• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

So we will have much more 1A characters then.
Yes.
Stricter rules and evaluations afterall.
They won't be stricter, they'll be far, far, far looser.
Yeah, some even losing their current 1-A status
Not many, and it will be heavily outweighed by the changes to BDE.

Like, our standards on when BDE will qualify for (Low) 1-A will go from "They need to establish that they're beyond infinitely dimensions, or that no matter how many dimensions are added, that they'd be beyond them" to "They just need to say they're beyond dimensions, even vaguely".

That is unfathomably more important than 1-A and above characters losing that tier if they mention cardinals.

Stricter R>F standards would bump some down, but they'd still be able to sit at Low 1-A.

So basically we are changing to CSAP scaling.
Not really if that's the case, this guy should qualify, but doesn't (for now), so i think its more like we are reverting back to the old standards but this time more implicated
Last time only 1-A characters could have BDE2 or so the more like even CM1, but now IF you do have BDE2 whether youre this tier or that tier then fine

Not really if that's the case, this guy should qualify, but doesn't (for now), so i think its more like we are reverting back to the old standards but this time more implicated
Last time only 1-A characters could have BDE2 or so the more like even CM1, but now IF you do have BDE2 whether youre this tier or that tier then fine
Oh man changes will last forever. Site took huge burden with this new tiering.

Oh man changes will last forever. Site took huge burden with this new tiering.
ultima being ultima
Even the likes of tier 0 is now warped and i for real dont get it, it sounds like characters with new standards Acausality Type 5 will qualify for tier 0

Stricter R>F standards would bump some down, but they'd still be able to sit at Low 1-A.
Can the announcer's remote get accepted as outerversal
He got 2-C on basis of R>F

Dado que esto fue una discusión del personal y la mayoría de los usuarios no pueden comentar al respecto, pensé que sería bueno, para el resto de nosotros, poder expresar lo que pensamos al respecto. Parece que algo como esto podría cambiar el sistema de niveles y afectar a la mayoría de los perfiles de este sitio.

¿Cuáles son los pensamientos de la gente?

Aquí tenéis el hilo para los que no lo sepáis.
I don't see a problem with what they do, at the end of the day who knows how that will end

hola-homero-simpson.gif

Although we are not talking about Tensura here, is it possible that Veldanava is going to move up to 1-A? I ask because I heard some rumors about that.

We waiting for volume 21 official translations which is next year or two years from now, I'll probably not be here by then so most likely not, however if i am still here then yes
So... with the current volumes already translated, is it possible to consider level 1-A or would more tests be needed?

Sorry for the double post, but I'm pretty certain it's these two statements that they are referring to, which are both referring to Shifting Mound
Both of these statements: "You cannot use words to grasp at things beyond their reach" and "Names are their attempts to capture what cannot be captured"

Back