scaling is the worst thing ever tbh
Oh...
Oh__That%27s_Real_Nice.jpg

I just remembered Herald of Thunder Thor shows up in Fortnite, and so does Galactus, which was literlaly the Chapter 2 season marvel event...

Wow we really are getting High 1-A huh (assuming they stay that way)

Don't you think that this complicates everything a little, since now dc has a tier 0, which is supposed to be the undifferentiated totality. How do you interpret the connection between Fortnite and DC taking that character into account?
Like how it always does. It's pretty much their canon and cosmology retroactively applied to the Zero Point. In the Fortnite universe, the Zero Point is pretty much the thing that created everything, so like... Imagine that it's as normal, but just that the Zero Point created it.

Once again, still working out the kinks.

Or does Fortnite only have a connection with a branch of DC stories?

Like how it always does. It's pretty much their canon and cosmology retroactively applied to the Zero Point. In the Fortnite universe, the Zero Point is pretty much the thing that created everything, so like... Imagine that it's as normal, but just that the Zero Point created it.

Once again, still working out the kinks.
Realizing this means Tier 0 Jonesy, Foundation, and Geno

Back