• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Blue bomber vs The Umbra Witch ( Redux.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reppuzan said:
Even though Mega wouldn't hesitate to whip out Time Manipulation if he knew what he was up against, Bayo is still the more likely one to pull it off to end the fight.
So in your opinion is there any good reason a composite megaman wouldn't start with any of his time stop abilties? Also wouldnt he easily use it when he notices time being effected since he's fought opponents like flash man and centuar with full stop?

@Zensum

Those Robot Masters don't have matter hax on top of time hax or the firepower needed to one-shot Mega while time is slowed.

Bayonetta has the firepower and the in-character nature to start with Witch Time and flatten Mega with a Wicked Weave.

Though I hate to say it, Bayonetta probably takes this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
In regards to that, Bayonetta has multiple instances of interacting with the real world through Purgatorio such as tripping Luka or picking up Lipstick, stopping time (Which affects him) and drawing on his face.
Visual on-screen evidence >>>>>>>>> Speculation from in-universe character.
Already debunked her stopping time for Luka in the Bayo CRT.

Also, being unable to interact with the real world while in Purgatorio is literally the first scene of the game. Bayo herself observing people shouldn't be able to interact with her and vice-versa is in chapter 1 of the game. Even in Bayo 2, Luka could see Bayonetta but phases right through her. Likely more scenes.

There's some quality visual on-screen evidence.

She is able to interact with the Human World in Purgatorio, that is self-evident for everyone who played the games. Bayonetta trips Luka, grabs lipstick, etc. She can do it when she wants to. It's not inconsistent. It only becomes so when you arbitrary insert the notion that she can't based on instances of her choosing not to, while ignoring all instances where she's done it.

@Bruce None of the arguments for Mega are legitimate, even the resident Mega Man expert disagrees with them

WeeklyBattles said:
@Bruce None of the arguments for Mega are legitimate, even the resident Mega Man expert disagrees with them
KK then. I only read about halfway since I don't got a lot of time.

Will come back later

Matthew Schroeder said:
She is able to interact with the Human World in Purgatorio, that is self-evident for everyone who played the games. Bayonetta trips Luka, grabs lipstick, etc. She can do it when she wants to. It's not inconsistent. It only becomes so when you arbitrary insert the notion that she can't based on instances of her choosing not to, while ignoring all instances where she's done it.
She can do it when she wants to, despite Bayo saying neither should be able to interact with each other in the first chapter. I assume you've played the game since you say it's self-evident?

I did, it is self-evident because she does interact with the human world while on Purgatorio. And she says that in regards to natural interaction, I think, not interaction brought by a Witch or Sage or Angel or Demon.

I don't know if this changes anything, but in Super Adventure Rockman, Mega Man correctly calculated where Flash Man was going to reappear during a time stop and ended up destroyed him with a well-shot Metal Blade towards that calculated spot. In the cutscene it seems Mega Man was able to feel where Flash Man was or something since he closed his eyes and concentrated for a second until he eventually found out where the Robot Master was going to be. So I suppose Mega Man can be aware of what's going on in some sense while he's time slowed?

Match doesn't seem fair to me, if she leads with something Mega Man can't counter and It's highly unlikely he'll go for his first... He'll get crushed pretty fast.

Note: This is My Opinion!!!! on the fight.

I think the same, megaman is being nerfed to the ground here. If he can not use any of his hax just because it was not shown in cg (which I think is non sense to be honest) and his opponent will simply run away to another dimension just to keep attacking from there, then that's a stomp.

Just because a bayonetta leads with time slow before Mega man can use any of his abilities doesn't make this a stomp.

I agree that just because a character doesn't use their abilities in cg doesn't mean they want/can't use them in a fight.

Having one ability that let's you win =/= a stomp, especially when it's been established that without that ability the character in question would lose in dozens of different ways

Blueblur24 said:
Just because a bayonetta leads with time slow before Mega man can use any of his abilities doesn't make this a stomp.
I agree that just because a character doesn't use their abilities in cg doesn't mean they want/can't use them in a fight.
I would agree if megaman was a game with many CGs, but they are only using an OP and a scene of a few seconds at the beginning of megaman 8. Since when does Opening serve as a parameter for something? most of the things that appear on an OP are just stylistic content and not real scenes from the fight/something canon. You can see that most of the time, many scenes that are used in the OP are not contained in anime and manga.

sure mm would also use his Hax in a deadly fight , instead of just getting into normal attacks for no reason at all.

Just saying, Mega Man has a time slow that has almost the exact same effect as witch time. Even down to the color the screen changes. And he can use all of his weapons unrestricted while time is slowed. Mega Man has fought Time Man before, as well as Flash Man and Bright Man. Enemies that can control time haven't been shown to be to big of a problem for the blue bomber, even if he himself lacks there weapons. True, Bayonetta has a lot more, dakka for lack of a better word than those characters, but Mega Man wins via hax.

No time slow in mega man is anywhere near as potent as Bayonettas, and mega man has no resistance to time slow as potent as bayinettas, the mega man expert of the wiki himself said so.

Oh. Well still, are time powers even permitted in speed equalization threads? And anyway, Mega Man probably could take what Bayo could dish until he could bring out Time Stopper, and Time Slow still will partially counteract Witch Time.

Yes it's allowed. Bayo leads with Witch Time into Purgatorio, a parallel universe where she can attack the opponent, but to the opponent opponent she is invisible and intangible, while also time slowed to such a degree that moving an inch or two takes 10 minutes, with the mind of anyone slowed being slowed to that degree as well. Unless he can take being literally touched once and overloaded with magic that can blow up 5-B technology or being atomized, the. no he cant. And his time slow is not as potent as bayos so it wouldnt cancel out witch time on top of bayo having a resistance to time manip.

Bayonetta while in Purgatorio is invisible and intangible to the outside world, but people in the outside world is also viewed as transparent and intangible to her as well. Objects are affected in both worlds.

Before you say what I said isn't true:

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=8m28s

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=11m25s

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=27m57s

https://youtu.be/p7mh70yvhBo?t=3m25s

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=42m4s

https://youtu.be/rRKCWWNgYbg?t=40m46s

Bayo drawing on Luka with lipstick: Valid, as she uses an object to do so.

Bayo tripping Luka in Purgatorio: Outlier

Bazillions isn't standard equipment.

And what 5-B technology?

You really cant call it an outlier when there are multiple consistent instances of it happening. Hell a major point of the first game was that Lukas father was torn apart by angels while those angels were in Purgatorio

Bazillions is standard equipment, as is everything in her arsenal

The Umbra Armor she used as a bomb againt resplencence when she was bfred back in time to the witch hunts

As I've said before, Scarborough fair is her standard gun set, not Bazillions which you get from beating the game on hard or using cheats. The fact that you unlock it after completion of the story makes it non-standard.

And you can hardly not call it an outlier, considering Bayonetta herself thorugh dialogue stated that she shouldn't be able to intervene in the affairs of the human world, while in Purgatorio, plus the two worlds not being able to interact is even in the second game via feats.

@Kep

Yeah they're in both games, + they're actually listed as standard equipment. Every weapon she picks up doesn't become her standard gear, especially when we see her go to her main guns as her primary form of offense in every cutscene in every game.

Dante's profile does it the right way, with Rebellion, E&I, and Force Edge being standard equipment, as 9/10 if the plot doesn't require other weapons he will use those, plus they've been featured in every game.

"her guns are objects"

Her glasses are too, and other body accesories, but they don't drop off every time she goes ghost. Objects = environment.

@UMR So by your own logic, Mega Man would start out with the Mega Buster, not with his time hax

Considering the entire point of Luka even being a character in the series is because he watched his father get ripped apart by Angels that were in Purgatorio, Luka was nearly killed by Angels that were in Purgatorio twice, and Bayo has multiple feats of interacting with the real world including people while she's in Purgatorio, its not even close to an outlier

Idk what his standard weapons are, though his key is composite, which means he gets all his stuff from previous keys (what's standard or not, idk).

Also the Purgatorio argument comes down to you providing evidence where she can interact versus me providing evidence where she can't + her own words stating she shouldn't be able to interact + (and you'll ignore this but it's just more evidence) Antonio's notebook stating that the two worlds shouldn't be able to physically interact either. Even when you play through the Vigrid chapter while in Purgatorio, you can run through the entire city of people.

So I assume this is not interacting with each other. https://youtu.be/sOMxjVMxGlA?t=264

Or this. https://youtu.be/sOMxjVMxGlA?t=275

Or this. https://youtu.be/sOMxjVMxGlA?t=282

Or this. https://youtu.be/ToibRtIdTkE?t=1130

Or this. https://youtu.be/ToibRtIdTkE?t=1152

Or this entire plotline. https://youtu.be/20iWNKmHRUg?t=592

Bayonetta is getting downgraded for the pettiest shit because of some personal grudges. This isn't about trying to get correct profiles, this is blatant spite and it needs to ******* stop.

Bayonetta can choose to either be intangible or not in Purgatorio. You act under the assumption that it is either one or the other, but you are wrong. It is entirely dependent on what Bayonetta wants. If it serves her purpose, she will interact as she does repeatedly. If it server her purpose, she will remain fully intangible.

Considering almost all of the votes for Mega Man are based on inaccurate information, i think Bayo won quite some time ago

Bayo herself says one thing and doesn't suggest or even hint that Purgatorio has multi-use functions via her own words, then there are feats that support her own statement, and feats that don't. It makes no sense to have the statements in the game with the amount of counter-feats that exist.

@Dragon

Why are you being so hostile? And nobody is downgrading anything here.

Then I don't see how this hasn't been added. This has been active all week. Add it to the files so we can close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back