• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Chaos Capital Of Weirdmageddon (Discord (IDW) vs Bill Cipher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well boys we did it. It took a couple years but Bill Cipher and Discord can now fairly fight one another without complaints or objections. It's a reality-warping rumble between the two weirdpocalypse bringers. The two overpowered titans. The Dream Demon and Dragonequus of unfamothable power over reality. Also my two favorite villains when I was like 11, settling it once and for all in this Clash of Chaos.

Ok now it's off my chest

Real vote. I'm gonna say Discord probably. With his whole magic detection thing, he is gonna get series like right at the start as knowing Bill is a thread. And does one of the many many hacks Bill doesn't resist like power Null. And his magic is activated by thought. So he could Begone a Thot with a Thought.

That said, Bill's lead, transmutation, won't really be all that effective either. While his opponents are unconscious when they're snapped, Discord has been shown to stay completely conscious while imprisoned as a statue. He can shapeshift back to normal or still be able to think to affect Bill.

Kriskirby said:
That said, Bill's lead, transmutation, won't really be all that effective either. While his opponents are unconscious when they're snapped, Discord has been shown to stay completely conscious while imprisoned as a statue. He can shapeshift back to normal or still be able to think to affect Bill.
Isn't that more of a resistance to petrification and not transmutation? I know they're similar but eh

Would Bill be conscious is HE was turned to stone? I'm not seeing any resistance to petrification, but I'm unsure if Discord's power would be strong enough to affect Bill. I also don't know if Bill being turned into a statue would 'turn on' his ability to see through paintings and representations of himself. In this case, a statue.

I mean, Bill turned himself to stone. Petrification in particular won't affect him, though other forms of transmutation might.

In all honesty, (obviously I'm willing to change this) but I, going with inconclusive. I don't really see either actually being able to fully put down or incapitate the other easily. It's likely both counter each other's transmutation/petrification and even with the AP advantage, would that even be able to fully kill Discord? I'm assuming not even slightly

Buttersamuri said:
With his whole magic detection thing, he is gonna get series like right at the start as knowing Bill is a thread
In the Magolor vs Discord thread I pointed out that what Discorsd's profile says isn't the same as knowing power levels, and can actually be interpreted in a number of ways. With variable usability in vsthreads, so how exactly does it work?

Could Discord incapitate Bill with Sleep or memory manipulation, and then erase him while incapitated before bill can recite his ressurection? He shouldn't be able to ressurect if he can't remember what he's supposed to say, or is unconscious at the time. Both Bill and Discord in character seem to snap or otherwise use hand movements, but Discord should be able to be faster via thought (unless Bill can also do it by thought. IDK much about him).

Both are gonna have hell of a hard time putting each other down, thanks to Bill's Low-Godly and Discord's Type 2 and 3 as well as his possible Abstract Existence type 2 (Which is currently being discussed in his upgrade thread). This is gonna be a fight to settle by hax

Discord can sense magic being stolen, or transferred into others. It's why Celestia wanted his help to track down Tirek, for his sole ability to detect magic like that. I think she should have an idea of just how extreme Bill's power is.

Angeltripper said:
Could Discord incapitate Bill with Sleep or memory manipulation, and then erase him while incapitated before bill can recite his ressurection? He shouldn't be able to ressurect if he can't remember what he's supposed to say, or is unconscious at the time. Both Bill and Discord in character seem to snap or otherwise use hand movements, but Discord should be able to be faster via thought (unless Bill can also do it by thought. IDK much about him).
Discord leads with power null which won't work and sleep would work just fine on Discord as well. If Discord decides to power null and Bill goes for sleep then Bill takes it

However I think Incon is better because both don't lead with sleep usually and then after the initial move it's anyone's game

Divine low Regenerationn is automatic and if some of Bill's abilities are of early thinking and clairvoyance I feel that Bill can take that with several of his hax (seal + precog / clairvoyance + atomize discord) but Discord can also use seal and Bill no resists transmutation

then agorsax the chaos stomp both with passives (incon).

I mean, considering Discord can attack faster than Bill can is what gives him the win in my book. It's definitely very close, but I say Discord takes it via being able to use his powers faster than Bill can.

TheArsenal1212 said:
Angeltripper said:
Discord leads with power null which won't work and sleep would work just fine on Discord as well. If Discord decides to power null and Bill goes for sleep then Bill takes it
However I think Incon is better because both don't lead with sleep usually and then after the initial move it's anyone's game
True. If this was bloodlusted, I'd probably give it to Discord based on him being faster and getting his hax off first. But since it isn't I'm gonna go with Incon as well. Too many variables for a definite answer.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I mean, considering Discord can attack faster than Bill can is what gives him the win in my book. It's definitely very close, but I say Discord takes it via being able to use his powers faster than Bill can.
His lead, power null, isn't working

According to Cal anyway

Well according to King in another thread, it should. I can't quote it rn, but in the Calypso vs Bill thread, he says that Bill should still be affected by Calypso's powers, even though Calypso is even weaker than Bill, because Bill is still a 3D being, and without sufficient resistance can be affected by 3D powers, so if it worked there, it should here.

I imagine it going something like this:

Discord powernulls. It doesn't work. Bill snaps. Discord is transmuted and remains conscious. He knows about Bill's magic and thinks, probably mindhaxing. Overall Discord seems to resist/counter more than what Bill can.

Also iirc Bill's precog isn't combat applicable.

With this, as well as if what Cinnabar says is true, count my vote for Discord for now.

TheArsenal1212 said:

Hah! The stone sleep spell completely failed to do the sleep part on Discord considering he was conscious the entire time, so thats a no go.

The real cal howard said:
I mean, Bill turned himself to stone. Petrification in particular won't affect him, though other forms of transmutation might.
Couldn't Bill just **** off from his physical body and make a new one if he gets transmuted?

Hah! The stone sleep spell completely failed to do the sleep part on Discord considering he was conscious the entire time, so thats a no go.

Oh? My apologies then. I know next to nothing about Discord hahah

While I disagree with Cal that turning oneself into stone=Resistance to Petrification, Bill then came back to his body and turn it back to normal. I'm pretty sure transmutation means nothing to him unless they target his consciousness as well, which we do know it's not the same as his body.

well the obvious answer is Bills Petrification was resisted by that one lady with the bad eye, as shown by his dialogue when seeing she turned back from stone and he obviously didn't intend that. So human level resisted it. So Discord No Dif

Really though. They don't have real resistance to many hacks. So what about the hacks they don't have resistance too. Any of them able to settle it

Kriskirby said:
Also iirc Bill's precog isn't combat applicable.
It is, he just has to use it, he did so 3 times in the show.

Other IC thing he has and has started with is stopping time, in his first appearance and in Weirdmageddon.

I mean, I wouldn't expect Transmutation to work on Bill anyway since he has shapeshifting to counter, same goes for Discord though.

Eficiente said:
While I disagree with Cal that turning oneself into stone=Resistance to Petrification,
Yeah, resistance is the ability to resist and not get affected. If you get affected then you by definition don't resist. The fact that you have to undo it in the first place defeats the entire point of resistance.

I mean, you wouldn't call a character resistant to fire for regenerating from getting burned alive right? They still got burned. It just so happens they had an ability (regen) to undo the burns.

So if Discord resists sleep (despite it not being on his profile???) He should have the advantage then. They could probably survive long enough against each other until Discord eventually uses one of his haxes that incaps Bill, then EEs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back