• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Chaos Capital Of Weirdmageddon (Discord (IDW) vs Bill Cipher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwardtruong2006 said:
Bill can interact with Dipper's soul form just fine and he shouldn't have lost it in his transition to 3-D so he should be able to hit incorporeals and intangibles.
When did he ever interact with Dippers soul physically?

I mean, Bill did rip out Dipper's soul from his body

imo Bill should be able to do it since GF Ghosts can and they are just one of the many results of Bill's Nightmere Realm leaking into the World but I digress

Okay and that proves he can harm ghosts or intangibles how exactly? Wasn't that agreed to be only done via a deal? He wasn't able to interact with the soul until Dipper made a deal and allowed for it.

Wow.

At least it's a close thread until someone inevitably comes in with wank for Bill since that's all he has going for him and in actual fights gets blitzed.

If one or the other has a way to put the other down with hacks. It's more so who just uses a hack first. Which is more willing to bet Discord considering his magic detection would warn him right off the bat that Bill is a real threat. Giving him the chance to take the fight seriously first and go for his best hacks.

Still trying to catch up on the comments above so I'm not entirely certain if there's hacks he can use. I'ok recommend if there's a point I missed

Lightbuster30 said:
Okay and that proves he can harm ghosts or intangibles how exactly? Wasn't that agreed to be only done via a deal? He wasn't able to interact with the soul until Dipper made a deal and allowed for it.
That's cause the soul was still in his body. The deal just opened up his soul so Bill could pull it out. He still touched it when pulling it out

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
That's cause the soul was still in his body. The deal just opened up his soul so Bill could pull it out. He still touched it when pulling it out
Do you have proof it works this way?

I'd like Discord to win, but what's stopping Bill from OHKOing Dissy before Dissy actually uses any viable hax? It's really a matter of when Discord uses his Sleep/Memory Hax.

He may also get conceptual manipulation for being able to re-write the concept he embodies from chaos to order and back again, on top of being the principle of order as Accord.

Considering people keep saying Bill starts with transmutation or sleep manip, and since both have been established to not work, that's what gives Discord the win here.

What? Thats not how it works. Does Discord himself have any reliable methods for putting Bill down? Otherwise this is an incon. Abilities being discussed in the CRT also count since they are mostly accepted by this point and we're just working out the kinks.

And they're right, Bill has started with Transmutation in some instances, and he has started with Sleep Manip in some instances, just like he has started with AP in some other instances.

...Yes he does. Power Null, Mind Manip, Sleep Manip/Memory Manip, basically all of the haxes in his arsenal that Bill doesn't resist.

Anyway, Discord resists Sleep Manip and he can Shapeshift back from being Transmutated. If Type 8 gets added, AP will probably not work either.

He does have hax to use, but that isn't the issue. The issue is Bill firing a laser at Discord before he uses it. PN is Discord's starter, and apperantly Blasting people is one of Bill's. It depends on if Bill uses AP before Discord uses one of his haxes that he doesn't normally start with.

If Bill doesn't resist PN, then Discord wins right there. If he does, then it depends on if Bill uses his AP or transmute/sleep manip. If he doesn't go for the AP, Discord resists, haxes, and EE's him, else Bill OHKOs.

If Discord Gets Type 8, then I don't think Bill would be able to kill Discord with AP anymore.

Until PN is confirmed to work on Bill, or Discord gets updated, I still think incon is the safest bet here.

Honestly, we really should bring back that thread that was petitioning to add In-character starting moves to pages.

Well there's also the answer of if Bill tries to shoot Discord with a blast Discord could just do what he did against King Sombra and snap it away, so there's that. Plus we've established that Discord can just think to a use his powers so he's attack faster than Bill can anyway.

Honestly I think the bottom line here is of Bill's 3 starting moves, 2 of them won't work and the last one could but it's not likely to. A 2/3 chance of doing the wrong move to win doesn't seem very Incon to me. More times than not, Bill will just end up doing the wrong thing and will lose because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back